• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM017: Alola Detective Rotom! The Mystery of the Missing Crystal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by that?
Ummm...Iris is (excluding Serena) the only girl who did not make a cameo in the generation following her debut. In a similar vein, Mallow is the only Alolan protagonist without a feature episode of her own. Both these scenarios pain me though, as both of them are amongst my favorite characters on the show. (y)(y):);)

Here are some new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated. There are also some new images of the episode.

vNceD5A.png

Rotom is crazy about crime shows! Come on, solve Ash's problems with your brilliant deduction!!

It takes its cues from the famous crime show "Alola Detective Raki"...

We have a case! Ash's Z-Crystal has disappeared?!

Rotom transforms into a detective! It has a cool hairstyle too, of course!

This is... AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Rotom looks funny and cool at the same time. XD Poor Ash, we haven't seen him this sad in a long time.

That guy looks like a surfer, not detective.
I first read that as "That gay" and now I'm just imagining that the detective is gay, not that there's nothing wrong with that.
Lol Rotom looks funny and cool at the same time. XD Poor Ash, we haven't seen him this sad in a long time.
That is "Pikachu with a broken bottle of ketchup sad". Either he really doesn't like the idea of Rotom cosplaying, or he really misses his Electrium-Z. I don't think he was this sad when he lost his badges in Johto or Hoenn, but he might've, I don't completely remember those episodes.

That is "Pikachu with a broken bottle of ketchup sad". Either he really doesn't like the idea of Rotom cosplaying, or he really misses his Electrium-Z. I don't think he was this sad when he lost his badges in Johto or Hoenn, but he might've, I don't completely remember those episodes.
I think he's sad because he messing the Electrium-Z because he worked hard on getting it and the first one shattered. The last time that Ash was sad is when Latios died in the 5 movie, and was crying when Celebi died in the 4 movie. I haven't watch those two episodes/don't remember them, but I'm sure that he was frantic at the time when it happened.

New summaries translated by Dephender:
One day, when Satoshi arrives at the Pokémon School, he notices that his precious item "Electric-Z" that he received from Kapu-Kokeko has gone missing, and panics. He has no idea what to do, but Rotom says it will search for it. Rotom has been crazy about crime shows lately, and says it wants to solve a mystery just like a detective does, then immediately starts its investigation.

----

When Satoshi arrives at the Pokémon School, he notices that the Electric-Z he received from Kapu-Kokeko has gone missing. But then Rotom, who looks up to the detectives in crime shows, proposes that it will search for it...

The teacher moved it into a cupboard to make shelf space.
Twirl my moustaches and call me Poirot.

The teacher moved it into a cupboard to make shelf space.
Twirl my moustaches and call me Poirot.
Dephender said:
So hey...
Pokémon
These Pokémon drill holes in trees and store food in the holes. They also like small, glittering objects and will tuck them away in their food stores, too. It’s often said, "Something lost, something missed, check inside the Pikipek nest."
Calling this as the solution to the mystery.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rockruff: Megumi Hayashibara

Turtonator: Kenta Miyake

Bounsweet: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash's precious Electrium-Z is gone! Detective Rotom goes into action for the distressed Ash's sake! Will Rotom manage to find the lost Electrium-Z with Pikachu's help?!

One day at the Pokémon School, Ash realizes something terrible! Believe it or not, the precious Electrium-Z he received from Tapu Koko has disappeared. Ash panics, but Rotom decides to search for the Electrium-Z for him. The truth is, Rotom is a huge fan of a crime show that's been all the rage in the Alola region lately. It says it wants to solve a mystery just like the protagonist in that show does. Rotom immediately sets out to search for the Electrium-Z, but...?

Is Rotom stuck inside the Pokédex?
I don't think so. A Pokedex, like a washing machine or a lawn mower, is just another object it can possess, so if it can leave other appliances, I think it can leave the Pokedex.

Don't know about everyone else but I'm glad that we don't have Team Rocket appearing in every episode, makes a nice break
Once upon a time I would have agreed, but with Bewear and their current Pokemon, I like it when they appear. Also, since Rotom Pokedex isn't listed, which is a mistake, once it's updated, Team Rocket could be added to it.

Don't know about everyone else but I'm glad that we don't have Team Rocket appearing in every episode, makes a nice break
VA list is incomplete according to Dephender/Adamant:
Dephender said:
Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Unsho Ishizuka: Principal Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Iwanko
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chika Fujimura: Amakaji
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames

The voice cast is definitely incomplete this week, note the absence of Daisuke Namikawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom