• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM032: Treasure Found! Mooland Search!!

The Suiren Z-ring question is now solved, and very nicely too!

I loved best of all Lillie's scream in the first half of the episode. I want that girl to have more opportunities at being funny.

So if Lilie is going take so long to overcome her fear for each pokémon it will come boring

There are better ways to give a Z-ring but that is my opinion. Aloloan geodude was cool

Herdier was featured in the today's Dare Da?, not Stoutland. And yes, Lana finds a random Z-ring which surprised me a bit. I guess Lana won't ask Olivia to get one anymore. Today they actually aired Poke Problem with Ash being the host with a question "What Pokemon am I going to catch in this episode?" There were 4, 1. Alolan Geodude, 2. Alolan Rattata 3. Alolan Exeggutor and 4. Alolan Muk, the answer was Alolan Geodude.

Last edited:
Another one for the boring books this time around... Is it me or am I starting to enjoy Sun & Moon less than I was since the first ep? Taken so long for me to realise it's starting to dip a bit.

Oh well at least Lana can go home happy knowing she has a Z ring now.

Another one for the boring books this time around... Is it me or am I starting to enjoy Sun & Moon less than I was since the first ep? Taken so long for me to realise it's starting to dip a bit.

Oh well at least Lana can go home happy knowing she has a Z ring now.
It wasn't boring to me at all, it was just, uh, less boring. Alolan Geodude was awesome. What this show needs is more battle and less comedy!

I enjoyed it 6/10, I enjoyed the little battle Ash had with Geodude, seeing Lillie trying to overcome her fear of Stoutland and not have it gone by accidentally touching it but by not giving up until she touched it, frankly for an episode thats meant to be about Lana I enjoyed more of the other characters stuff though I did enjoy the battle against Garbodor.

It is time for me to discuss things I have seen so far in this episode.

Good things I liked were:
*Lillie overcoming her fear of touching Stoutland.
*Lana finding a random Z-ring under the rock.
*Stoutland taking off Ash pants.
*Alolan Geodude was amazing.
*Kiawe finding random Pokemon fossils and evolution stones.
*No team rocket interrupting.

Bad things I hate them most here were:

*Ash failing at catching an Alolan Geodude.
*Charjabug being absent.
*Mallow seeing Ash's underwear.

Overall, I would rate this episode 7/10. Good enough, but less boring than everyone discusses it would be.

Forgot to mention how much I enjoyed Suiren's characterisation here. For someone billed to be another bog-standard quiet girl, she has certainly demonstrated a lot of strength of character so far. Really looking forward to seeing her next episode.

I think I've worked out that the thing which is starting to irk me now is the division of screentime in these whole-gang-appears-and-splits-up-to-have-individual-adventures episodes. Every time I get invested in what one of the kids is up to it changes to show another one and very few of the scenes have any depth to them. Weird as the concept is to Pokemon, I'm feeling that the episodes with just a few of the kids work a bit better on the whole.

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Stoutland more, but this episode nailed it. I like that they gave some of them all different personalities, but those personalities were awful. Ash's was gross and annoying, Lana's was a massive jerk (and saving her from Garbagemon did not make up for that), Lillie's was a minor jerk, and the other three were just boring.

And for a Lana episode, this episode didn't give her nearly enough focus. Sure she got a sparkling stone and possibly later a Z-Ring out of this, but that's it. Instead of giving so much time to Ash and his pointless shards, they should have been showing Lana struggling with her jerk mutt. Her entire situation just felt rushed and forced.

Now for the things I liked: I liked how Lillie's hair was styled in this episode, but I didn't like how they made her entire segment a joke about how long it took her to simply get on Stoutland (when they could have been focusing on Lana). I liked that Kiawe found two fossils, but I just wonder if he's gonna keep them. I thought it was sweet that Popplio tried sniffing out treasure for Lana when Stoutland wouldn't. And Togedemaru playing with Stoutland's mustache was cute.

So as a Lana episode, this failed, which sucks since she really needed one. As an episode in general, it was just decent. 5/10.

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate Stoutland more, but this episode nailed it. I like that they gave some of them all different personalities, but those personalities were awful. Ash's was gross and annoying, Lana's was a massive jerk (and saving her from Garbagemon did not make up for that), Lillie's was a minor jerk, and the other three were just boring.

And for a Lana episode, this episode didn't give her nearly enough focus. Sure she got a sparkling stone and possibly later a Z-Ring out of this, but that's it. Instead of giving so much time to Ash and his pointless shards, they should have been showing Lana struggling with her jerk mutt. Her entire situation just felt rushed and forced.

Now for the things I liked: I liked how Lillie's hair was styled in this episode, but I didn't like how they made her entire segment a joke about how long it took her to simply get on Stoutland (when they could have been focusing on Lana). I liked that Kiawe found two fossils, but I just wonder if he's gonna keep them. I thought it was sweet that Popplio tried sniffing out treasure for Lana when Stoutland wouldn't. And Togedemaru playing with Stoutland's mustache was cute.

So as a Lana episode, this failed, which sucks since she really needed one. As an episode in general, it was just decent. 5/10.
Just wait for another episode, it's gonna be great than this one! I'm sure Lana's next episode will be great, or else the ratings will go down and cancel the show. We need more focus on one character, not the entire group one scene after another, this is boring! At this rate, the ratings of this show will slowly dip to zero, causing it to cancel without any awesome battles and more developments.

Just wait for another episode, it's gonna be great than this one! I'm sure Lana's next episode will be great, or else the ratings will go down and cancel the show.
We all know that won't happen, beside I'm pretty sure TPC cares more about the money they make from the merchandise related to the show than the ratings of the show.

We all know that won't happen, beside I'm pretty sure TPC cares more about the money they make from the merchandise related to the show than the ratings of the show.
Good point. Why don't those writers make episodes less boring and more interesting than that dull treasure hunting episode? The next episode is gonna be great, I would say. But there were some episodes that did well, remember? Like the emotional one with Litten, or Rockruff Fight Club episode.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom