• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM026: Farewell, Mamane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophocles' only charming trait is that he is portrayed as an actual ten-year-old kid. He has a cute voice (it's adorable when he says "Alola!") and he is afraid of the dark. That sadly isn't enough to make his character interesting. He is the most useless of the classmates and I still don't know why he was cast. It doesn't help that 24 episodes ago we were seeing Clemont. Plus the episodes focusing on Sophocles aren't really focused on him, like that one in which Ash went visiting his parents and the most talked about moment was Ash's battle with Tapu Koko.

I honestly wouldn't mind if he left for good. I know this title was chosen just to draw attention for a thing that will only happen three years from now, and I think this episode will do for Sophocles something which other episodes have already done, i.e. show him behaving like a kid. Maybe he will even cry thinking about his friends (and this will only make him look even more childish considering males are rarely allowed to cry on the show).

Sophocles really needs an episode in which he can show his skills or how useful he can be. From the moment when he challenged Ash to a balloon-popping contest I knew I shouldn't expect great things from him, but I was expecting something and thus far the writers gave us nothing. Sophocles isn't the smartest (Lillie) or the most serious and responsible (Kiawe), he is just a little child and while I find that to be charming, he needs to contribute to this saga's story in a meaningful way.

And to be fair, another thing in his favor is that he has one of the better voices in the (English) dub. He has a voice that suits him better than all three girls! :eek:

New Summary!
Adamant said:
One day, Satoshi's classmate Māmane ends up hearing that his parents are seeking advice about moving. And from that point on, despite his attempts to stay strong, the thought of parting with his friends at the Pokémon School pains him so much he even starts performing badly in class.
May 11th: SM26 - Farewell, Māmane! - Page 15

I wonder if they're just planning to move after he's done with the school, like how some parents move when their kids are settled at uni/college.

Considering how time does not exist in this franchise even if they move in 6 months Ash will probably be through five other regions by that point

Are they talking about moving to another region or island? Because the latter is what the entire school should be doing...

I'm interested to know what "performing badly in class" entails given that we haven't seen them actually do much class work.

Not to mention how Ash didn't even get slap on the wrist for cheating in SM24. It's like it's impossible to fail at this school (Usagi and Ichigo would be so proud)

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rowlet: Megumi Hayashibara

Litten: Chinami Nishimura

Turtonator: Kenta Miyake

Steenee: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Hoshi: Ayano Shibuya

Sophocles's father: Yūji Ueda

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Sophocles is moving?! Ash and his friends decide to throw a farewell party for him. Sophocles is touched by the kindness of his friends at the Pokémon School, but then things take a shocking turn...?!

Sophocles ends up hearing that his parents are seeking advice about moving. Moving means he'll have to part ways with everyone at the Pokémon School! This makes him thoroughly depressed. But meanwhile, Ash and the others hear that he's moving and decide to throw him a farewell party.

Looks like Kiawe's little sister is going to appear here once again, maybe for the farewell party? And no sign of Team Rocket here... Are they going to be absent in some episodes or what? It's too early to get rid of Sophocles yet, I'm gonna miss that fat boy and his Togedemaru. I don't mind if Gladion will be a new classmate of the Pokemon school, heck no. This must be a big misunderstanding about that moving out topic.

I wonder if they invited Hoshi for the farewell party or something else? Regardless, it'll be nice to see her again.

It still seems most likely to me that Sophocles won't be moving in the end. The "things take a shocking turn" line make it seem like it's almost definitely going to be a misunderstanding.

Yep hes not leaving I bet on it, personally I never thought he would leave but with how he finds out about the moving, its lack of info in Pokefan, and now this summary I'm absolutely certain he won't leave.

Last edited:
The VA list.
Looks like Kiawe's little sister is going to appear here once again, maybe for the farewell party? And no sign of Team Rocket here... Are they going to be absent in some episodes or what?
Rotomdex's VA is still missing. SM VA lists are full of errors. So, we can't really trust these lists anymore. (n)

No but when Hayashibara and Ueda are listed as other characters, I think we can be pretty certain that they won't be appearing in the episode as Musashi and Sonansu. (I will concede on this point if and when it is proven wrong. It hasn't yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom