• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM021: Nyabby, Time to Begin the Journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I certainly don't want stoutland to die, I do like that even with the seemingly more slice of life aspect, they aren't pulling punches they've been willing to throw in the past. Episodes that actually effect your emotions are what give a show depth and you always remember the ones that tug at your heart stings. Bye-Bye Butterfree, Charizard's Burning Ambitions, A poached Ego or Crossing Paths, anyone?
(Not even going to count Pikachu's goodbye, that episode had me messed UP.)

I agree that Litten wouldn't just leave it with a caretaker just because it wants to join Ash. If they go that route, instead of the more soul crushing one, I assume it will be determined stoutland needs treated medically daily. Something Litten couldn't do for it. Leaving it for Kukui to take care of it at his place... Which is where Ash lives anyway, so they'd still be together.

Stoutland and Litten living with Kukui and Ash would be pretty adorable. I don't expect Ash to actually leave the house, at least not anytime soon. He can just fly back and forth between the islands.

Here's what I think this episode would end out. Either
1. Stoutland dies (we had death before in the anime, uncensored (Lysandre)) and Litten either joins Ash or sets on its own journey
2. Stoutland survives, lives with Kukui, and Litten either joins Ash or stays with Kukui to be with Stoutland

I feel like it's kinda inevitable Ash would get Litten, though I still prefer Ash getting 1 starter per region, it would be a good addition to the team, if Rowlet never fully evolves.

Who knows, I kinda feel like it will be similar to DP, Rowlet joined Ash willingly like Turtwig after being told to by someone in the episode, only difference is that the latter wanted to battle Ash before he got caught, and like Chimchar but differently, Ash bonded with Litten for helping him take care of Stoutland and eventually will decide to travel with Ash to become stronger, just like Chimchar

Yep, this episode and the previous one are both real.

best birthday ever!!! i born in april 6 and this is 2 episodes in my birthday

Dephender said:
SM21: It is Time for Nyabby to Set Off!

The Nyabby Satoshi has met before asks him for help. It appears the "Big-Hearted Pokémon" Mooland that lives with it has grown weaker.
As Satoshi is in the city doing some shopping, he spots the Nyabby he has has met before. He goes to Nyabby's home, where the old Mooland that guides Nyabby in life is. And after a while, Nyabby incredibly enough asks Satoshi for help. It appears that Mooland is extremely ill, and as Satoshi hears Nyabby tell him this, he...
Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
April 6th: SM20&21 1 Hour Special

Mooland!!! :cry: This is going to be my saddest birthday ever, isn't it?
Well, if Stoutland dies, sure, but if you like the idea of Ash getting Litten, maybe both things will balance each other out? Or maybe, despite Stoutland's age and health, he can be cured of its health and live with Professor Kukui or someone else and Ash can also catch Litten.

wow i also born in april 6 and please be a happy birthday to both of us
My birthday is not April 6th (though I kinda wish it was because 6 is an awesome number), but thank you and many future happy returns to you too.
Well, if Stoutland dies, sure, but if you like the idea of Ash getting Litten, maybe both things will balance each other out?
PK, read this statement again and have a think about what someone might find objectionable about it.
(Hint: it might be related to drawing an equivalence between getting a pokemon and someone dying.)
(But yes I do want him to get Nyabby...)

PK, read this statement again and have a think about what someone might find objectionable about it.
(Hint: it might be related to drawing an equivalence between getting a pokemon and someone dying.)
(But yes I do want him to get Nyabby...)
But it's just a cartoon equivalent of an animal. Sure, Stoutland could die, but from a viewers standpoint and not treating what happens as real, then it's not really all that important. Plus, we've hardly seen Stoutland, so there's no real attachment there. Catching a Pokémon and one dying from a viewers standpoint, to me at least, is the same thing. Hell, if I knew someone when I was in school, but not personally for years and that person died, I wouldn't be upset. If I knew Stoutland for longer and cared for it more, then maybe I'd care more about it dying, if it does.

Maybe I'm just weird for not being a fan of the permanent loss of life that is death.

I'm gonna go with the more positive route of hoping Stoutland and Litten end up at Professor Kukui's. If this is the case, I'm thinking Litten wouldn't jump on Ash's team straight away but would eventually join out of both intrigue and reassurance that Stoutland will be okay in their new home.
But then, I wonder if that would just be postponing the inevitable. I guess I could be sastified if Stoutland lives long enough to see Litten evolve a time or two. :(

Of course death isn't a good thing, but I'm not going to be all that upset if it's someone I hardly know. Maybe that's just me. Stoutland has probably had a good long life, maybe it's even protected Litten in a situation or two before, so it's life has probably meant something to others. Pokemon die in the anime, it's a part of life. We've seen Lucario "die" in M08 and I think we saw Latios die in M05. They were upsetting if I were to treat those deaths as real, but other than that, they're deaths and existence weren't real.

It's obvious from the summary that Satoshi will save Mooland's life.

Of course death isn't a good thing, but I'm not going to be all that upset if it's someone I hardly know. Maybe that's just me. Stoutland has probably had a good long life, maybe it's even protected Litten in a situation or two before, so it's life has probably meant something to others. Pokemon die in the anime, it's a part of life. We've seen Lucario "die" in M08 and I think we saw Latios die in M05. They were upsetting if I were to treat those deaths as real, but other than that, they're deaths and existence weren't real.

Well, Stoutland was sort of parent-equivalent to Litten, I don't see how the kitty will just shrug this off and join Ash, 'balancing' things.
These things... just don't balance out.
When Litten had the dream about stoutland dying, I just go at shivers down my spine. Litten and Stoutland's relationship has quite an emotional edge to it, and tries to attach to the viewers, so it isn't definitely negiligible.

Well, Stoutland was sort of parent-equivalent to Litten, I don't see how the kitty will just shrug this off and join Ash, 'balancing' things.
These things... just don't balance out.
When Litten had the dream about stoutland dying, I just go at shivers down my spine. Litten and Stoutland's relationship has quite an emotional edge to it, and tries to attach to the viewers, so it isn't definitely negiligible.
I'm not saying both events would balance each other out in the story, but maybe to the viewers. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not too interested in Stoutland and Litten. If I heard more about their story from Litten itself, then maybe, but right now, there isn't much to go on, other than some nightmare that Litten had.

I don't care if Mooland dies personally. But I don't want Nyabby to be caught in this episode.

If Mooland is healed, why would Nyabby go with Satoshi? Surely it would stay with Mooland.

If Mooland isn't healed, than personally I think it would make more sense for Nyabby to either blame Satoshi or still not fully trust him.

Don't get me wrong I want Nyabby to be caught. But I'm enjoying the storyline so far and don't want it to end yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom