• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM029: Are You Going to Have a Nap-masyu in the Nemasyu Forest Too?

This episode was a little weird, because I wasn't super invested in it but it did still entertain me. Like I felt it dragging at times, but there were more things to keep my attention than a standard "haunted Pokémon/creepy forest" episode. For example: the art in this episode was over the top. The classmates being shown as nothing but skin and bones (with the old people voices on top of it) was insanely creepy and amusing. Lana continually holding the flashlight up by her face and acting all creepy was really fun too.

I like that Lillie using the repel was the reason she wasn't affected in the same way as the others, and then it worked in the opposite direction at the end of the episode. I thought that was a nice touch.

It was also hilarious that Ash came up with a plan that literally involved non-stop eating to maintain his energy and provide Morelull with the energy it needed. That was just classic Ash (i.e. not boring, OOC, over the top heroism) and I thought it was perfect.

But other than that, it was just okay. I didn't find the plot super engaging. The Litwick episode of BW where they were literally draining Team Rocket of their life force was much more of a standout. I'm not the biggest fan of these "mystery/haunted" episodes anyway though, so I'm not really surprised. It was the classmates' personalities and the art and animation that kept me interested.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom