• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM029: Are You Going to Have a Nap-masyu in the Nemasyu Forest Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GoldenUmi the issue I have is why do episodes have to be separated out into "filler" and "plot"? The only reason I can imagine as to why this would matter is if you are someone who would choose to watch an episode or not solely based on it covering a major plot poin. Personally I prefer the way that SM is approaching this - the plot is moving slowly forward every episode rather than being totally static and then suffering a stepwise change every time a major event occurs.

I think the key here is what I watch Pokemon for and what you probably watch Pokemon for. I'm a more casual viewer and I don't find most of the comedy in this series that appealing so the slow speed we're moving is just overall unappealing to me.

I'll rephrase it in a way that is hopefully not going to sound jerkish or anything. My only real interest is seeing the stuff I liked from the game make it into anime form. I have a pretty hectic schedule so if I'm just not connecting with the cast like I did in X&Y I can't bring myself to watch 10 episodes of this group of characters just screwing around. To me it's just a waste of time. I realize I'm not the demographic audience here by any means and eventually will just not keep posting negative comments like this if it looks like things won't pick up. But I just felt like getting it off my chest seeing as how we're 30 or so episodes in now and that's about how long I said I'd give it a chance for.

I'll check out episodes that focus on Lillie or Team Rocket/Team Skull at least, and will definitely check out the Gladion episode. But nothing past that for now really seems like it'll be worth watching.

I think the key here is what I watch Pokemon for and what you probably watch Pokemon for. I'm a more casual viewer and I don't find most of the comedy in this series that appealing so the slow speed we're moving is just overall unappealing to me.

I'll rephrase it in a way that is hopefully not going to sound jerkish or anything. My only real interest is seeing the stuff I liked from the game make it into anime form. I have a pretty hectic schedule so if I'm just not connecting with the cast like I did in X&Y I can't bring myself to watch 10 episodes of this group of characters just screwing around. To me it's just a waste of time. I realize I'm not the demographic audience here by any means and eventually will just not keep posting negative comments like this if it looks like things won't pick up. But I just felt like getting it off my chest seeing as how we're 30 or so episodes in now and that's about how long I said I'd give it a chance for.

I'll check out episodes that focus on Lillie or Team Rocket/Team Skull at least, and will definitely check out the Gladion episode. But nothing past that for now really seems like it'll be worth watching.
But what if this isn't filler? This could be a capture episode, seeing as there in a forest, and a grass type pokemon is going to be giving them trouble.

This is the perfect time for mallow to catch morelull.

Or what if we get some of the characters backstories through their memories? Maybe lillie's, mallow's, lana's, or kiawe's who knows. I think EP28 is absolutely going to be filler but hold your horses on this one.

Usually major foreshadowing happens within dream episodes.Just look at what happened with XYZ and their dream episode with darkrai. It forshadowed team flare and I think another big thing to come. And since their "collapsing" one by one, that leads me to assume that they're going to be falling asleep.

Maybe this will be the start of a string of non-filler episodes and the ball starts rolling from here.

For me, a filler episode is an episode where nothing important happens. It's not has to be involved in the plot or the game stuff, but there has to be something important.

The anime rarely covers game stories, so, were you ever satisfied?

X&Y may not have adapted every game event exactly the same but it sure as heck felt like a proper nod to the game compared to what we're getting right now. I can't speak for Diamond & Pearl or Best Wishes because I didn't actively watch the anime at all during those runs.

Genuinely funny filler episodes are great. I watch the show for those. But yeah, I'd definitely love to see a little further character development and background stories too.Who knows how long the SM series will be, so hopefully there's plenty more time for that!

11180064._SX540_.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a new summary of the episode, which Depender translated. There is also an image of the episode.

oGZgIkk.png

Ash and his classmates use their day off to go to the forest to camp. However, one after another they end up collapsing. It appears there is some kind of unknown entity in the forest that absorbs their memories and energy...

Here is a new summary of the episode, which Depender translated. There is also an image of the episode.

oGZgIkk.png
So it's clear that Mallow and the other classmates would appear in this episode. It says right here, but it's still unclear if they appear or not unless they will show a preview for the next episode.

So it's clear that Mallow and the other classmates would appear in this episode. It says right here, but it's still unclear if they appear or not unless they will show a preview for the next episode.
Well I think they used the term classmates for SM023's episode, even though Lillie and Lana didn't appear, even though Lana appeared in the Poke Problem segment.

Well I think they used the term classmates for SM023's episode, even though Lillie and Lana didn't appear, even though Lana appeared in the Poke Problem segment.
True, Lillie didn't appear in SM023, but since there are no Poke Problem sections in the dub version, Lana will be absent as well.

I doubt that they left someone out from an episode like this.

Preview
- Ash sets up a tent.
- Mallow and her Steenee pick berries.
- Sophocles debuts a Lampet like lamp, which he powers with his Charjabug.
- Pikachu and Ash's Rowlet look scared.
- Ash collapses as sparkles and petals surround him.
- Ash and his classmates, except for Lillie appear as they all don't look too well.
- Morelul spies on Ash and his classmates.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19xS9ayfgCQ

Something tells me I'm not gonna take this episode seriously with all the incredibly mushy and weird faces goin on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom