• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM028: The Fierce Pokébase Match! Aim for a Home Run to Turn the Tide!!

It's an incredibly weird world when what could have been another skippable, ordinary, run of the mill filler episode was actually more well written and somehow more enjoyable than last week's episode.
4/5

Also you guys wanted a newer version of the TR motto, you got your wish... for now.
DAqi6HnXsAA7aFl.jpg

So with Oricorio appearing in this episode, does Oricorio have to appear in every episode that ends in 8? SM008, used by Hobbes, SM018, seen by Ash and Mallow as they tried to find the Yellow Nectar and three appeared in this episode, as a cheerleading squad.

So with Oricorio appearing in this episode, does Oricorio have to appear in every episode that ends in 8? SM008, used by Hobbes, SM018, seen by Ash and Mallow as they tried to find the Yellow Nectar and three appeared in this episode, as a cheerleading squad.
So, the rest of the orocorio's appeared in this episode?

Why are they show off all the alolan pokemon this early? The story itself is going really slow, but they already showed off at least 20 pokemon and 5 z-moves already.

Do you think this means that this is going to be a shorter series than the rest?

Cause other regions took their time in showing off their pokemon.

Anyway, this episode was okay. Not very funny...just okay.

But I guess I should start getting used to mediocre episodes with sun&moon.

By the way, did snorlax use breakneck blitz or pulverizing pancake?

Speaking as someone who's been eyeball deep in "Princess vs. Princess" all week...? This one doesn't even come close.
But it's impossible to translate Scyther/Strike joke. Nothing would make sense.

Well if they can add puns to the show that weren't there in the first place, they could always omit one or just make a different sort of pun. Also, am I the only one who found Litten playing with the baseball cute? It hardly acts playful like that, so I enjoy it when it does.

Why am I thinking that a Mega Charizard situation is going on with Oricorio, where one form is treated superior to the other?
Well they are on Melemele Island, so of course only the yellow ones will appear since they are native to this island due to the nectar produced in the meadow.

Is it 1997 or 2017 because that episode felt like it was written during OS! Extremely light and watchable and bloody hell was it superbly animated! Also they used some Lugia theme (probs from Hoopa lol) and remix (?) of original motto theme!

The thing I liked best was that this episode's plot progressed just because. Satoshi liked Pokebase on tv? Ok, let's play it at school! No coach? Let's recruit the famous Alolan Koiking player! Musashi is infatuated with this guy? Sure TRio will engage in a friendly match against the kids for an autograph!!!!!!!

Suiren being the group's MVP is icing on the cake. Kaki's reaction to her sixer is PRICELESS.

Recently I've been wondering, are Musashi and I diverging? Maybe she isn't grown-up-me as I had thought when I was a teenager? But no. She always comes through. Like having unnecessary and all-consuming crushes, and being a total loser at sports. I was very pleased that they were allowed to play fair and Musashi even pulled pyscho Mimikyu back. Maybe my favourite moment though was when Musashi started the motto and Satoshi's eye twitched - 20 years on and he is finally getting with the programme! But seriously, why would they reveal themselves in their regular civvies? Surely this now means that they can no longer wear those disguises?!

PS. Olu'olu's Koiking Team is interesting.

Anyway, this episode was okay. Not very funny...just okay.

But I guess I should start getting used to mediocre episodes with sun&moon.

By the way, did snorlax use breakneck blitz or pulverizing pancake?

He used pulverizing pancake

The filler was alright, i wish there could be more serious episodes but there was a few things i find entertaining.

1) All the faces and different drawing styles the writers used during the episode

2) The fact that we get to witness Pulverizing Pancake for the first time in the anime, and it made Wobbuffet LITERALLY as flat as a pancake that the wind blew him away.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom