• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM023: Shocking! Dugtrio Split Up!?

Loved it. The fact that Leo was a souped up ex-nerd friend of Kukui just made it for me. Really hope DigDugLeo make a reappearance!

Also Kaki might be my new fave non-companion.

Unexpectedly awesome things:
- Some familiar looking wigs at TRio's stall (whichever universe they're from they haven't forgotten what Takeshi or Haruka's hair looks like)
- Nyasu rapping... almost felt like watching a little bit of the radio show on tv!
- Suiren and her sisters appeared in the post credits dancing to a broadcast of the concert on tv (and they were wearing the wigs!)

Loved it. The fact that Leo was a souped up ex-nerd friend of Kukui just made it for me. Really hope DigDugLeo make a reappearance!

Also Kaki might be my new fave non-companion.

Unexpectedly awesome things:
- Some familiar looking wigs at TRio's stall (whichever universe they're from they haven't forgotten what Takeshi or Haruka's hair looks like)
- Nyasu rapping... almost felt like watching a little bit of the radio show on tv!
- Suiren and her sisters appeared in the post credits dancing to a broadcast of the concert on tv (and they were wearing the wigs!)

Lana's a secret fan, otherwise, why else didn't she attend the concert?

Lana's a secret fan, otherwise, why else didn't she attend the concert?
Unfortunately, this post-credits scene will be omitted in the dub version. I'm sure they won't air it. IO guess Lillie didn't appear in this episode at all, which is odd. Would their cameo appearance be included in the page?

Last edited:
I can't imagine that this band would be up Lillie's street - they're pretty low brow musically speaking...

This tiny May's/Haruka's reference is great ! Almost 10 years after her last apperance in the show they didn't forget about her, I'm now pretty confident that we'll see a Iris/Serena refrence one day even if it's not in this saga. (even if the sunglasses next to May's wig could look a bit like Serena's Pancham glasses I guess, I don't get why it was deleted from the Trivia in the SM023 episode page)
Btw , another filler which showed again that Kiawe/Kaki is the best character of S&M imo.

Last edited:
Couple of other suprising/joyous things:
Musashi for the first time actually commanded a specific attack of Mimikyu AND Mimikyu later attacked a pokemon other than Pikachu under her direction AND they had a little hug.

Also
C92W5LWUMAAROoI.jpg

Couple of other suprising/joyous things:
Musashi for the first time actually commanded a specific attack of Mimikyu AND Mimikyu later attacked a pokemon other than Pikachu under her direction AND they had a little hug.

Also
C92W5LWUMAAROoI.jpg
Jessie commanded Mimikyu to use Shadow Ball in SM005, but yeah, I think this is the first time that it actively went to attack another Pokemon.

I'm not sure what to make of all this tiny nods.
May's wig, Brock's, those glasses there look like Panchams?

fun episode anyway, it was hilarious

Last edited:
Hmm.where do I begin? Honestly, this episode bored me to tears.

And speaking of tears, why did it seem like every 5 minutes someone was crying? Basically everytime they showed kiawe he had tears in his eyes for some reason, what was that about? The subs weren't out yet so I had no idea what was going on with him. But it made him look like a wimp. Also, the news reporter was crying.

Also, why did the alolan dugtrio go with team rocket?

And once again, the other characters contributing absolutely NOTHING to the plot. They were literally there for half the episode, said a few lines, then vanished until the very end. Honestly, why did they even have their voice actors come to the studio for this episode again?

And that freakin bewear gag....at first it was funny but it's quickly becoming tiresome and annoying. Everytime I see it i'm just like "Umm...okay?".

But now some good things about the episode.

I did like how that alolan diglett was following the dugtrio around like it was it's #1 fan. I thought that was pretty cute.

I also like the little wigs everyone had

All in all, this episode is tied with episode 6 for worst of the series for me.

Sorry to bring the positive vibe of this thread down, but it's just how I feel.

The title was a bait-and-switch. I thought the dugtrio was going to seperate into digletts and the gang was going to have to find them, and put them back together to form dugtrio again. But instead, it was just a 22 minute snooze fest.

So either May pursued her dreams and has become a famous and popular coordinator, with stores selling wigs of her hair (similar to Raki) or if this whole new timeline thing is true, Ash potentially never met May and she is just a famous Trainer/coordinator regardless of anything.... Anyway those are just headcanons and it's just a cool and unexpected nod.

The episode looks funny enough, I like that they made DJ Leo a nerdy childhood friend of Kukui.

So either May pursued her dreams and has become a famous and popular coordinator, with stores selling wigs of her hair (similar to Raki) or if this whole new timeline thing is true, Ash potentially never met May and she is just a famous Trainer/coordinator regardless of anything.... Anyway those are just headcanons and it's just a cool and unexpected nod.

The episode looks funny enough, I like that they made DJ Leo a nerdy childhood friend of Kukui.

....Is Ash jumping timelines a theory now?

Girls may like it, but I don't

Don't worry. I'm a girl, and even I find that ridiculous.

I mean, it's somewhat funny and maybe even cute if done once in a while, but I feel like they are overdoing with that gag a bit too much.

I can barely take Kiawe seriously anymore due to that gag, and he was one of the few characters I genuinely liked. Now they are ruining even him with the surplus of humor.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom