• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM030: Lilie, Take Good Care of Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's harsh for 30 episodes....
Frankly. I'm gonna assume the "worse"

1. That the Sun and Moon Series will be set entirely on Melemele (for logistical reasons)
  2. That Ash progress very slowly (Think the period between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore but longer) if at all (Not like there is currently a league at this point)
  3. And that this gonna be more Slice of Life the the usual genre for the anime. (And that nearly every single episode would be "filler"), of and despite that, everyone not named Ash or Kiawe winds up with Ice, Electric, Water and Grass-type Z-crystals.
  4. As a counterpoint, the whole Trial plot will be put on the backburner, yes...but will instead be saved as the postscript, likely saved for when Gen 8's announced and the Aether Foundation subplot is resolved.
So far I haven't been proven wrong yet. Ash is still on Melemele, got only 2 Z-crystals and the overall feel is episodic. That Ash is enrolled at a school currently and that Pokemon now has a recent competitor (though in fairness. neither Digimon or Yo-kai Watch were "Gotta Catch 'em all" series, but the fact that Sun and Moon decided to be closer to the latter than previous Pokemon series is rather telling) respectably plays a logistical and meta part in this.

Frankly. I'm gonna assume the "worse"

1. That the Sun and Moon Series will be set entirely on Melemele (for logistical reasons)

No reason to assume this as Ash has already visited Akala. Plus the anime is supposed to be advertisement, so it'd be doing a terrible advertising the games if they stayed on Melemele for the whole series.

As a counterpoint, the whole Trial plot will be put on the backburner, yes...but will instead be saved as the postscript, likely saved for when Gen 8's announced and the Aether Foundation subplot is resolved.

It's been on the backburner since the beginning. The premise they used to advertise the show was the Pokemon School. They wouldn't just drop their main selling point halfway through.

And as for the "episodic" feel, that's nothing new. The anime has always been primarily episodic.

XY was "episodic" until XYZ started. There was no overarching plot until nearly 90 episodes in.

No reason to assume this as Ash has already visited Akala. Plus the anime is supposed to be advertisement, so it'd be doing a terrible advertising the games if they stayed on Melemele for the whole series.

Well, that's probably what's going to happen, I'm sorry to say. Until there is another arc/season in this series, Ash is going to be on Melemele Island, as that is a huge part of this series. With the other Island challenges, he will probably just visit the islands when he takes them and then go back home until he hears about the next one and decides to go there.

Well, that's probably what's going to happen, I'm sorry to say. Until there is another arc/season in this series, Ash is going to be on Melemele Island, as that is a huge part of this series. With the other Island challenges, he will probably just visit the islands when he takes them and then go back home until he hears about the next one and decides to go there.

Why do people automatically assume that he'll go home? He could easily stay with his friends on other islands (idk about Poni Island, but when the time comes for it, we'll be having some plot). I think he could stay at Kiawe's farm for Akala.

Ilima and most Elite Four members says hi.
XY was "episodic" until XYZ started. There was no overarching plot until nearly 90 episodes in.
Pokemon League is an overarching plot.
He could easily stay with his friends on other islands (idk about Poni Island, but when the time comes for it, we'll be having some plot). I think he could stay at Kiawe's farm for Akala.
But why?

Why do people automatically assume that he'll go home? He could easily stay with his friends on other islands (idk about Poni Island, but when the time comes for it, we'll be having some plot). I think he could stay at Kiawe's farm for Akala.
Well that is certainly possible, but with how much of an important location that they have made Melemele Island, the Pokemon School is there, Professor Kukui lives there, Sophocles lives there, Lana lives there, Lillie lives there, Mallow lives there, Bewear lives there and Team Rocket's secret base is also there, I don't see them moving Ash to another island while he does an Island challenge, that probably won't take that long to accomplish. Especially when the only need for Ash to go to Melemele Island is to go to the Pokemon School and it isn't shown all that much. Plus I think they've made Ash living with Professor Kukui as an important part of the series also and who can Ash stay with on the other islands?

Yeah, Ash is not going anywhere. At best they might use the movie as an excuse to bring back Ash's Charizard again, so Ash uses his own instead of borrowing Kiawe's.

Back on topic, it sounds like a decent plot, but I would place it after an important episode instead of in the middle of an (apparently) filler arc.

New summary:

June 15th: SM30 - Lillie, Take Good Care of Pikachu

It's been decided that everyone will trade Partner Pokémon as part of a class at the Pokémon School. Ash's Pikachu ends up spending time at Lillie's house!

So, indeed, Lillie is looking after Pikachu. The whole class is trading Pokemon, but the episode will focus on Lillie and Pikachu.

Lillie eps are usually nice (too bad the dub gave her such an awful voice).

But everyone swapping pokes sounds like a hoot! :D

I would assume that if Lillie has Pikachu, Ash would get Shiron. Just because its less complicated to completely shuffle the class' Pokemon.
Also, in a typical school setting, trading between two people makes sense because they can share their experiences between just them as opposed to going around the whole class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom