• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM020: Satoshi and Pikachu, the Promise between Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now you're just being absolutely stupid. I never said they "changed their mind". I said that before there was any evidence that Tapu Lele would be the said light in the sky, that there was nothing to stop speculation that it could have been Ho-oh. So to say that there was no point in speculating, because it was always obvious that it was never going to be Ho-oh before the preview aired is false and that's all there is to it.
But you're just putting words in my mouth. I never said speculating was pointless because it was obvious that it wasn't Ho-Oh. In fact, I was confident in that it was going to be Ho-Oh too, before the preview with Tapu Lele came out. Also, when I talked about the writers "changing their mind", I was just trying to explain myself, it's not that I thought you were saying that, so let's forget about that and I'll try to clarify again back from zero.

The reason I worded it as "was not going to be" is because, despite what the summaries said and what we thought as viewers, the Ho-Oh-less episode itself was pretty much already completed at that point. "The shining Pokémon wasn't going to be Ho-Oh", "it wasn't going to be Ho-Oh in the end", "it wasn't going to be unveiled as Ho-Oh"... I don't know how else I can explain why I worded it like that. Back when the summaries came out and we were thinking it was going to be Ho-Oh, Tapu Lele was likely already written into the episode, not Ho-Oh. The Pokémon featured in the episode was not Ho-Oh at that point, and it probably never was; because even if we, the audience, could not tell for sure wether it was Ho-Oh or not, the episode was already made, stored in TV Tokyo's archives, ready to air in the future, with no Ho-Oh in it.

As for the "of course" part, I wasn't trying to imply it was obvious that it wasn't Ho-Oh. I said it because, in retrospect, since when had the writers even cared about continuity anyway. I felt naïve for taking Ho-Oh's appearence for granted due to a misleading sumarry, considering the writers haven't cared about that stuff for so long. Again, it was totally logical to think the aftermentioned "shining Pokémon" was Ho-Oh, but it was also totally predictable for the writers to not do that.

But you're just putting words in my mouth. I never said speculating was pointless because it was obvious that it wasn't Ho-Oh. In fact, I was confident in that it was going to be Ho-Oh too, before the preview with Tapu Lele came out. Also, when I talked about the writers "changing their mind", I was just trying to explain myself, it's not that I thought you were saying that, so let's forget about that and I'll try to clarify again back from zero.

The reason I worded it as "was not going to be" is because, despite what the summaries said and what we thought as viewers, the Ho-Oh-less episode itself was pretty much already completed at that point. "The shining Pokémon wasn't going to be Ho-Oh", "it wasn't going to be Ho-Oh in the end", "it wasn't going to be unveiled as Ho-Oh"... I don't know how else I can explain why I worded it like that. Back when the summaries came out and we were thinking it was going to be Ho-Oh, Tapu Lele was likely already written into the episode, not Ho-Oh. The Pokémon featured in the episode was not Ho-Oh at that point, and it probably never was; because even if we, the audience, could not tell for sure wether it was Ho-Oh or not, the episode was already made, stored in TV Tokyo's archives, ready to air in the future, with no Ho-Oh in it.

As for the "of course" part, I wasn't trying to imply it was obvious that it wasn't Ho-Oh. I said it because, in retrospect, since when had the writers even cared about continuity anyway. I felt naïve for taking Ho-Oh's appearence for granted due to a misleading sumarry, considering the writers haven't cared about that stuff for so long. Again, it was totally logical to think the aftermentioned "shining Pokémon" was Ho-Oh, but it was also totally predictable for the writers to not do that.
Yes, of course it was always going to be Talu Lele, unless a writer or writers changed their mind whilst writing the episode. All I'm saying is that before there was any evidence, people were allowed to speculate that it could have been any number of things. It was neber going to be Ho-Oh, but we weren't to know that before SM019 finished airing.

So now we know the voice cast the question remains for Team Rocket. Will they be ruining Ash and Pikachu's time together or will they just skip along to the next episode?

Was Misty's voice actor listed for her appearance in the flashback during that Charizard BW episode? If she was, this confirms that if there are any flashbacks either a) no older characters will appear or b) if they do they're nonspeaking. Or it confirms that there aren't any flashbacks at all (which at this point seems most likely imo).

Was Misty's voice actor listed for her appearance in the flashback during that Charizard BW episode? If she was, this confirms that if there are any flashbacks either a) no older characters will appear or b) if they do they're nonspeaking. Or it confirms that there aren't any flashbacks at all (which at this point seems most likely imo).
From a post on February 27 said:
VA taking roles in the episode:
Rica Matsumoto, Ikue Ohtani, Aoi Yuki, Minami Tsuda, Mamoru Miyano, Mayumi Iizuka, Yuji Ueda, Hiroshi Kiyama, New VA, Wasabi Mizuta(most likely = Pignite), Misato Fukuen (most likely = Oshawott or ), Megumi Hayashibara (NOT Jessie, possibly Snivy or Joy's Audino), Shin'ichiro Miki Not James, Ash's Charizard and possibly Crustle), Kiyotaka Furushima (most possible_ Excadrill), Mika Kanai (possible role = Iris' Emolga), Kensuke Sato (confirmed to do Iris' Dragonite), Rikako Aikawa (???), Hiroshi Otake, Katsuyushi Konishi, Satomi Korogi, Chika Fujimura (possible roles = Unova Joy and Ciloan's Pansage), Yuriko Yamaguchi (Japan's based region's Joy), Hikaru Midorikawa, Houchu Otsuka, New VA's , Insho Ishizuka (at least Narration (specially listed ana Oak).
PREVIEW: - BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Her voice actress is listed for that episode, her name is in bold. I don't think that she talked since Misty appeared in flashbacks.

Anyways, back on topic of this episode (The one going to air soon, not the one in 2013).

wait, people thought this episode was going to show flashbacks?

Considering it's being labelled as a "20th anniversary special" it wasn't unreasonable to think there might be some. It looks rather unlikely at this point, but not completely out of the question.

Yeah, the only companion that could have flashbacks with dialogue is Brock.

I would be satisfied with just some small remarks about how Ash feels about his very long journey and the promises he has made during the course of it.

Well Iris appeared in SS037 during a small flashback, so if Misty appears in a flashback, she doesn't necessarily have to speak.

Yet 22 minutes of Ash & Pikachu dicking around describes a good percentage of this saga, so...:cautious:

But usually there's some plot that plays against. If the "plot" *is* them just dicking around then.....oof

When this thread was opened I really expected a Houou appearance here. However seeing the last trailer from the Pokemon channel, I see Kapu Tetefu. Oh my god!

Here are some new bits of information on the episode, which Dephender translated. There are also new images of the episode.

Fhkl5sR.png

Ash and Pikachu decide to go to a place called "Treasure Island" that's said to be nearby. There, they meet a mysterious, shining Pokémon!!
Relating to the top image: This is an episode where Ash and Pikachu go on an expedition to an island.
Relating to the bottom left images: Fun moments at the island! There were lots of Cutiefly at the island!!
Relating to the bottom right images: The Exgeggutor got angry?! The Exeguttor with Alolan Forms are angry?! That's super scary!!

I wonder what Ash do that made the Alolan Exeguttor angry.

I wonder what Ash do that made the Alolan Exeguttor angry.
He and Pikachu probably drank from water from their river, which they don't like other people and Pokemon drinking from or maybe they don't like them being near where they live.

He and Pikachu probably drank from water from their river, which they don't like other people and Pokemon drinking from or maybe they don't like them being near where they live.
I'm just wondering if they are actually that huge or if this is just a "My head is big because I am angry" visual gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom