• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM029: Are You Going to Have a Nap-masyu in the Nemasyu Forest Too?

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Was the evolution effects the same as SM018 or SM022?

Wishy-Washy

Reaction score
I think it was the same as 18. Also ET was surprised by that guess it might be popular in Japan?

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Who would know, it was the funniest SM episode so far, and Team Rocket wasn't even a part of it. Eat your heart out Team Rocket!
Ayumi Sekine is much MUCH better at writing comedy. It's been a long time since I actually laughed to this show. Even Kaki and Mamane was genuinely funny, thanks to comic timing.
Lilie saved the episode. She's a better source for comedy compared to Kaki and Suiren's forced meme-faces. Also, she's actually relatable.
Bonding between Namashu and Satoshi was weird but kinda fun. I seriously thought that he's gonna catch it.
Ending was a standard pokemon filler ending, surprising for a non-standard episode like this.
"Memories" part of the summary definitely wasn't what I actually wanted. It was a let-down but I don't mind it much.
It's a good thing that episode actually focused on all main characters and no one left behind, even the pokemon. It's something unusual for SM.
Also, did anyone noticed that they didn't give any food to Denjimushi? What's up with that?

OVERALL SCORE: 8/10.

Last edited:

Aj4sure125

Reaction score

Nebby's Bag was in the episode..

EDIT: Same for the clefairy doll she gives you at the end of the game.

Morelull get in the god damn bag...

ShadowZone1996

The lovely, charming villains!
Reaction score
I thought it was a really good episode. I actually really wanted Ash to catch the Morelull seeing how they bonded so smoothly.

jonathan keller

Reaction score
I like the ET reference they threw in there.

Overall, it was a fine episode. I enjoyed it.

Also, little fun fact, the kid who played the boy in E.T. actually went to my high school!

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Decent episode. There were a lot of funny moments, like Lana being creepy with the flashlight, the group in their drained states (the moment with Ash and Sophocles was particularly funny), and Ash eating food to reverse becoming weakened by Morelull. The ET reference at the end was really cute. Unfortunately, the episode seemed to drag in some places so it got kind of dull if there was't something overly funny going on. 5/10

ii kanji

What's a motto with you?
Reaction score
This one really didn't hold me. Felt very like an oldschool PotD story and I think the camping setup did not help that!

VTP-Dawkins93

Reaction score
I thought this was a very competently put together filler episode that looked very pretty. Seriously, anyone still having doubts about the new artwork: watch this episode.

The best fillers are the ones that are self-contained stories on their own and this episode told a simple story about a Pokemon and what that Pokemon is all about. On top of that, the group interactions were fun and there were some neat character points, particularly about Lillie: she's never been camping before, she sleeps with a PokeDoll, and she overpacks to the extreme.

Last week's episode was insane fun. This one was more subdued but pleasant to watch.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
The only really noteworthy thing in this episode was seeing the bag that Nebby needs to stay in. It just wasn't anything special at all.

SammyW27

Bow before a superior pimp!
Reaction score
So Lillie has Brock/Cilan/Clemont-style cooking/camping skills, eh?

Okay Mallow, get out. You really ARE not needed :p

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
I seriously expected this episode to be as dark and scary as the Litwick Mansion episode from Best Wishes...but I think we can all agree now that the Shiinotic line is actually much less dangerous and malevloent than the Chandleure line!

Gard81

Reaction score
Nice that they finally put those face-faults where they belong: in a scary setting. Seriously, outside of Team Rocket, the face-faults could very well be used for horror shows. Also, a forest where you come out skinny isn't scary, it's actually a gold mine.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
I'm sure the body concerned just love looking so gaunt they could cosplay as a prison camp survivor.

ii kanji

What's a motto with you?
Reaction score
Ok I forgot the one part of the episode that made me laugh out loud:
When the gang wake up after a shroom induced coma with a serious case of the munchies!

Not sure that it was intended to come across that way, but man, the dissonance of that scene from PokeAni norms cracked me up!