• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: SM026: Farewell, Mamane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not-well known member.
Reaction score
That would save this episode. And they could replace him with Gladio!
Wait, who's Gladio? I'm not sure how I would feel about Sophocles getting replaced by a character I've never heard of? No, but seriously, Sophocles's parents could leave him in Alola, like Delia did with Ash, or they could just change their minds in the end.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Wait, who's Gladio? I'm not sure how I would feel about Sophocles getting replaced by a character I've never heard of? No, but seriously, Sophocles's parents could leave him in Alola, like Delia did with Ash, or they could just change their minds in the end.
I guess they mean 'Gladion'.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
I thought the joke was implied with the "But seriously" part. I thought it was a misspelling of the English name, so I went with a little joke. I didn't think it would cause this much confusion.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
I think that there's a big misunderstanding and no one's moving, Sophocles only got worried over it.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Using japanese names is a serious issue between Playerking and me, and apparently he wants to be passive agressive about it.
Serious issue? That's not true, I couldn't care less about that, it's been settled. Maybe you still think about it, but I've moved on. I was making a joke, so please get over it. I doubt you have never made a similar joke.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Serious issue? That's not true, I couldn't care less about that, it's been settled. Maybe you still think about it, but I've moved on. I was making a joke, so please get over it. I doubt you have never made a similar joke.
Sorry but you're the one who bring up japanese names issue here.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Sorry but you're the one who bring up japanese names issue here.
No, I didn't. As I've said, I didn't know you were referring to the Japanese name, but that you made a misspelling of his English name.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
No, I didn't. As I've said, I didn't know you were referring to the Japanese name, but that you made a misspelling of his English name.
Huh? Didn't you changed Gladio from Adamant's translation into Gladion?

Reaction score
Alright guy/girls....let's calm down now. Don't get your blood pressure up over whatever this argument is about( honestly, I wasn't paying attention) stop replying to each other and the argument will go away.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Huh? Didn't you changed Gladio from Adamant's translation into Gladion?
Yes, but that's what I usually do, because people are more likely to know who the characters are by their english names.

Prepare for over-used stock animation!
Reaction score
I can't wait for the tearful goodbye scene where Mallow confesses her undying love for Sophocles.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Yes, I'm a bit surprised they put a picture of that episode up so early, but I'm happy about it nonetheless.

Reaction score
Using japanese names is a serious issue between Playerking and me, and apparently he wants to be passive agressive about it.
Who cares? This franchise is made up of various languages with various names for each Pokemon and character. These are also the Japanese episodes people are previewing and reviewing here. It's one thing to complain about this in a dub discussion, but absurd to complain in a thread about the Japanese version. I do prefer the English names in some cases while I prefer the Japanese names in others, and I sometimes flip flop with Ash/Satoshi depending on my mood, but if I don't recognize a Japanese Pokemon name it's not hard to do a quick search on Bulbapedia that automatically links you to the correct Pokemon.

Uh, wasn't going to comment on having any interest in this episode since I personally can't stand Sophocles and find him boring. Of course each character has their fans so good luck to those who like him. Me personally, I don't care if he stays or leaves because I'll be skipping most of his episodes unless something actually relevant to the story happens.

Dragon Master
Reaction score
Maybe this is the start of how Sophocles, Kiawe, Lana and Mallow leave/graduate the Pokemon School and get their title of Trial Captains. Then Ash and Lillie travel together (maybe along with Hau) to finally start the real Island Challenge.

Or maybe it's just a trick as many other japanese titles, whose episode end up with no major events.

Status
Not open for further replies.