• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM026: Farewell, Mamane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean hey I was so, completely wrong about M20 that I have no credibility whatsoever

I'm sitting here waiting for a summary for the episode so we have more ideas on what it's about.

Chances are they're just trolling us again, but I wouldn't mind. The little fatty has to be THE Most Useless companion ever (which is saying something)...

Though yeah, they've never had a companion leave during the middle of a saga, and there's not much point in starting now. (Even if it would be interesting and this saga is overcrowded)

Last edited:
Oh but it does make sense. He is useless and will not be missed

Okay, that's your opinion. But I like Sophocles and I enjoy him being a part of the cast. And no, it doesn't make sense when Molayne hasn't even been mentioned yet. Perhaps this will be our introduction to him.

Okay, after this episode it really is time to ramp it up.

You can't give people 5 months of slice of life and expect them to stick around. Especially after 20 years of an old formula that they're used too.

Show us hau, akala island, ulu'ula island etc, maybe even throw in a battle royale there somewhere I don't care.

Sun&Moon is part of a world-exploring franchise, but it forgot to explore it's world.

We haven't seen the other islands, lillie hasn't gotten her bag...let's go already!

After last weeks terrible episode, I am to ready to explore the other islands

Chances are they're just trolling us again, but I wouldn't mind. The little fatty has to be THE Most Useless companion ever (which is saying something)...

Though yeah, they've never had a companion leave during the middle of a saga, and there's lnot much in starting now. (Even if it would be interesting and this saga is overcrowded)

There is always a first time, and this could be the first time.

If all, that would make things more tolerable interesting and unpredictable, and the other characters could get some more breathing room for some more development.

Here are two summaries of the episode.

521g9TH.png
IOlOd13.png

From the first image.

What do they do to cheer him up?
Sophocles hears that his parents are seeking advice about moving. Parting with his friends at the Pokémon School is tough, and Sophocles gets so depressed he even starts performing badly in class. Ash and the other worry about him and decide to...

From the second image.

After having heard that his parents are seeking advice about moving, Sophocles even starts performing badly in class...

Yep, I think it makes it well and truly clear that this is another classic clickbait episode...

and that means Sophocles is staying. Sorry lads, better luck next time, if there is a next time, which there won't be a next time.

Yep, Sophocles is staying. Nothing surprising here.

I still hope that they will expand on his character, though. Just give me some good reason of actually being interested in him.

Heck, having him dealing with moving away would have actually been beneficial for his character. I bet many people who had to move away would have actually related with him and understood the implications of being separated from his friends. It actually could have worked well as a plot and have some meaningful impact.

Alas. I guess he will just continue sapping screentime from others with his blandness… like usual. Not too thrilled about that, but I hope to be proved wrong, at some point.

This sounds interesting! I was pretty positive he wouldn't actually be moving away, but the circumstances are different than what I originally thought them to be. I'm interested to see what the misunderstanding here is and what the rest of the classmates do to try and help Sophocles.

Alright, with these new summaries, I'm definitely feeling Sophocles isn't going anywhere. I figure it's either going to be a complete misunderstanding and his parents were asking about moving for some reason other than that they actually want to move, they are moving, but not far at all, or they do want to move, but Ash and the gang convince them not to.

I feel that the first 2 scenarios are the most likely, but let's see what happens. More than anything, I'm interested in the fact that Sophocles gets so worried that he actually starts under performing in school. That's certainly interesting and relatable to real life situations like these. Unfortunately I feel like it'll be played off as a joke as opposed to a serious issue. but again, let's see what happens.

Given SM's tendency towards things which are real (and come on, moving is pretty real), I actually think there's more chance that he could leave!

I honestly wouldn't mind if he graduated or dropped out. I think they took on way too many main characters at once, and he's definitely the least interesting main character we got now.

*reads summaries*

Oh -_-

*episode is almost over*
Sophocles: I thought we were moving.
Mom or Dad: Of course not! You just only heard part of the conversation and misunderstood us.
Sophocles: Yay, we're not moving after all!
Viewers: Dammit...

Also, I wonder when titles for episode 27&28 come out?

Hopefully soon. Though I am a little concerned about them taking a week or two off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom