• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM019: Intense Electrifying Training! Rematch with Kapu-Kokeko!!

Finally got around to watching this episode. I liked it more than I thought I would! I actually don't mind Sophocles as a character. He's definitely not as impactful as the other classmates, but with their roles so far, I think that's okay. He at least doesn't get on my nerves, which is a good thing! He also has a lovely house and I enjoyed meeting his parents (seriously, the focus on the classmates' families has been such a treat in SM!) I also liked him having his own laboratory and bonding with Rotomdex over their love of data. The humanization of Rotomdex is awesome.

I spaced out a bit during the battle with Tapu Koko (which I do with most battles so that's not to say the battle was bad or anything...though I suppose if I had to evaluate the battle it was just okay.) I thought it was interesting to have a portion of the school watching and that their character designs all varied. I liked that.

Didn't need to see the whole "Pikachu goes flying and Ash jumps to save him!" bit again. It really becomes less and less impactful the more they include that and try to kick up a big deal around it. It's just too melodramatic for my liking.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom