• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM018: Really!? Mao's Great Cooking Operation!

Let me just get this out of the way... YES! THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED THE PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION OF A POKEMON EVOLVING! THIS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING! ...I'm done.

Let me just get this out of the way... WE ACTUALLY SAW THE PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION OF A POKEMON EVOLVING! :D
Plus, the ending theme was changed to include Mallow's Stennie. I wonder if they bother to upgrade the Opening theme next week.

Great that Mallow got an episode to herself, I was honestly worrying she would only be in the series for eye candy. Tapu Koko's back next week.

Kojiro: "KAWAII!" Amamaiko is officially confirmed as cute.
I'm confused with Mokuroh and Amamaiko. What kind of desire is this? Is it hunger or lust?
Let me just get this out of the way... YES! THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED THE PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION OF A POKEMON EVOLVING! THIS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING! ...I'm done.
All XY evolutions actually showed their physical transformations.

Kojiro: "KAWAII!" Amamaiko is officially confirmed as cute.
I'm confused with Mokuroh and Amamaiko. What kind of desire is this? Is it hunger or lust?

All XY evolutions actually showed their physical transformations.
But in xy they transformed into blue matter and here they just transform

Oh, the Sailor Moon/Magical Girl references this episode shall inspire!:ROFLMAO:

*Waits patiently hoping for a Koiking evolution*
And feebas and alolan exgecutor

Those would both be wastes. We need to see a Cubone evolving into a Marowak in this new animation. That's where it would truly shine. Seriously though, what about a Gloom evolving into a Bellossom, since Bellossom is smaller.

I love that they took the evolution sequence from XY a bit further. I got quite a shock when I saw Bounsweet shriveled up like a raisin, and once again top notch funny faces from TR. I took quite a bit of pleasue from seeing Steenee slapping them around,

This was such a pleasant surprise. One step (no pun intended) closer to becoming a Tsareena!!

So Bounsweet evolved...?

I need to watch that episode. First evolution of the season.

Edit: I say that this episode was great, but not as good as the previous few. It was nice seeing Bounsweet evolve into Steenee, and it was nice how TR got kinda rekt by Steenee. However, it lacked the intense slapstick comedy from the previous 2 episodes, which TBH grew on me over the course of the season. Also, TR didn't blast off like in the trio episode, thus confirming that the Bewear gag is here to stay. Also, I feel like there could have been a better storyline using Bounsweet's sweet scent. Using it to attract only one Oricorio (plus many other Pokes, but that ain't count), then finding this hidden area where many Oricorio roost is, well, kinda a depressing use of sweet scent. Should have a bit more action, imo.

Overall, still a good episode. Loved how everyone had their brains fried near the start of the episode.
DP44.jpg

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, Mokuroh evolution confurrrrrmed. (I'm gonna miss Amakaji though...)

Speaking of whom, OMG we got to visit the ugly duckling's family again! SM just feels so complete as a story.

In Rocket Corner, base completed yay! I've noticed though recently that in periods where I have to wait >7 days for my next Rocket hit, I start to get a little tetchy. I don't know that today's Rocket offering will be enough to see me through a (minimum) 3 week wait. Do their exist some kind of rehab options for people like me?

:D they used that M18 remix of that old Kanto track!!!! First time i've noticed it, anyways

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom