• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM027: Come Forth! The Red, Red Gaze of Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM027: Get Out! The Red Eyed Lugarugan!!
Airs: May 18
8KLCoNU.png
JQgmn4N.jpg
What is the source?

I saw the Japanese title just now. It could be that he said "出でよ" in the Japanese version of Sun/Moon, but it was changed to "Get out!" in the English version.
Um. Sorry, no. When I said that the Japanese line in the game was different, I meant it. I.e., I checked, it's not 出でよ.

He looks so good! And so edgy!

When I first saw the title I was worried Ash's Rockruff was going to evolve (yeah, I'm terrible, but I don't like Lycanroc and think Rockruff is so cute, so I'm not ready for him to evolve yet) but getting Gladion is a million times better! And look at the faces on Ash and Lillie. I don't think there's any way they "humor up" Gladion.

Ugh. I am not pleased at the fact that they gave Gladion that ugly mutant mutt AND the most overexposed eeveelution ever. Seems like they just wanted a dog form rivalry between him and Ash. Definitely not looking forward to that. I'm also surprised that he's appearing so early. We don't see him in the games until Akala (which Ash seriously needs to get to, already). I hope he does have Type:Null, but just isn't using it here. I guess they don't need to get into that until the Aether plot begins anyway. I also desperately hope he's still in alignment with Team Skull.

However, I am excited to see that he has his Z-Ring (and a Rockium-Z from the looks of it), a Pokemon in an Ultra Ball (weird with how Sun/Moon finally starts having NPC's different Pokeballs, only TR had used one so far in the anime), and that he'll be interacting with Lillie (which was obvious). I hope we'll learn more of her backstory above anything else.

Although Gladion doesn't seem to be the friendliest person in those images, his Lycanroc like Ash's Rockruff. Maybe Gladion won't be as bad, and he's just acting this way for a reason. Either way, I like that Rockruff and Lycanroc will get along, because I enjoy it when certain Pokemon are really friendly towards one another, like how Togedemaru acts towards Pikachu.

With the zring and the rock z crystal do you guys think he cleared Oliva trail

I'll be surprised if Olivia even appears in the anime at the direction it is going.

It could go like this:

Ash: That Z-move is so cool!! Where did you get that Z-Crystal??
Gladion: I got it by clearing Olivia's trial
Ash: Then I should go battle her!!

And so the journey continues...

Here are some bits of information on the episode, which Dephender translated.

8KLCoNU.png
JQgmn4N.jpg

From the first image.

Opponent 3: A mysterious Lycanroc Trainer: His name is Gladion!
A mysterious Trainer that uses a Lycanroc and an Umbreon arrives in town! What is this Trainer with the black Z-Ring capable of?!

The lump of rock bathed in the Z of the blue moon will now... seal off the collapsing world!

"Come Forth! The Red, Red Gaze of Lugarugan!!" airs May 18th!

From the second image.

Lycanroc's Z-Move is super strong!!
Lycanroc uses the Rock type Z-Move! The other half of this duo, Gladion, is tough as well!!

The Rock type Z-Move, "Continental Crush"
Enormous rocks strikes the opponent from the air!!

Gladion is super skilled as well!!
Gladion is so strong there's been talk about it in town, so Ash immediately challenges him to a battle! How will Ash go up against the Rock type Z-Move, which he has never seen before?!

What are Gladion and Lycanroc's secrets?!
Let's take a look at the powerful Gladion's secrets:
Secret 1: Lycanroc is Rockruff's goal!!
Lyrcanroc is the form Rockruff takes after evolving. Ash's Rockruff is training to become stronger, and this is the goal it aims for!
There's also a Midday Form: Which form will Ash's Rockruff eventually evolve into?!
Secret 2: Gladion is Lillie's brother!!
Even though they are siblings, it has apparently been a long time since Gladion and Lillie last met. Just why is it that Gladion is traveling...?

Ash: I'll become much stronger too!!

2 episodes with TS Grunts followed by Gladion's debut?

...TS & the AF really ARE going to break Team Flare's record for Most Appearances by a Non-Rocket Team!

Though to people concerned about Type: Null and Nebby: they could still appear later. We have over two and a half years in this saga and there's no way of knowing how things can turn out before it's over. Conversely, the producers could be saving them for movies (especially since they're wasting using Marshadow for Movie 20)

They'd better not butcher his awesome personality and turn him into a comedic character, otherwise…

plum-sword%28e%29.gif

I won't be pleased.

Now, now. Surely the producers have realized that this saga needs someone serious.

I'll be surprised if Olivia even appears in the anime at the direction it is going.

Hey, we already saw her foot in SM11. Besides, she's bound to show up later. We're not even 30 episodes in and have over 100 to go.

Let's just hope they don't butcher the AF plot. Game fans would be upset.

As if the producers have ever cared how game fans feel... -_-

I like that he got Umbreon since it's a Pokemon that evolves through happiness, and that's his thing in the games, with Silvally, Lucario and Crobat. I wouldn't be surprised if Null appeared later. After all he's got the claw marks. It wouldn't be the first time a character's first Pokemon debuted later. We've seen it with both Iris, Paul and Gary.
Also is Ash's Rockruff evolving?

At least from the looks of it, Rockruff wants to evolve into midday form.
From the looks of it, I hope Gladion serves as Ash's rival for the series. I think he'd be a good fit, especially if Lillie takes the role of traveling with Ash.
Along with battling Gladion (and most likely losing), I wonder if it'll push Ash to go to the next island to gather more Z-Crystals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom