• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM031: Lychee Appears! Laugh and Cry, Island Queen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm generally not fond of the anime's party changes for game characters but I think Midday fits Olivia better than Midnight so I'm okay with this change.

If Gladion has Midnight Lycanroc and Olivia has Midday Lycanroc… would that mean that Professor Kukui may not have a Lycanroc and may not be the Champion?

Kukui's not really the champion in the games. He only battles the player after they beat the Elite Four because that's how it's done in Kanto and he apparently really loves Kanto. No other reason for it. He even calls the player Alola's first-ever champion. And since Ash lives with him in the anime, having Kukui suddenly unveil a champion-level team would really strain credulity for me.

I'm not really upset about Team Rocket not appearing because I think way too often they just serve as a generic obstacle for the character of the day to defeat and I don't really like them in that role.

I think it would be Twilight based off how the other two are also based off times of day and Twilight is between the.
Well, at first I thought it would be called early morning or morning form because they were specific about the time of day.

But that's just kinda silly. Twilight sounds better. Never thought I would be saying that.

Here is a new image from the episode.

oNRbPvp.png

Here is a new image from the episode.

oNRbPvp.png

one thing i can say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MY HEART IS SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pokenchi Preview
- Ash runs and Rotom Pokedex calls out to him as he does.
- Olivia introduces herself to Professor Kukui's class at the Pokemon School.
- Ash and his classmates have some sort of object on each of their desks.
- Olivia talks about Akala Island to the class.
- Olivia falls over as Ash and his classmates look on in worry.
- Olivia cries and then pulls a face which makes Ash' Pikachu confused.
- Olivia commands her Midday Form Lycanroc.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1sXYWcVRyI

Hm, I wonder...are they finally moving to a different island for a longer term, or is it just for a couple or so episodes?

Yeah Akala is probably the summer arc they usually do at least once.

Wasn't Hano Beach mentioned in some preview? Could it be where the class is staying?

Yeah Akala is probably the summer arc they usually do at least once.

Wasn't Hano Beach mentioned in some preview? Could it be where the class is staying?
Yeah, the first preview, where Nurse Joy was talking to her Pokemon, but some narrations in the Sun and Moon previews are either non/canon and/or don't have anything to do with the plot of the episode, but I could see them going there in the episode. And speaking of Nurse Joy, I guess this means that Ash might see the Nurse Joy on Akala Island or one of the Nurse Joy's and he might assume it's the same one that he's seen on Melemele Island multiple times. I hope he does continue this trend.

And speaking of Nurse Joy, I guess this means that Ash might see the Nurse Joy on Akala Island or one of the Nurse Joy's and he might assume it's the same one that he's seen on Melemele Island multiple times. I hope he does continue this trend.
Or... Could they (for the first time ever) look different from one another?!

Nah. Who am I trying to kid?

Here are some new bits of information on the episode, which Dephender translated. There are also new episodes of the episode.

oX8bRP1.png

Secret Info 6: Ash & Pikachu Arrive at Akala Island!!
The adventures in the anime TV series are set in the Alola region! Ash and the others enter a new island!

Akala Island is hot stuff!
Akala Island has a brightly burning volcano on it. What kinds of encounters will take place there?

The island's guardian deity is Tapu Lele!!
A rare Pokémon said to govern life!

Enter Island Kahuna Olivia!!
Ash's opponent in the Island challenge he'll be attempting! She uses Rock type Pokémon!
What is her partner Lycanronc capable of?!

Oha Suta Preview
- Ash, Kiawe and Sophocles wave goodbye to someone or some people as they and Mallow travel on a boat.
- Olivia kisses a Tauros on its nose.
- Ash, Ash's Pikachu and Olivia all go swimming underwater.
- Ash and Olivia try to move a Wailmer that has a blue glow around it.
- Ash's classmates all looked worried/shocked as the sky above them looks dark and cloudy.
- A Bruxish is underwater as rocks fall past it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA0EQrTQjH8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom