• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM037: Iwanko and the Guardian Deity of the Ruins of Life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eclipse seems unlike considering an Eclispes requires both the Sun and Moon out and the Sun is setting there, but Twilight is the time between dawn and sunrise or between sunset and dusk so it could be that.

I think Eclipse could work precisely for the fact that the Moon and the Sun are out together. If Midday is obtained by being bathed in sunlight and Midnight is obtained by being bathed in moonlight, what happens when there are both sunlight and moonlight at the same time?

I have nothing against a potential Twilight forme, though.

Considering they've put in a shot of the sun setting into the horizon by the sea and the evolution seems to be occurring at that time, I would say - with both Midday and Midnight Form present as well, they're probably angling for a form that is probably sunset or twilight form (since both represent the time of day). I would consider eclipse to only be the case if the moon and sun in the sky was in an eclipse, as opposed to the presence of the two forms, but I could be wrong. Either way, seems to be hinting at a form that isn't either of those.

Really great to see both Gladion and Type: Null in action, as well as them being in the Ruins of Life - I hope we get a hint as to why that is from the anime, and hopefully, this sets up the foundations for Aether Foundation as well as Type:Null's backstory. It's shaping up to be interesting episode to look forward to, to say the least.

So much seems to be happening in this episode. Tapu Lele, Gladion returns with Type: Null, Rockluff seems to be evolving, potentially the debut or the reveal of a new form.
Considering the games wouldn't it make far more sense if a third form would just simply be a Morning Form?

I can't help but think of "The Great Gatsby" during that preview, when Ash and Rockruff look at that green sunset. I hope Ash's other Pokemon on hand and his classmates' Pokemon also help out to search for Rockruff. It would be nice to hear them call out for it, even Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, who hasn't even interacted yet on screen. And that would help to show that they bond off-screen.

I can't help but think of "The Great Gatsby" during that preview, when Ash and Rockruff look at that green sunset. I hope Ash's other Pokemon on hand and his classmates' Pokemon also help out to search for Rockruff. It would be nice to hear them call out for it, even Pokemon like Alolan Marowak, who hasn't even interacted yet on screen. And that would help to show that they bond off-screen.
You know, Sophocles' Charjabug was seen during the sponsor cm. I think Kiawe's Marowak might appear in this episode.

You know, Sophocles' Charjabug was seen during the sponsor cm. I think Kiawe's Marowak might appear in this episode.
I'd love to see Charjabug search for it. This is how I imagine it'd search.

Charjabug *says nothing* *crawls a few inches* *says nothing* *crawls a few more inches* *says nothing*

If Ash's Rockruff evolves into the new form soon, I wonder what it's going to look like.

Adamant said:
Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 神谷純 (Jun Kamiya)
Episode Director 渡辺正彦 (Masahiko Watanabe)
Animation Director 直井由紀 (Yuki Naoi)
Animation Director 夏目久仁彦 (Kunihiko Natsume)

It's official, Ash's Rockruff is going to evolve into the new dusk form Lycanroc, our cute little puppy Pokemon is growing up. :)

The evolution taking place right during the green flash phenomenon is pretty clever.

Cool new form, but how will they carry on with the ending theme Pose? They are not gonna add Lycanroc here along with Professor Kukui, right? How about adding Rotom Pokedex in Rockruff's place, huh?

1080p preview.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpoEbZODZ9Y

Pikachu and Litten are becoming like each other and I'm a bit surprised Litten didn't seem to mind that it bumped into Pikahcu. It must be really worried about Rockruff. And I'm not going to lie, all of those Lycanroc howling at the same time is kind of scary out of context. It's like a pack of wolves before they feast.

Cool new form, but how will they carry on with the ending theme Pose? They are not gonna add Lycanroc here along with Professor Kukui, right? How about adding Rotom Pokedex in Rockruff's place, huh?
Eh...I guess they could add Rotom Dex, but it is more closely related to Ash than Professor Kukui than it is with Ash. Sure Rockruff is shown with Professor Kukui, but that was because he befriended it before Ash caught it. So now it will evolve, they're probably going to leave it as a Rockruff or just edit it out without replacing it, but that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom