• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM026: Farewell, Mamane!

The episode was entertaining, I enjoyed how it showed the interactions between Sophocles and his classmates which worked really well in showing their bond, I also liked the capture of Charjabug while it wasn't very long the battle did wonders in showing Togedemaru and Sophocles aren't useless and can actually battle, and I just love the animation that scene with the Wailord was beautiful. I do think that it does have a bad point in that the moving was only a few houses away and that kinda sapped away some of the emotion, though they did work that into a plot with Sophocles worrying has his friends would think of it. 6/10

Sophocles just caught a charjabug that ash put in a cage for him as a going away present.

It seems that vikavolt is going to be in ash's travelling party after all.

Guys, this was a really good episode whether you're a fan of sophocles or not.

The sorrow that he's going through because he has to leave his friends is legit.

That was a really good episode. Dare Da features Kiawe's Charizard even though on the page says Charizard (Poke Ride). Who knew Sophocles would move out to a few houses away? Anyway, we got a classmate capturing a new Pokemon! Finally! Let's hope Mallow will catch a Molerull in episode SM029!
Yeah, it's been added, but it was hard to catch whether or not it was Kiawe's or not when the segment goes by pretty quickly. Anyway, I'm kind of surprised they showed Ash's skeleton as Charjabug electrocuted him, but I'm glad they did. I don't think they've done that in a while, I think since BW064.

Didn't watch it thinking it was just gonna be clickbait, found out it was important, am kicking myself right now.

Saw it now, so acceptable episode.

3.5/5

Next up, our lord and savior Gladion is here, yeaaaaaaaaah! And animated by Iwane, extra yeaaaaaaaahhh!

That was a really good episode. Dare Da features Kiawe's Charizard even though on the page says Charizard (Poke Ride). Who knew Sophocles would move out to a few houses away? Anyway, we got a classmate capturing a new Pokemon! Finally! Let's hope Mallow will catch a Molerull in episode SM029!
So...he did end up moving,but just a few houses away? Hmm, I guess it wasn't clickbait after all.

Wow, guess Satoshi isn't going to catch Agojimushi after all. Nice to see the OP trolling the viewers hasn't completely gone away.
C_ifsfiWsAEZGpr.jpg

Well, i'm really glad that we're getting three non-filler episodes in a row!

The team rocket episode, this episode, and next weeks episode.

Too bad episode EP28 seems to be entirely filler.

Also, in the end did kiawe step in the way and take the electrocution for his little sister?

They seem keen on making the male figures act like gentlemen this series don't they?

Hey guys, did you notice an animation error in this episode? I did spot one and it's hoshi's pigtails. They are colored brown instead of red in one scene when she is happily holding a banquet of flowers. Her pigtails are usually red.

Also, in the end did kiawe step in the way and take the electrocution for his little sister?
Yes he did, he's protective of her.

We learned a lot about Sophocles, especially about the fact that he tends to overhear things at times, and he gets a Charjabug. Togemaru finally have someone that she can cuddle with and stick her spikes into that's not Pikachu. Did anyone feel bad for Sophocles when he has a hard time telling his friends about the real news and in his mind, they all would be upset about it.

Hey guys, did you notice an animation error in this episode? I did spot one and it's hoshi's pigtails. They are colored brown instead of red in one scene when she is happily holding a banquet of flowers. Her pigtails are usually red.
I looked at it closely, and yep that's an error.
526.jpg
Hoshi.png

Yes he did, he's protective of her.

We learned a lot about Sophocles, especially about the fact that he tends to overhear things at times, and he gets a Charjabug. Togemaru finally have someone that she can cuddle with and stick her spikes into that's not Pikachu. Did anyone feel bad for Sophocles when he has a hard time telling his friends about the real news and in his mind, they all would be upset about it.

I looked at it closely, and yep that's an error.
526.jpg
Hoshi.png

That's right. Togedemaru has a new pal to play with instead of bullying poor Pikachu.

Did anyone feel bad for Sophocles when he has a hard time telling his friends about the real news and in his mind, they all would be upset about it.
Not really. If anything, it felt manipulative. He knew about halfway through the episode that he was just moving down the street. But yet he got a free party, a free cake, and a freaking pokemon out of it!

If I was in that position, I would've told my friends it was all a just a big misunderstanding. While I was moving, it would only be down the street. Honestly, thinking that they would be upset at that is just ridiculous and there is no justifying it.

At first I actually felt sorry for the guy. But as I started figuring out more and more of what was going on, it kinda made him look like a jerk. He actually didn't even get any character development out of this episode either.

But I really liked this episode. You could actually feel the sorrow he felt before he found out he was just moving down the street. And I like all the stuff his friends did for him.

Man this was easily one of the best episodes in a while. Of course Togedemaru and Sophocles' cuteness helped out with that.:D First of all, can I just say that this episode had some seriously adorable and hilarious moments. My favorite things were Togedemaru seeing and reaching for the food in Sophocles' thoughts, Sophocles' realistic looking keyboard, Togedamaru not understanding the things Sophocles was talking about and needing visual aids from his Pikachu hologram projector, both of their adorable crying and Pikachu playing in Popplio's balloon in the background of class. This episode was a serious cuteness overload.

It was so sweet to see how much the other students cared about Sophocles. I liked how Lana was super suspicious about his behavior. But overall it was so adorable seeing how close they all are and how they wanted to do so much for him before he "moved". Kiawe taking him to the volcano and Lana taking him to see a Wailord were super cute moments :D.I especially enjoyed the latter scene since Lana and Sophocles being my favorite classmates. I also want to start shipping them now.

I have to say that Sophocles has a strange imagination. Then again, it was kind of fitting seeing him imagining Ash acting so over the top when he's been super energetic this series. :ROFLMAO: I liked that they invited Hoshi to the party as well. It's always cute to see Kiawe's big brother persona. I was surprised to see Lillie (and later Lana) crying at the party. I guess it makes sense for them to be so close seeing at they're only a small class of 6, but still. The scene with Lillie was especially touching. Finding a Charjabug for Sophocles to catch was a sweet gift from Ash as well.

I can feel Sophocles' struggles. If I told my friends I was moving only to find out later that it wouldn't be that far, I'd be nervous about telling them the truth too. Esepcially if they were throwing me a party and sharing special moments with me. Though I am kind of confused why Sophocles' parents didn't just tell him that they weren't moving that far when he first talked to them about it. I was also surprised that none of the class seemed upset at the fact that he waited so long to tell them, though. I thought at the very least that Kiawe would have been annoyed for a second. But whatever. It was cute seeing Togedemaru becoming happy and shocking everyone at the end. :p And of course I loved Rotom's photos.

Great episode for Sophy and Togedemaru. 9/10.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom