• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM035: A Beautiful Curry Battle! The Dance of Lalantes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure Satoshi will somehow get Grassium Z.

Well, this would somewhat help me getting into this episode, I suppose. Bloom Doom has the potential to be a neat move to use. However, knowing this saga, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to throw a curveball and Ash got the Grassium Z some time before this episode.

Okay, but that still doesn't discredit my theory. In fact it adds on to it.

If they're going back home to melemele, since ash already beat the grand trial there then they're almost definitely going to have 20 more episodes of screwing around.

The pacing is all out of wack for this series. And as of right now, they're setting it up to look like ash is going to go back to melemele for a while before progressing with the story.

Like i've been saying. It's setting him up to rush through the trials, then do nothing of story relevance for another 20 episodes before moving on to ula'ula.

That seems to be the formula for this show

Yes, but in other series, the " screwing around" episodes happened when ash was walking to the different cities before he challenged a gym.

So...in a sense those filler episodes were needed. In this series however, ash literally beat everything he needed to on melemele, yet he's still stuck there for 20 more episodes....why?

Was it because this series wants to live up to it's "slice of life" genre? Seriously, what was the purpose of having him on one island for so long?

And with the way things are going, with them rushing through the akala island trials like this, they're leading us to believe he's going to go BACK to melemele.

Ok, I've been a lurker and joined days ago but didn't plan on posting cuz my username is kinda crappy but I don't agree with you on this idea that they've "been screwing around for 20 episodes" so let's do a quick recap of what happened between the episode Ash defeated Hala and the introduction of Olivia:

-Ash visits Akala island for the first time and meets Kiawe's family
-James catches Mareanie
-Komala is revealed to belong to Samson Oak
-Lillie gets Shiron
-Ash catches Rockruff
-Mallow's Bounsweet evolves
-Ash has a rematch against Tapu Koko
-Ash sees the guardian deity Tapu Lele
-Ash catches Litten
-Litten learns fire fang
-Delia returns
-Team Rocket obtain the Darkinium Z
-Sophocles catches a Charjabug
-Gladio debuts
-Lillie wins her first battle and overcome her fear of Pikachu

These are the things I remember on top of my head that happened... stuff HAPPENED just like EVERY other gap between gyms in previous sagas from AG to DP to BW to XY, you have the right to hate/dislike the SM anime but it's wrong to spread LIES and falsehoods and apply them as facts, it looks like the fake news/post-truth virus is spreading to this fandom, ugh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I've been a lurker and joined days ago but didn't plan on posting cuz my username is kinda crappy but I don't agree with you on this idea that they've "been screwing around for 20 episodes" so let's do a quick recap of what happened between the episode Ash defeated Hala and the introduction of Olivia:

-James catches Mareanie
-Lillie gets Shiron
-Ash catches Rockruff
-Ash catches Litten
-Litten learns fire fang
-Delia returns
-Gladio debuts

These are the things I remember on top of my head that happened... stuff HAPPENED just like EVERY other gap between gyms in previous sagas from AG to DP to BW to XY, you have the right to hate/dislike the SM anime but it's wrong to spread LIES and falsehoods and apply them as facts, it looks like the fake news/post-truth virus is spreading to this fandom, ugh...
K, two can play at this game. Let's recap all the useless stuff they did shall we?

- The pancake race. What was the purpose of it? The only thing redeemable about it was snowy hatching. But 10 seconds of something important happening doesn't save the episode. Sorry.

- The dugtrio concert. Tell me, what was the whole point of that episode? Go ahead...i'll wait.

-The camping episode with morelull. It wasn't a capture episode. It wasn't a battling episode. It was just a pointless episode to show off pokemon. Wasted potential.

So yes they WERE screwing around. Also, I like how you intentionally cherry-picked all the important moments and conveniently left out all these to get your point across.

If you're just going to attack me and call me annoying, then i would just go right back to lurking dude.

I'm not going to get in trouble again just because some random newbie literally came out of nowhere and started attacking me.

You have every right to like this anime, but don't go spreading lies and falsehoods about how they weren't screwing around when clearly in about 4-5 of those episodes they obviously were.

-James catches Mareanie
-Lillie gets Shiron
-Ash catches Rockruff
-Ash catches Litten
-Litten learns fire fang
-Delia returns
-Gladio debuts

You also forgot Rotom gained two new functions.

- The pancake race. What was the purpose of it? The only thing redeemable about it was snowy hatching. But 10 seconds of something important happening doesn't save the episode. Sorry.

Wasn't Komala revealed to belong to Samson Oak in that episode?

- The dugtrio concert. Tell me, what was the whole point of that episode? Go ahead...i'll wait.

Rotom gained a new function in that episode.

So yes they WERE screwing around. Also, I like how you intentionally cherry-picked all the important moments and conveniently left out all these to get your point across.

I mean... What's the problem with them having fun? They don't have to do something plot-important or reveal something in every single episode.

Rotom gained a new function in that episode.
WHAT? Rotom got a new function? Stop the presses everbody, rotom got a new function, it's now the best episode ever!!! Come on man....
I mean... What's the problem with them having fun? They don't have to do something plot-important or reveal something in every single episode.
And having fun with stuff non plot related is screwing around is it not? Sure it's fine and everything. But episodes that have nothing to do with the story is considered as "filler" and is screwing around.

WHAT? Rotom got a new function? Stop the presses everbody, rotom got a new function, it's now the best episode ever!!! Come on man....

And having fun with stuff non plot related is screwing around is it not? Sure it's fine and everything. But episodes that have nothing to do with the story is considered as "filler" and is screwing around.
Can we go back to talking about the episode instead of having all of us suffer from your rants?

Just as a reminder to everyone, as the thread has derailed slightly - please use this thread to discuss SM035; there are other threads in which users can discuss the plot progression of Sun and Moon as a whole. Thank you.

Totem Lurantis is so big and huge. I am excited to see it in the anime.

I just hope Mallow obtains a Grassinium-Z in this episode. I so want to see her and Steenee in action. Maybe they battle Totem Lurantis... maybe Mallow catches something (I wanted her catch a Morelull in SM029, but guess not!)... come on, writers, is this fanboy asking for too much? :cry:

EDIT: Just remembered Lurantis is not a female-only species... >.>

Last edited:
She doesn't seem like someone interested in battling and had no Z-Ring. It would make more sense to give it to Satoshi.
Yeah *sighs* I totally realise that. :( It's just...it's just a fervent wish of this Mallow fanboy that will never reach fruition, not with the current deal of things in the SM anime...

Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

btBpXbA.png

As part of an extracurricular lesson, Ash and his friends are made to gather the ingredients for "Akala Curry", a traditional Akala dish. They encounter all kinds of difficulties, but still somehow manage to gather the ingredients. And then a Lurantis shows up and challenges Ash to a battle.

Based off this new summary and a set of Jigsaw Puzzles for the anime that showed Rowlet using the Grass Z-Move as well as Popplio using the Water Z-Move among other Pokemon using Z-Moves, I think Ash will be the one to complete the Trial and get the Grass Z-Crystal and Mallow might get one of the Fomantis mentioned in the first summary.

Yeah Ash will probably be the one to get the Z-Crystal.

The jigsaw puzzles showed the following Pokemon using the following moves:

Pikachu (Ash): Catastropika
Rowlet (Ash): Bloom Doom
Togedemaru (Sophocles): Gigavolt Havoc
Litten (Ash): Inferno Overdrive
Popplio (Lana): Hydro Vortex
Rockruff (Ash): Continental Crush

And Kiawe already had his Firium at the start of the series, so that leaves Mallow and Lillie as the only two without Z-Rings or Crystals.

And Kiawe already had his Firium at the start of the series, so that leaves Mallow and Lillie as the only two without Z-Rings or Crystals.
You forgot Sophocles.

Here are some new bits of information on the episode, which Dephender translated. There are also some new images of the episode.

iSG0mTQ.png

3 super battles with the Pokémon on Akala Island!!
These are fights against Pokémon Ash has never seen before, fought together with Lana, Kiawe and Mallow!!

Battle 3: The fierce attack of a gigantic Lurantis!!
Ash and Mallow have gone into a forest to search for the ingredients for Akala Curry. But incredibly enough, it turns out it was the nest of a gigantic Lurantis!!

They were supposed to be searching for ingredients for Akala Curry, but...
- Mago Berry
- Revival Herb
- Miracle Seed

A battle between Lurantis and Ash!!
It's bigger than normal Lurantis, and its power is extraordinary! Can he win?!

This episode is planned to air Thursday July 27th!

Mallow focus.... BRING IT ON!

Though I have a feeling that this will not work accordingly, I actually hope that Mallow is the one battling the Totem Lurantis while Ash battles its allies.
Looks pretty dope to me, eh writers?

Mallow focus.... BRING IT ON!

Though I have a feeling that this will not work accordingly, I actually hope that Mallow is the one battling the Totem Lurantis while Ash battles its allies.
Looks pretty dope to me, eh writers?
It clearly says Ash will fight with a totem Lurantis, not Mallow. There is a hint of Ash's Rowlet using a Grassium-Z in the goods along with the other Pokemon.

It clearly says Ash will fight with a totem Lurantis, not Mallow. There is a hint of Ash's Rowlet using a Grassium-Z in the goods along with the other Pokemon.
But a part of the summary says, "fought together with Lana, Kiawe and Mallow." We know Lana fought the Totem Wishiwashi and Kiawe will fight the Alolan Marowak, so the only other Pokemon she could help fight would be the Lurantis.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that post. Sorry. :p

But a part of the summary says, "fought together with Lana, Kiawe and Mallow." We know Lana fought the Totem Wishiwashi and Kiawe will fight the Alolan Marowak, so the only other Pokemon she could help fight would be the Lurantis.
You bring up a good point. Though, it could be an ally of Lurantis she gets to battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom