• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM029: Are You Going to Have a Nap-masyu in the Nemasyu Forest Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM029: Hey Mush, Are You Going to Sleep in the Nemashu Forest Too?
Airs: June 8

Here is a summary of the episode, which Dephender translated, who also translated the title.

Ash and his friends have gone to the forest to camp. They have fun cooking, playing in the river and so on to their heart's content, but one after another they start collapsing. It appears there is some kind of unknown entity in this forest that absorbs their memories and energy when it attacks them.

Last edited:
No idea what the entity is, but they really need to lay off the fillers already.

Wow, that's surprising coming from you. I thought you adored these slice of life episodes? Cooking, playing in the river...

No idea what the entity is, but they really need to lay off the fillers already.
How do you know it's a filler yet? People thought SM013 was going to be a filler and look what happened.

How do you know it's a filler yet? People thought SM013 was going to be a filler and look what happened.

I think the crux of the matter is that the plot is going terribly slow. It's starting to come to the point of "Are we there yet?", as in "Ash, when you will partake to the next Trial?", or "Guys, when will you start traveling?"

As of this episode in particular, it seems it will be a somewhat "horror-like" episode featuring Morelull as the antagonist. It reminds me those fillerish "cursed place episodes" and doesn't exactly scream plot-relevance to me, but who knows. Summaries can be deceiving.

Last edited:
I think the crux of the matter is that the plot is going terribly slow. It's starting to come to the point of "Are we there yet?", as in "Ash, when you will partake to the next Trial?", or "Guys, when will you start traveling?"

As of this episode in particular, I have the feeling that it may be related to Morelull and/or Shiinotic.
It is, Nemashu is the Japanese name for Morelull.

Wow, that's surprising coming from you. I thought you adored these slice of life episodes? Cooking, playing in the river...
lol, no. I liked the Lillie and Litten episodes.

My opinion in the past was that 20 episodes was too early to be harsh on the series. But we're getting close to 30 now.

"It appears there is some kind of unknown entity in this forest that absorbs their memories and energy when it attacks them."

And this episode is written by one of the new writer... RIP continuity.

"It appears there is some kind of unknown entity in this forest that absorbs their memories and energy when it attacks them."

So that's why Ash doesn't remember anything from last 20 years...simply this strange thing have eaten his memory- OK, I bought it :D

Inb4, Ash will be the only one to not be affected by the memory-draining effect, hence confusing the fans even more.

Though, that would really explain a few things.

Eh... these latest two episodes, I have no idea what to feel for the SM Anime's future. I feel like I'm starting to get bored of watching the series, but I feel like things can get interesting in either late Season 1 or Season 2.

This one sounds WAY better than episode 28 which just seems like it's going to be pokemon's version of baseball.

But this sounds like a horror mystery, whodunit type of episode.

And EVERY single one of ash's companions has gotten a second pokemon, so...maybe this will be the perfect opportunity for mallow to catch morelull.

Morelull.

This one sounds WAY better than episode 28 which just seems like it's going to be pokemon's version of baseball.

But this sounds like a horror mystery, whodunit type of episode.

And EVERY single one of ash's companions has gotten a second pokemon, so...maybe this will be the perfect opportunity for mallow to catch morelull.

Morelull.
Mallow definetely deserves it :D She has a potential to be the best SM character. Actually she shouldn't act like now- like Ash's fangirl. It's really annoying for me in SM that all girls behave like they would be members of Ash's fanclub...even Serena didn't show her admiration for Ash in such expressive way...let alone Misty and other pokegirls.

However, this episode could be nice, i Think...cause it sounds to be casual, simply about life...And I hope Sophocles won't move and will be there ;)

Wow, lot of assumptions going on here over an initial summary. It sounds like the usual "haunted house" episode we get every series without the house, although the absorbing of memories is an interesting aspect. I usually don't like these episodes, but the memories part on top of everyone collapsing one by one sounds kind of neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom