• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM031: Lychee Appears! Laugh and Cry, Island Queen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rath

Reaction score
SM031: Enter Olivia! Cry and Laugh, Island Kahuna!!
Airs: June 22nd

Ash and the others have had to go to Akala Island for a Pokémon School class. There, they meet the Island Kahuna Olivia, who's accompanied by her Lycanroc!!

Credit goes to Dephender

Now people who's whining, crying, and getting upset can finally calm down since Ash and his friends are going to Akala island again.

Well, well, well. What did I say? That the school premise was going to stick and Ash's little class isn't going to be disbanded? That Ash going to Akala Island doesn't mean class is somehow over?

Well, well, well. What did I say? That the school premise was going to stick and Ash's little class isn't going to be disbanded? That Ash going to Akala Island doesn't mean class is somehow over?
I think it's just a temporary visit.

Well. i'm glad that we're finally moving on to akala island!

I wonder if we're going to spend 30+ episodes on each island? At least the plot is starting to move forward and that is always a good thing.

How ironic that one of the fake titles actually half-guessed a real episode, both with Olivia appearing and the gang most likely being in a temporary trip to Akala.

Finally some progress, at least. They took their sweetest time ever, though, and I can't simply pretend that the horrid pacing will be wiped away by this news. I sincerely hope they will actually make up for this horribly long gap in some way, maybe by quickening some things up and letting whatever plot they have in mind finally roll.

They had their fun with all those random activities, now it's time for some actual business.

Really was hoping her main Pokemon would be Nosepass/Probopass and not another freaking Lycanroc. Guess we can't have everything :whistle:

Funny how the fake title was right about this one. (RIP Ilima) Wonder how many episodes they will stay in Akala in a row, or will they just go home for the night between the episodes.

Based off the games I don't expect anyone apart from Ash, Gladion, and maybe Kukui to show Lycanroc off after Olivia's battle with Ash. Though I do think Lycanroc could be Ash's ace this region but at this point it could be Incineroar or even Decidueye instead.

What goes around comes around and somehow Akala Island came back around. What a surprise.

Also is it me or is Lycranroc gonna be the Charizard of this series?

Lycanroc is the Charizard of this series, Midday form being Mega Charizard X, and Midnight being Mega Charizard Y (but Lycanroc Midnight recieved much, much, much better treatment than MegaCharY ever got.

Not exactly correct considering in Gen VI Charizard X appeared more than Y while this Generation Midnight is appearing more than Midday, well if you discount how just being Ash's will automatically mean it will be in alot of episodes, with it belonging to Cross, Olivia, and Gladion as well as being one of the stars of TCG card set.

SO excited for Olivia! But also getting really sick of Lycanroc. I was hoping this wouldn't be a series where one specific Pokémon was getting shoved down our throats.

I know people are kinda of sick with Lycanroc, but Olivia has always had Lycanroc as her ace in the games, the ones in episode 15 were used to show both evolution and inspire Rockruff, and Gladion's will obviously be used to be a rival to Ash's Lycanroc, the only appearance I would complain about is Cross' in the movie with Incineroar being enough Gen VII promotion for him in my opinion.

Lycanroc is the Charizard of this series, Midday form being Mega Charizard X, and Midnight being Mega Charizard Y (but Lycanroc Midnight recieved much, much, much better treatment than MegaCharY ever got.

You got 'em backwards, Midnight is X, and Midday is Y.

The comparison kinda falls apart when the less seen Pokemon will likely be owned by Ash so its likely to be a least a decent battler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom