• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM035: A Beautiful Curry Battle! The Dance of Lalantes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that I hope they do this battle right and have only Ash be the one to battle Totem Lurantis and its allies. But honestly, its way more likely that they're just going throw Mallow in the battle and put her on ally duty like Ash was to Lana against Wishiwashi. Meh... :( The only thing that would make me the slightest bit excited for this episode would be Ash using Litten to battle Lurantis. The poor kitty has barely done anything since being caught and needs some action more than any of his other team members.

I'm surprised honestly. Given how the Wishiwashi episode turned out and the new details on the Marowak episode, I thought Mallow would be the one to incredulously defeat Totem Lurantis and gain a Grassium Z. It seems Ash will do proper battle with at least one of Akala's Totem Pokemon :rolleyes:

I think the main reason they dont want Mallow to battle Lurantis is that she doesn't own a z-ring. Lana found a stone which Olivia molded into a ring for her, so it made sense to the writers to allow her to have a z-ring. Mallow on the other hand would have no way of using a z-crystal, so they wouldn't want to give her one.
(yes, i know Team Rocket doesn't have one either but I'm sure the writers don't want to do the same exact story line with mallow that they plan to do with the TRio)

Here is a new image of the episode.

fufpiT2.png

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Rowlet: Megumi Hayashibara

Litten: Chinami Nishimura

Turtonator: Kenta Miyake

Steenee: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Olivia: Miyuki Sawashiro

Lurantis: Risa Shimizu

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash has to make Akala Curry. He sets off together with Mallow to search for ingredients! But then a Lurantis shows up and suddenly challenges him to a battle. What will you do, Ash...?

Ash and Mallow have to search for three ingredients in order to make the Akala dish: Akala Curry. Even though Fomantis and Diglett get in their way, they still somehow manage to gather all three. But then a Lurantis shows up and Ash has to battle it!! Will he manage to safely make it back to eat the delicious curry?

Last edited:
Another one:
Adamant said:
Satoshi has to make Akala Curry. He sets off together with Mao to search for ingredients! But then a Rarantes shows up and suddenly challenges him to a battle. What will you do, Satoshi...?

Summary:
Satoshi and Mao have to search for three ingredients in order to make the Akalan dish Akala Curry. Even though Karikiri and Digda get in their way, they still somehow manage to gather all three. But then a Rarantes shows up and Satoshi has to battle it!! Will he manage to safely make it back to eat the delicious curry?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Chika Fujimura: Amamaiko
Chinami Nishimura: Nyabby
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Miyuki Sawashiro: Lychee
Risa Shimizu: Rarantes
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Viewing Thread - Pocketmonsters.Net

Satoshi has to make Akala Curry. He sets off together with Mao to search for ingredients! But then a Rarantes shows up and suddenly challenges him to a battle. What will you do, Satoshi...?

Summary:
Satoshi and Mao have to search for three ingredients in order to make the Akalan dish Akala Curry. Even though Karikiri and Digda get in their way, they still somehow manage to gather all three. But then a Rarantes shows up and Satoshi has to battle it!! Will he manage to safely make it back to eat the delicious curry?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Chika Fujimura: Amamaiko
Chinami Nishimura: Nyabby
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Miyuki Sawashiro: Lychee
Risa Shimizu: Rarantes
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

Summary sounds nice. Glad to have Mallow as the episode star (finally!). It's a good thing we can learn more about Alola- it's more interesting region than i used to think.

Preview
- Olivia holds up some cards with ingredients on them.
- Ash and Mallow come across some Fomantis and a Parasect.
- An ally Castform changes into its Sunny Form.
- Ash tries to get Rowlet to battle.
- Ash's Litten uses Fire Fang.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERKI-Rs0N8

Last edited:
I'm actually really happy we get to see Castform. That's not a Pokemon you see a whole lot in the anime. Actually, that's not a Pokemon people pay much attention to in general.
Yeah, it hasn't appeared since AG. I assume Mallow will battle it, and since it will turn into the Sunny Form, there's a good chance there will be harsh sunlight, so maybe it could activate an ability?

Alright, not only do we get Litten battling Totem Lurantis, but the ally Castform is there too. Now just keep Mallow out of the battle and make it a solid 2 vs 1, and this episode might be good.

So does the Rocket trio just not fucking exist anymore or what?
They're jumping in the pit of obscurity because the writers can't figure out how to give them proper screentime/roles in these episodes anymore.

Their Darkium Z is the last thing keeping them relevant, but even that hasn't been brought up in 10 episodes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom