• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM035: A Beautiful Curry Battle! The Dance of Lalantes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM035: A Beautiful Curry Battle! The Dance of Rarantesu!!
Airs: July 27

Here is a summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

As part of an extracurricular lesson, Satoshi and the others are made to gather the ingredients for Akala Curry, a traditional Akala dish. They immediately join up with Mallow and start searching for the ingredients, but the task turns out to be less than easy when they encounter an herds of Diglett and Fomantis during their search.

Last edited:
Where is this from?
2ch and also, the summary mentions Ash and Mallow going off to get ingredients for the Akala Curry and then they come across Fomantis and Diglett.

Yep, the summary mentions "ディグタ". Although its spelt Digta, the only Pokemon that comes close is Digda, a.k.a, Diglett.

As part of an extracurricular lesson, Satoshi and the others are made to gather the ingredients for Alola Curry, a traditional Akalan dish. They immediately join up with Mao and start searching for the ingredients, but the task turns out to be less than easy when they encounter an herds of Digda and Karikiri during their search.

Screenplay 米村 正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 尼野 浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 仲野 良 (Ryo Nakano)
Animation Director 伊藤 典子 (Noriko Ito)

From Dephender

Just remembered Diglett Tunnel so that probably explains their involvement

Well, here's a Poke folks have been waiting for.

This should be fun :D

And hey, some Mallow focus!

Yeah there was some merch a while back that showed the gang's Pokemon using Z-Moves, and Rowlet was using Bloom Doom.

AtYqZGA.jpg

So Ash likely gets a Grassium Z for Rowlet.

Same summary with credits:
Adamant said:
As part of an extracurricular lesson, Satoshi and the others are made to gather the ingredients for Alola Curry, a traditional Akalan dish. They immediately join up with Mao and start searching for the ingredients, but the task turns out to be less than easy when they encounter an herds of Digda and Karikiri during their search.

Screenplay 米村 正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 尼野 浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 仲野 良 (Ryo Nakano)
Animation Director 伊藤 典子 (Noriko Ito)
July 27th: SM35 - A Curry-zy Beautiful Battle! The Dance of Rarantes!!

Yep, the summary mentions "ディグタ". Although its spelt Digta, the only Pokemon that comes close is Digda, a.k.a, Diglett.
K so... this one has fomantis, but the one Dephender translated on serebii has lurantis.

If it is lurantis, then i'm going to assume this is the trial, which means we might be getting totem lurantis.

So it seems we're getting back, to back, to back trials with marowak, lurantis, and then the grand trial with olivia.

What the heck? Why are we rushing through these trials? Does this mean we're going to be getting another 30 episodes of ash doing nothing before he moves on to ula ula?

K so... this one has fomantis, but the one Dephender translated on serebii has lurantis.

If it is lurantis, then i'm going to assume this is the trial, which means we might be getting totem lurantis.

So it seems we're getting back, to back, to back trials with marowak, lurantis, and then the grand trial with olivia.

What the heck? Why are we rushing through these trials? Does this mean we're going to be getting another 30 episodes of ash doing nothing before he moves on to ula ula?

Maybe some plot-related stuff involving Lillie.

Doesn't the Aether Foundation and UB-01 happen after the Akala Grand Trial.

It's both. Lurantis is in the title and is the Totem Pokemon, as shown in the opening, but Fomantis and Diglett will also appear, as stated in the summary.

Last edited:
Karikiri is Fomantis, Lurantis is only appear in the name. So, they both will appear.
Their stay in Akala is a temporary thing, they need to get back to their homes in Melemele.

Their stay in Akala is a temporary thing, they need to get back to their homes in Melemele.
Okay, but that still doesn't discredit my theory. In fact it adds on to it.

If they're going back home to melemele, since ash already beat the grand trial there then they're almost definitely going to have 20 more episodes of screwing around.

The pacing is all out of wack for this series. And as of right now, they're setting it up to look like ash is going to go back to melemele for a while before progressing with the story.

Okay, but that still doesn't discredit my theory. In fact it adds on to it.

If they're going back home to melemele, since ash already beat the grand trial there then they're almost definitely going to have 20 more episodes of screwing around.

The pacing is all out of wack for this series. And as of right now, they're setting it up to look like ash is going to go back to melemele for a while before progressing with the story.

Ultra Sun/Moon is coming out in November and we still know nothing about it, so that might play a part in the pacing.

Lurantis already? Geez, the Wishiwashi battle is only 2 episodes before this, and Salazzle is nowhere to be seen (I seriously hope that doesn't mean what I think it means). I wanted Ash to get on with the Akala Trials, but I didn't want him to rush through them. :(

Lurantis already? Geez, the Wishiwashi battle is only 2 episodes before this, and Salazzle is nowhere to be seen (I seriously hope that doesn't mean what I think it means). I wanted Ash to get on with the Akala Trials, but I didn't want him to rush through them. :(
Like i've been saying. It's setting him up to rush through the trials, then do nothing of story relevance for another 20 episodes before moving on to ula'ula.

That seems to be the formula for this show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom