• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM029: Are You Going to Have a Nap-masyu in the Nemasyu Forest Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, lot of assumptions going on here over an initial summary
Well, I don't think mallow catching morelull is that far-fetched of an assumption. They are in the forest, and as i've said before, ash's companions always have more than one pokemon.

It actually sounds perfectly plausible to me.

Well, I don't think mallow catching morelull is that far-fetched of an assumption. They are in the forest, and as i've said before, ash's companions always have more than one pokemon.

It actually sounds perfectly plausible to me.

Oh, I'm not talking about that. I meant people calling it a boring filler episode.

Oh, I'm not talking about that. I meant people calling it a boring filler episode.
Well...it is going to be filler.

The writer seems to be new to pokemon. They're not going to trust plot stuff to new writers.

In fact, that could be the only thing shooting down my theory about mallow catching morelull.

Ah I saw the "Hey Mus" part on the homepage and I thought it was gonna be a Jessie episode ;-;
It would be great to see an episode about Jessie in Alola. I used to love her appearances in OS, AG and BW and I'm curious about her personality in SM...especially cause I don't see her as an artist. I hope she will be here like OS or early Hoenn...you know...more focusing on battles and catching pokemon :D

I have to say I'll add onto others' opinions voiced in this thread and say that SM has really shown to us that it's too early for someone to consider this episode a filler. It's something I have really enjoyed about this series so far - how it blurs the lines between filler and non-filler so sometimes, the audience will be thrown off - the progression in Sun and Moon may be more subtle, but that doesn't mean it's non-existent. Considering this episode almost comes off the back of SM027, I don't know if it's truly fair to use this episode's premise to accuse the series of being littered with fillers.

It's also cool to see progression sprinkled into episodes like SM025 and such. If the first thirty episodes had appeared more like Decolora Adventure! - which ultimately brought out some worthwhile fillers on their own but this was diminished by the overall lack of character or plot progression due to the lateness of this arc - then, yes I'd be frustrated. However, for me, SM has consistently brought out episodes that have shown interesting storylines of progression for the characters surrounding Ash, Ash himself as well as demonstrating a sense of connectivity between various "filler" episodes or simply, entertaining filler episodes to relax and enjoy. The only SM episode that I have had an issue so far with SM020 - and actually, it's not the worst filler I have ever seen either.

Back to this episode - I personally am not a fan of the horror-type episodes either, I think the only two I have ever liked were The Tower of Terror and A Night At The Nacrene City Museum! - but it's true, the memories aspect has me a little interested though I don't think it will give references to past seasons.

Nothing new in people decrying "boring filler" because the episode title isn't 'Battle Satoshi! You're finally becoming a Pokemon Master!' or the summary isn't about Lucario (everyone still loves that thing right?)

Sounds like a fun little episode to me.

AND
I'm surprised no one else seems to be interested in the fact that Satoshi and his friends are going camping just like old times. Could it be that they have so much fun in this episode that they decide to, I dunno, go off on a 2-and-a-half-year-long backpacking adventure to complete the trials and collect Z crystals or some shit like that?!

Nothing new in people decrying "boring filler" because the episode title isn't 'Battle Satoshi! You're finally becoming a Pokemon Master!' or the summary isn't about Lucario (everyone still loves that thing right?)

Sounds like a fun little episode to me.

AND
I'm surprised no one else seems to be interested in the fact that Satoshi and his friends are going camping just like old times. Could it be that they have so much fun in this episode that they decide to, I dunno, go off on a 2-and-a-half-year-long backpacking adventure to complete the trials and collect Z crystals or some shit like that?!

Often these episodes with ,,Exciting titles" are giant disappointment (like first visitation) - I hope it'll be nice, funny episode when we know more about Ash's companions, especially Mallow- it's a custom (from Indigo League to SM) ,,fillers" are the best episodes that i find simply nice to watch :D

Last edited:
Haha. I like how mostly everyone's talking about this instead of the baseball episode. It's because this one is more intriguing.

Will it be a capture episode(mallow getting morelull) will it reveal the backstory of other characters (lillie,mallow,lana, or kiawe)

Whatever route they take, I just hope it's not a gigantic disappointment. But we'll see when the episode comes out.

And it was a filler after all.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of episodes in which the only relevant event is part of a 30-second ending scene. 30 seconds out of 22 minutes is not enough to save an episode for me.

About this particular episode, kinda looking forward to seeing Morelull. It's a cool Pokémon. Its Pokédex entry in Pokémon Sun says that "It scatters spores that flicker and glow. Anyone seeing these lights falls into a deep slumber." so the collapsing part is probably they falling asleep?

And I don't think that Ash and his classmates are going to forget events long buried in the past, more like they're going to wake up "where am I?" confused, forgetting only what happened right before they fell asleep. But who knows? We'll have to see the episode.

It would be interesting if they do something like DP043, except with Satoshi's past memories instead of his future desires.

Of course it would only be from the previous 28 episodes, can't have the little kids finding out Ash travelled before he went to Alola!

How do you know it's a filler yet? People thought SM013 was going to be a filler and look what happened.

What happened is the writers brainwashed you into thinking it wasn't an episode with people running around for 20 minutes by adding a 30 second clip that had something of relevance happen.

And that scene was repeated in episode 14, which means you can actually skip 13 and not miss anything.

Seriously, almost 30 episodes in now and there's really no sign of this series wanting to progress an actual consistent story or adventure here.

Last edited:
Please update bulbanews's upcoming anime its really bothering me

These titles aren't confirmed yet, hence no picture as a source.
Also, there's a two week break from episode 28 to 29. You forgot to tell people this,

Episode 28 airs MAY 25TH

Episode 29 airs JUNE 8TH

I thought people would realise that if SM028 airs on May 25 and SM029 airs on June 8, that people would realise that there will be a break.

Well...it is going to be filler.

The writer seems to be new to pokemon. They're not going to trust plot stuff to new writers.

In fact, that could be the only thing shooting down my theory about mallow catching morelull.

- A new writer wrote the episode where Mallow's Bounsweet evolved and learned new moves.

- A new writer wrote the episode where Ash caught Treecko.

- A new writer wrote the episode where Ash met and battled Cheren.

Since this is a camp episode, will there be someone who will tell scary stories? :p

Maybe Lana. She did make that joke about Kyogre in SM005 after all.

It would be interesting if they do something like DP043, except with Satoshi's past memories instead of his future desires.

Except it wasn't, at all. I wouldn't call an egg hatching into a Pokemon, which ends up being caught by a main character non-important and I'm sure most of the other viewers/fans would to.

And even so, trust me, there have been plenty of episodes that people assumed were going to be a filler, that ended up not being so, like BW022 and I'm sure before we knew that Ash would catch Rockruff, that SM025 would be a filler.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of episodes in which the only relevant event is part of a 30-second ending scene. 30 seconds out of 22 minutes is not enough to save an episode for me.

About this particular episode, kinda looking forward to seeing Morelull. It's a cool Pokémon. Its Pokédex entry in Pokémon Sun says that "It scatters spores that flicker and glow. Anyone seeing these lights falls into a deep slumber." so the collapsing part is probably they falling asleep?

And I don't think that Ash and his classmates are going to forget events long buried in the past, more like they're going to wake up "where am I?" confused, forgetting only what happened right before they fell asleep. But who knows? We'll have to see the episode.
It's not about saving the episode, it still happened, rendering it a non-filler.

What happened is the writers brainwashed you into thinking it wasn't an episode with people running around for 20 minutes by adding a 30 second clip that had something of relevance happen.

And that scene was repeated in episode 14, which means you can actually skip 13 and not miss anything.

Seriously, almost 30 episodes in now and there's really no sign of this series wanting to progress an actual consistent story or adventure here.
Yeah, except they didn't. A main event happening in episode, no matter how short, still makes it important enough so that you can't skip it. And it was clearly a copy of what happened in SM013, where it was first shown. Also, lots of episode have had recaps of important events at the start, so does that make all the episodes in those recaps fillers to? No.

- A new writer wrote the episode where Mallow's Bounsweet evolved and learned new moves.

- A new writer wrote the episode where Ash caught Treecko.

- A new writer wrote the episode where Ash met and battled Cheren.
Fair enough.

I thought people would realise that if SM028 airs on May 25 and SM029 airs on June 8, that people would realise that there will be a break.
And a few people liked my comment about you not saying that there was a break, probably because they thought you were going to notify them as well. But that's alright. It's just you usually tell us, I guess they were just used to it.

Except it wasn't, at all. I wouldn't call an egg hatching into a Pokemon, which ends up being caught by a main character non-important and I'm sure most of the other viewers/fans would to.

And even so, trust me, there have been plenty of episodes that people assumed were going to be a filler, that ended up not being so, like BW022 and I'm sure before we knew that Ash would catch Rockruff, that SM025 would be a filler.

It's not about saving the episode, it still happened, rendering it a non-filler.

So, basically having 1% of relevance in an episode makes it non-filler? That would be like saying that a single leaf of lettuce in a cheeseburger makes it a vegetable product.

You can't simply justify the fluff and filler stuff of a whole episode just because the beginning and/or the ending have some minimum of importance. Otherwise, you may as well consider stuff like the "Axew is Missing" episode in BW an important episode just because Scraggy defeats an opponent and Ash wins a League match, which I'm pretty sure many people would disagree with.

While, yes, having a plot-relevant event in an otherwise completely irrelevant episode gives it a bit more of importance, it doesn't mean that it can be excused and considered a must-see. This is why I don't like to label this kind of episode "filler" or "must-see", but rather "fillerish": remove all the meat and cheese from the cheeseburger and you got your veggie burger, in a sense.

However, so far the premise of this episode gives me "haunted place" vibes, and considering how little relevance previous episodes of this kind had on the overall plots of the past series, it wouldn't surprise me if this episode followed suit and was the standard horror one-shot. Though, I admit it's a bit too soon to fully judge this episode before it even airs, but I simply don't expect anything important to happen here. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom