• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM028: The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure if that Casey episode was done today. It would include Pokemon.It's not about Alola but because now mostly of activities in the show have to include Pokemon somehow.

A lot Baseball anime actually exists, to the point where there are "best of" lists, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kaiwe's pitch and Ash's swing emulated the better animated shows.

Oh, and speaking of those scenes, they showed GLORIOUS sakuga!

Baseball is still popular in Japan, right?

I'm sure if that Casey episode was done today. It would include Pokemon.It's not about Alola but because now mostly of activities in the show have to include Pokemon somehow.
It kind of seems that you're saying that as if it's a bad thing. Isn't an increase in Pokemon being included in activities a good thing?

It kind of seems that you're saying that as if it's a bad thing. Isn't an increase in Pokemon being included in activities a good thing?

I guess Shoutmon was pointing out that the baseball game in this episode involves Pokémon because that is pretty much the norm these days. It has nothing to do with the close relationship between humans and Pokémon in the Alola region.

The Diamond & Pearl series gave us the Pokémon Triathlon, the Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament, and last but not least, the ridiculous Pokémon Baccer World Cup. As you said, the number of activities involving Pokémon increased over the years. If Casey had been introduced this series, her favorite game would be Pokébase rather than regular baseball.

I guess Shoutmon was pointing out that the baseball game in this episode involves Pokémon because that is pretty much the norm these days. It has nothing to do with the close relationship between humans and Pokémon in the Alola region.

The Diamond & Pearl series gave us the Pokémon Triathlon, the Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament, and last but not least, the ridiculous Pokémon Baccer World Cup. As you said, the number of activities involving Pokémon increased over the years. If Casey had been introduced this series, her favorite game would be Pokébase rather than regular baseball.
Well maybe that's why they're more involved and generally more present in the anime then before, especially if even Charjabug starts appearing as often as some of the others. Maybe they want to show the close bonds between the Trainers and their Pokemon.

It seems Olu Olu has a z-crystal. And he has a snorlax, i wonder if we're going to see pulverizing pancake.

Is it just me, or does it seem like they're showing off all the new pokemon and z-moves as quick as they can?

The plot is moving really,really slowly. Yet they've already shown the fighting, fire, electric, and rock type z-moves.

And as far as pokemon go they've shown:
togedamaru
wimpod
bounsweet/steenee

salandit

and so on and so forth

Why is that?

Well maybe that's why they're more involved and generally more present in the anime then before, especially if even Charjabug starts appearing as often as some of the others. Maybe they want to show the close bonds between the Trainers and their Pokemon.

Couldn't agree more with this. I'm well aware that Pokémon have been used much more frequently in sporting like events, but it seems to stand out more in this region because of how much they've emphasized the relationship between people and Pokémon.

THIS LOOKS FAN-****ING-TASTIC
(Hope they haven't spoiled all the best animated scenes in the preview itself...)

Already scoring top points for so-extremely-into-it-that-it's-scary Kaki, Suiren and Nyasu.

Bringing a Snorlax to a sport? Isn't it too lazy for that? :p
That reminds me of that episode where someone had their Snorlax do exercices. :p

This episode may not be as boring as I expected.

Can we just talk about how awesomely animated Ash, Kiawe, Lana, and Meowth were during the preview? It added more of a dramatic effect onto the preview.

The preview looks sick! Cheering for Lana!!

Also, Furuya does voice another character, who was seen playing baseball once
Mw1SbRE.png

Remember that parody motto Team Rocket did in the Johto baseball episode?? It's not like we'll get that this time but it's nice to imagine...

And I'm pretty sure Casey would still take an interest in Pokebase, it's not baseball but it's pretty damn similar and I'm sure the things that drew her to regular baseball would draw her to this.

t kind of seems that you're saying that as if it's a bad thing.

Nope

But Pokemon has tried to avoid references to real life stuff like sports and others since AG, especially if they are very Japanese and the baseball show in the Casey episode was just like it is in Japan(baseball is actually pretty big there)

adding Pokemon makes it seem less similar to the real thing.

Ah, the obligatory "everyone plays baseball and hijinks ensue" anime episode. Love it! The animation for this looks insane. And yes, Team Rocket actually participating rather than just interrupting for the hell of it is fantastic.

Preview
- Kiawe throws a baseball at Ash and Ash hits it.
- Meowth makes a menacing face.
- Team Rocket and their Pokemon huddle together.
- Lana gets angry as she hits the baseball.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hH93iKQll4

Ah, that thick-lined style reminds me somewhat the art style of Captain Tsubasa, especially when the characters hit the ball and said ball gains "elemental powers". It also somewhat reminds me of Mario Strikers Charged Football artwork.

It's actually a quite neat style, and it fits the whole sport theme well. So, for once, I don't mind the shift in style. I even prefer it to the "regular" style, mind you.

At least we should hopefully be seeing Pulverizing Pancake since Olu'olu has a Z-Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom