• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM015: The Clawed Hill, Iwanko and Lugarugan!!

who else thinks it will evolve into the day form in future? could see sandstorm and Accelrock

Evolving seems to be Rock doggo's wish as well iirc. I'd prefer it to evolve into midday and I'm expecting writers to choose that form, too.

Midnight form is horrid isn't it? They cannot pick that.

Well, I guess if Ash wasn't destined to get cute Kanto Vulpix, then I'm glad he got cute rock puppy.

I always felt bad for poor Rockruff in the previous episodes where Kukui and/or Ash would walk out of the house and tell Rockruff to look after things. It seemed to be sad at being left behind. I have to wonder if the reason it started going to Fight Club was because of Ash coming to the house. Maybe it was content to just live with Kukui & have food and shelter, but then when Ash settled in, and it saw how his Pokes trained with him & battled, it wanted to have a part in that, too. I think maybe the only way it knew how to do that was to sneak off to Fight Club.

The training scenes were funny as heck in some places. I especially laughed at the first scene where Ash wanted them all to be bobbing their heads up and down, and Pikachu let loose with an Electro Ball. And then as Ash was still rambling on, Pika collapsed on the sand, but then had to jump up quick when Ash turned to him for confirmation of what he was saying.

I liked the battle with Magmar even though it might have been a wee bit Farfetch'd to have a first stage Rockruff battling a second stage Magmar. It seems as though the training Ash & Pikachu gave it in how to dodge attacks helped it to rebound after it took that Flamethrower attack. It just hopped over Magmar, using Magmar itself as leverage and spun around and gave it a good Rock Throw attack. I have to wonder, though, if Magmar actually fainted because of the attack itself, or if there was also some element of it being shocked over the fact that Rockruff was able to successfully knock it down for once.

Am glad that Ash was able to catch rock puppy and have it on his team now. I really hope, though, that it evolves into Midday form. This is a complete bias on my part. I just don't like zombie dog at all, and I just can't see Ash having zombie dog on his team. I guess we'll see, though, how that all turns out.

Easily my favorite episode of Sun and Moon so far. A Pokemon fight club!?! I've been them to do this for years! The fact that it was the ridiculously adorable Rockruff sneaking out to it just makes it all the more awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom