• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM028: The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone asks that question its not like they will get an answer, I want the next trails to start as much as the next guy but its really just annoying at this point.

Is Casey coming back?

Definitely not. It'd be cool, but I don't think they're going for straight baseball here, which is what Casey's whole thing was. This has some kind of Pokémon twist to it.

I do think that's going to make things very interesting though! I'm all for world building stuff, so the idea of this sport that's very popular in Alola and we're going to see the classmates and their Pokémon playing it sounds really fun from that perspective. I'm interested to see how exactly the Pokémon participate.

I don't understand why they are using baseball for showcasing characters and interactions when the Battle Royale is a thing...

For those wondering about the plot, my theory is that Ash's eventual triumph over Tapu Koko will lead to the whole group obtaining Z-rings, which in turn will lead to Ash and Lana taking the trial together.

For those wondering about the plot, my theory is that Ash's eventual triumph over Tapu Koko will lead to the whole group obtaining Z-rings, which in turn will lead to Ash and Lana taking the trial together.

At the snail's pace the storyline of the anime is going, by the time that happens, I'll be entering a nursing home for end of life care.

Speaking of Casey, in the past the parody of Japan's beloved Hanshin Tigers was Electabuzz---now that we have a more fitting mascot in Incineroar I wonder if we'll see it here in that place.

What makes this episode important is the fact that (if SM follow 140 episode rule of BW and XY) the first 20 percent of SM will be over.

Most summaries are like this.
Also we're pretty damn close to the series hitting it's ultimate milestone!
The 1000th episode.

RetroPokeFan said:
Also we're pretty damn close to the series hitting it's ultimate milestone!
The 1000th episode.
It means nothing in Japan.

Heck, the reason they keep renumbering each series is so they don't have to add 'em. They fact they keep starting over mostly from scratch is kind of a tip-off.

Besides, it's HIGHLY doubtful the story will be in any place to do anything for it anyway.

I wouldn't dismiss Junichi Fujisaku that quickly. As I said on the staff thread, he wrote a lot of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and that Blood franchise.

Besides, I've always wanted to see a filler episode involving Pokemon playing baseball. No, I am not kidding.

A new summary that is out, which hasn't been fully translated, mentions that both people and Pokemon play Pokebase and a famous sports player will appear in the episode. I don't know if it's a real life famous player or just a famous player in the Pokemon World.

Besides, it's HIGHLY doubtful the story will be in any place to do anything for it anyway.
Well... at the pace the series is going I don't think we're going to be that far along into the story.

But then again, we are going to get 3 non-filler episodes in a row. So who knows

PokéBase is a hugely popular sport in the Alola region. Satoshi and Pikachu get really into a match they watch on TV. And the next day, they decide to play one at Pokémon School. But then the Rocket Gang interferes...

Summary:
PokéBase is a hugely popular sport in the Alola region. Satoshi and Pikachu get really into a match they watch on TV. And the next day, they decide to play one at Pokémon School. The Rocket Gang interferes as well, and a truly fierce match begins. Can they get a home run to turn the tide?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Ash
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lillie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kiawe
Reina Ueda: Mallow
Hitomi Kikuchi: Lana
Fumiko Takekuma: Sophocles
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Unsho Ishizuka: Principal Oak
Megumi Hayashibara: Jessie
Shinichiro Miki: James
Inuko Inuyama: Meowth
Yuji Ueda: Wobbuffet
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Popplio
Chika Fujimura: Steene
Chinami Nishimura: Litten
Kenta Miyake: Turtonator
Tohru Furuya: Olu Olu

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Litten: Chinami Nishimura

Turtonator: Kenta Miyake

Steenee: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin’ichiro Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda

Oluolu: Tōru Furuya

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

PokéBase is a hugely popular sport in the Alola region. Ash and Pikachu get really into a match they watch on TV. And the next day, they decide to play one at Pokémon School. But then Team Rocket interferes...

PokéBase is a hugely popular sport in the Alola region. Ash and Pikachu get really into a match they watch on TV. And the next day, they decide to play one at Pokémon School. Team Rocket interferes as well, and a truly fierce match begins. Can they get a home run to turn the tide?!

Last edited:
Looks like Team Rocket wants to play some baseball with Ash and his friends. Who is going to get a home run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom