• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM030: Lilie, Take Good Care of Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
The summary for the Akala episode sounded like a mess so no doubt those titles were fakes
I didn't read them, what was the episodes called? Even if it is fake I'm still interested in what people want episodes to be about.

Speaking of getting hopes up: What if...... Aether Foundation would appear in this episode? lol

Does the original title fit taking care of a sick/injured Pokémon? Or just babysitting?

I didn't read them, what was the episodes called? Even if it is fake I'm still interested in what people want episodes to be about.
June 15th: SM30 - Enter Ilima, the Honor Student from the Class Next Door!
>Another student also gets the best score on a test held one day alongside Lilie. Satoshi hears this Trainer is a person of certified skill as well, so he decides to challenge this much-talked-about honor student to a battle.

>Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
>Storyboard 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
>Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
>Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)
>Animation Director 中矢利子 (Toshiko Nakaya)
>Animation Director 一石小百合 (Sayuri Ichiishi)

June 22nd: SM31 - A New Trial! Challenge Akala Island!
>Satoshi goes to meet Island Queen Lychee in order to receive the Akala Island trial he heard about from Gladio earlier. However, Lychee tells Satoshi there are three trials in all, so when he returns to Melemele Island he wonders which of them he should start with.

>Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
>Storyboard 高橋知也 (Tomoya Takahashi)
>Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
>Animation Director 藤田正幸 (Masayuki Fujita)
>Animation Director 菊池功一 (Koichi Kikuchi)

I mean, what would the point in Ilima showing up NOW be?

Ash already beat Totem Gumshoos AND Hala, Ilima has no purpose NOW.

Personally, I'm more interested in this episode for the possible development (be it for Lillie or anyone else) than just dragging Ilima out for no reason.

Ash got runner-up in the Kalos Conference. They aren't going to progress him further. His goal will take the backseat this series.
Not really. Winning a Pokemon League doesn't = becoming a Pokemon Master. He wouldn't just mess around in a region and not do anything. He is doing things, but not every single episode has to feature Ash battling a Gym Leader or Trial Captain or whatever.

How funny would it be if Team Rocket had to take care of Pikachu for some reason? Like it got sick or hurt and somehow ended up in their base.
They would nab it and hightail it out of Alola with all speed.
They very nearly did that already and were only prevented from doing so by Bewear.

I thought we had accepted by now that Pokemon Master is an unobtainable goal; the term hasn't even been mentioned since Gen 2, with Lance's mention of it being changed to "Pokemon Champion" in HGSS.

"Pokemon Master" isn't really a thing that exists anymore due to how large the Pokemon world is now and each region having its own league, but the anime is kind of stuck with it since it's Ash's stated goal.

Not really. Winning a Pokemon League doesn't = becoming a Pokemon Master. He wouldn't just mess around in a region and not do anything. He is doing things, but not every single episode has to feature Ash battling a Gym Leader or Trial Captain or whatever.

Tell that to the executives. They don't want him to win a League. The first anime director bluntly stated that they don't care because the target audience constantly renews itself.

It's a terrible mindset to have.

Well I think terrible is pretty harsh, but I do think that expecting something negative to happen can be detrimental to the said person's hope. What you should do is have an open mind, then you're expectations wont be damage too badly.

Tell that to the executives. They don't want him to win a League. The first anime director bluntly stated that they don't care because the target audience constantly renews itself.
The key word there is "first". Who's to say that they think like that today?

Did they change directors from XY? Because it was clear the XY ones didn't want him to win.

Yes. The director of XY, Tetsuo Yajima, is no longer involved with the anime.

Idk, but for some reason, those other titles just felt off to me. I honestly had a feeling they were fake even though I hoped for them to be true.:(

So, a Pikachu focused episode? I'm wondering what's going on and who this person is that's going to be having to take care of Pikachu and for what reason. Hoping this turns out to be an interesting episode at least.

Idk, but for some reason, those other titles just felt off to me. I honestly had a feeling they were fake even though I hoped for them to be true.:(

So, a Pikachu focused episode? I'm wondering what's going on and who this person is that's going to be having to take care of Pikachu and for what reason. Hoping this turns out to be an interesting episode at least.

Probably Lillie as she's the one that would benefit the most from it. She can still only touch Shiron, so touching Pikachu should be the next step for her (Pikachu even expressed disappointment that she still could't touch him at the end of SM008).

It's a terrible mindset to have.

I disagree.

I'd prefer my pessimism be proven wrong than right. Not sure how other people feel about that though.

I've been completely burned on getting my hopes up only to be horribly crushed.

And this episode sounds extremely boring as hell, regardless if its animated like SM028. Lillie development is the only way the episode to at least be mediocre or decent but in no way do I believe this episode will be good. Suppose if Ash is battling in the episode.......maybe I can be convinced otherwise.

Yeah, I think it's a little odd to feel able to judge an episode off of a 5 word title.

I think it's a cute title, but there's way too many possibilities of what could come from it to immediately judge it as anything. Lillie having to watch after Pikachu could make for an interesting episode taking her fear into account. My first thought was it does sound like Ash is leaving Pikachu with someone, which is pretty unusual for him.

They very nearly did that already and were only prevented from doing so by Bewear.
Well the idea is that they would have to heal it before they try to move it anywhere. They can't bring Giovanni a Pokemon running a fever lol

Now that you mentioned him/her....

What if Bewear is the one that takes care of Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom