• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM033: Yowashi the Powerhouse, Leader of the Lake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn

Reaction score
The students at the Pokémon School are greatly enjoying their Akala Island classes. Satoshi goes with Suiren to a lake where it's said you can fish the "Lord of the Lake". Suiren gets a big bite the instant she throws out the line, but because it's so big, it's not very easy to reel in.

Airs July 6th

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Translation credit goes to Adamant.

Looks like that Lana might catch a Wishiwashy in this episode. :)

I don't think she will catch a Wishi-Washi because it can't operate on land and its probably a Totem Pokemon which would be weird to catch, I do think Lana will get a Waterium-Z though considering Ash doesn't have a Pokemon able to use it and the only Pokemon that can seem to be more fitting for other characters to capture and theirs how interested Lana was in the Water Z-Move in episode 25.

So it seems like at the very least, Totem Wishiwashi will be appearing here. But will they be officially doing the Trial? Will they do the Totem battle correct this time? Will they have Lana obtain the Waterium-Z instead of Ash since he doesn't have a Pokemon with a water-type move while she does? So many questions and I'm interested what the answers will be.

Please don't screw up this Trial anime staff :unsure:

I guess this will be the anime equivalent "Suiren's trial".

Last edited:
Yesssssssssssss Suiren my best gal and Yowashi my best Alola fishy! Lord of the Lake is such an awesome title. Hope Suiren challenges & wins H20 Z crystal so Ashimari can be even more awesome...

The anime is so random, but I'm happy to see the storyline moving forward. It's going to be interesting to see how this "trial" is handled if that is indeed what will occur here.

Intresting how it says "enjoying their Akalla classes", are they perhaps staying on Akala? What does that mean for Team Rocket who live in a base on Melemele island?

I suppose Team Rocket getting a Z-Crystal makes it more likely that Lanna could get one. We also know that their are anime exclusive trials like the one Raticate guraded, which was seperate from Verdant Court.

Intresting how it says "enjoying their Akalla classes", are they perhaps staying on Akala? What does that mean for Team Rocket who live in a base on Melemele island?

I suppose Team Rocket getting a Z-Crystal makes it more likely that Lanna could get one. We also know that their are anime exclusive trials like the one Raticate guraded, which was seperate from Verdant Court.
Probably for the time being, or they go back and forth regularly. The only other option is that SM031-SM033 all take place in one day, which I think we can all agree, is not the case.

Also, that thing in SM025 wasn't a trial, it was just a case of a Z-Crystal being stuck in a rock, and some Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate and a Totem Alolan Raticate living near it. If Team Rocket or those Team Skull Grunts defeated it, I doubt the Totem Alolan Raticate would have handed the Darkinium Z over.

Based off the summary I sorely doubt anything but a Totem battle with Wishi-Washi will occur never mind a capture.

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

JqH4I6K.png

Ash goes with Lana to fish at a lake where it's said you can fish a super big fish called the Leader of the Lake.

But what if Ash beats a Totem Wishiwashi and then receives a Waterium-Z from it after cleaning its challenge and realized he doesn't have any water type Pokemon with him to perform this Z-move? The only problem is what will Ash do with a Waterium-Z after this trial. Perhaps he would give it to Lana so she can perform this Z-move with Popllio because she was interested on Z-crystals back then, or he would ather catch a water-type so he can perform this move instead.

Based off how it mentions Lana is the one who fish's up the Wishi-Washi and how Ash won't have a water type then, I think Lana will be the one who will do the trial and Ash might help, then once the Wishi-Washi is beaten it will give Lana the Waterium-Z. The lack of a Z-Ring could easily be solved by Olivia, considering it was shown that the Kahuna's are the ones who makes and give out the Z-Ring's and with Olivia being with them on Akala it would be easy for Olivia to give Lana one when she sees her Waterium-Z.

Last edited:
Based off how it mentions Lana is the one who fish's up the Wishi-Washi and how Ash won't have a water type then, I think Lana will be the one who will do the trial and Ash might help, then once the Wishi-Washi is beaten it will give Lana the Waterium-Z. The lack of a Z-Ring could easily be solved by Olivia, considering it was shown that the Kahuna's are the ones who makes and give out the Z-Ring's and with Olivia being with them on Akala it would be easy for Olivia to give Lana one when she sees her Waterium-Z.
That's the point. I think Lana deserves a Z-ring after all.

Perhaps he would give it to Lana so she can perform this Z-move with Popllio because she was interested on Z-crystals back then, or he would ather catch a water-type so he can perform this move instead.
You can't deserve it if you didn't win it yourself. That's why Satoshi is doing the island challenge after all.

Last edited:
You can't deserve it if you didn't win it yourself. That's why Satoshi is doing the challenge.
Ash never won the first Electrium Z and he didn't win the second one either, he won a Fightinium Z, but Tapu Koko swapped it out with another Electrium Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom