• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM026: Farewell, Mamane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Dang, this particular preview is doing a great job at looking convincing.

I've said it before but it really shows how good this series has been at breaking the mold if so many of us are actually not sure of what's gonna happen.

It's kind of cute how in the preview (if I'm hearing it right), when thinking of reasons as to why Sophocles is acting so strange one of them just suggests "first love?" and they all reply in the dismissive, aww.

Actually, Sophocles is my favourite character in SM so i hope he won't leave.
I bet it's a misunderstanding...especially after promo, cause firstly i thought it might be his graduation.
After all, I agree with the statement in Alola we can never be sure what is going on :D

Pokenchi Preview
- Sophocles walks in on his parents discussing a move and is shocked.
- Sophocles talks to the rest of his classmates.
- Sophocles and Sophocles's Togedemaru look happy at the food that is at their party.
- Sophocles starts to cry at night time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ2DFG2wnGY

That preview was so sad. It looks like Sophocles is trying to make the most of his time with all of his friends before the "move". I feel so bad for the poor boy. :(

And yet I still don't feel like they'll actually be moving. The way Sophy's parents don't seem the least bit emotional about the situation (talking about the move as if it's no big deal, not comforting their clearly upset son) makes it seem like either they aren't really moving, or they are moving, but not far enough that it'll impede Sophy from going to the school. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. Man I have't been this hyped for an episode in weeks. I can't wait. :D

Adamant said:
Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 仲野良 (Ryo Nakano)
Animation Director 香月麻衣子 (Maiko Katsuki)
May 11th: SM26 - Farewell, Māmane! - Page 19
If this credit is really true, Yonemura is finally returned to the show and apparently replaced Omode as Mamane's writer.

First episode by Yonemura since the "Farewell , Satoshi-Gekkouga" episode (he did write the Clemont special but it's not really the main anime) now he is writing this... Hum... Is he the farewell writer now ? I get that the screenplay of the movie 20 must have taken a lot of time but still...

Though something that came to me about the situation...

If Misty can stick around through Johto, Max stick around through the Battle Frontier, Brock stick around through Sinnoh, and Clemont after the Lumiose Gym battle, then Sophocles can be around for the rest of SM. At least with him they still have a chance to turn things around.

Seems they accidentally spoiled a capture by not covering up Rotom...

C_giFIRV0AAwGKD.jpg

Perhaps Ash capturing Grubbin in the opening was foreshadowing this?

C_giFIRV0AAwGKD.jpg

As much as I would love this capture, its also possible this is another bait like the title itself?

C_giFIRV0AAwGKD.jpg

Maybe it's just a present that looks like a Charjabug, like how Rotom Pokedex showed a picture of Heliolisk in SM007, when Nurse Joy mentioned that Litten was fitted with a Heliolisk collar. I don't think Ash would give an actual Pokemon as a present, but it would be nice if it turns out to be the case. Because the question mark is just hiding the answer to a question from Oha Suta, so it's probably not meant to be hiding Sophocles getting a Charjabug.

C_giFIRV0AAwGKD.jpg

If you ask me, Sophocles in the game has actually a Charjabug's evolution form Vikavolt. I don't think Ash would probably give him an actual Pokemon as a gift like Playerking mentioned, but having only one Pokemon in the hand is kind of lonely.

Oha Suta Preview
- Sophocles starts to cry as he stands near Lana at sunset.
- Ash sits up and talks to the Rotom Pokedex.
- Ash rallies all of his Pokemon in Alola to do something.
- Pikachu, Ash's Rockurff and Ash's Litten dig a hole in the ground.
- Lana's Popplio, Lillie's Shiron and Mallow's Steenee all dance.

Also, after seeing the preview, it turns out the thing is moving, so it should be an actual Charjabug, unless it's a fantasy, but there aren't any fantasy borders, plus Ash's Pokemon go digging for something, so it seems like Ash will give Sophocles a Charjabug, as Touko first suggested. But we don't know if Sophocles will catch it, because it might run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom