• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM037: Iwanko and the Guardian Deity of the Ruins of Life!

Anyone know what the dealio was with gladion and type:null? Did they explain why he had it or just show a clip of him with it?

Anyone know what the dealio was with gladion and type:null? Did they explain why he had it or just show a clip of him with it?
I think he stole it from the Aether Foundation. He mentioned about it. But this is the place where Type: Null was created by Faba.

Also, Gladion said something like "It's no good outside, it's noon now. It's bad for whomever sees your appearance."

And I think Glaidon told his Pokemon, maybe just Lycanroc, "You can come back at night".

Maybe there was some hint that Rockruff was going to evolve as Lycanroc's Dusk Form before as Rockruff always go train secretly and nightime and fight Midnight Lycanroc?

This is a fun episode, not sure why people are hating it though. At least we got to see Tapu Lele do something other then flying by, and we have focus on Rockruff and it evolving into Dusk Lycanroc. I wish that all of Ash's friends get to see Rockruff evolving as well.

This was a fairly decent ep despite the fact we already knew what was gonna happen and what Rockruff would evolve to.

And with that our trip to Akala was over and it was...
rather disappointing, I must admit. Sure Lana got a Z ring, Kiawe got a new Alolan Pokémon, Ash whooped Olivia's ass and got Dusk Form of Lycanroc, but it all happened way too quckly and most of the trials were not done well to say the least. We did get a great battle with Olivia but it was too little, too late by then.

Anyways next week, welcome back to Melemele or as I like to call it Filler Land... but wait, it's a Team Rocket episode... focusing on Mimikyu. Get me a ticket, this I must see!

As someone who hates the Rockruff family, I already expected not to like this episode. However, I can say that Tapu Lele seriously made this episode a much better experience. Seeing her effortlessly beating the dogs while laughing was utterly hilarious. I love how playful Tapu Lele was and that she actually got enjoyment pummeling Rockruff and draining the Lycanroc and Ash of their health. I also loved how we saw Gladion again with Type: Null and in a Premier Ball :D. I really like that Gladion is keeping all of his Pokemon in varied PokeBall since that's what Sun/Moon is known for. I only wish they did it more with other random characters and the main cast. I did think it was kind of funny that Gladion just let his dog run off and went to tend to Type: Null instead of even trying to see where the werewolf was going. I also loved the scene of Litten and Pikachu nuzzling each other after search for Rockruff all night.

Anyway, the rest of this episode was pretty meh. Seeing most of the episode go to that annoying little mutt (who once again decided to attack Ash) wandering around was overall boring. The evolution was pretty at least, but I don't care all too much for this new form anyway. It was interesting that Ro-Dex didn't have any data on the Dusk form; I guess it really is super rare.

Lastly, I'm incredibly disappointed that the Akala Arc is truly over. Returning to Melemele is so sad after finally being able to get off of it. I'll especially miss Oliva. She was the best :cry:

Overall 4/10.

As someone who hates the Rockruff family, I already expected not to like this episode. However, I can say that Tapu Lele seriously made this episode a much better experience. Seeing her effortlessly beating the dogs while laughing was utterly hilarious. I love how playful Tapu Lele was and that she actually got enjoyment pummeling Rockruff and draining the Lycanroc and Ash of their health. I also loved how we saw Gladion again with Type: Null and in a Premier Ball :D. I really like that Gladion is keeping all of his Pokemon in varied PokeBall since that's what Sun/Moon is known for. I only wish they did it more with other random characters and the main cast. I did think it was kind of funny that Gladion just let his dog run off and went to tend to Type: Null instead of even trying to see where the werewolf was going. I also loved the scene of Litten and Pikachu nuzzling each other after search for Rockruff all night.

Anyway, the rest of this episode was pretty meh. Seeing most of the episode go to that annoying little mutt (who once again decided to attack Ash) wandering around was overall boring. The evolution was pretty at least, but I don't care all too much for this new form anyway. It was interesting that Ro-Dex didn't have any data on the Dusk form; I guess it really is super rare.

Lastly, I'm incredibly disappointed that the Akala Arc is truly over. Returning to Melemele is so sad after finally being able to get off of it. I'll especially miss Oliva. She was the best :cry:

Overall 4/10.
Can you change your rate to 6/10? 4/10 is sort of low.

Looks like everyone hates it and has their own opinion. But the part of evolution and Tapu Lele was true, so what's to hate? There in no stopping you changing your minds. The other episodes have good reviews and some bad. Is it because they are having the low budget so they look boring? At least the 20th movie used the same art style instead of that. This one had less funny face reactions and less comedy, so what's wrong with that? This was changed to target on the young audience. That's why everyone says that some episodes are filler and boring. And that's true.

Not all episodes need to be loved blindly, you know. Simply put, some episodes fall short because the plot is inconsistent, or because some things make little sense, or for other reasons.

In my case, I personally find it weird that Tapu Lele attacked the dogs and flung them around randomly with its Psychic and tackles. I mean, what was the purpose of that? Did it really need to beat up the dogs to trigger the unique evolution, or it simply did so for fun? The Pokédex entry may lead more toward the latter, but I still found that really weird.

Honestly, the only thing that interested me about this episode were Type:Null, Gladion and Dusk Lycanroc. The rest was really average, in my opinion.

Can you change your rate to 6/10? 4/10 is sort of low.

You can't force someone to change opinion. If Sakuraa deemed this episode a 4/10, then it is a 4/10 for her.

Seriously, there is absolutely nothing wrong if people don't like this specific episode as much as other episodes. Different episodes handled in different ways can have different ratings and opinions. It's perfectly normal.

I'll rate this episode just 5/10. OK, only Rockruff's evolution was fine. Good bye, Akala, welcome back, Melemele and filler episodes... At least Type: Null was interesting. Did everyone find this Akala arc interesting? I only found 3, Alola Marowak, Lycanroc Dusk form and Lana's trial.

Not all episodes need to be loved blindly, you know. Simply put, some episodes fall short because the plot is inconsistent, or because some things make little sense, or for other reasons.

In my case, I personally find it weird that Tapu Lele attacked the dogs and flung them around randomly with its Psychic and tackles. I mean, what was the purpose of that? Did it really need to beat up the dogs to trigger the unique evolution, or it simply did so for fun? The Pokédex entry may lead more toward the latter, but I still found that really weird.

Honestly, the only thing that interested me about this episode were Type:Null, Gladion and Dusk Lycanroc. The rest was really average, in my opinion.

You can't force someone to change opinion. If Sakuraa deemed this episode a 4/10, then it is a 4/10 for her.

Seriously, there is absolutely nothing wrong if people don't like this specific episode as much as other episodes. Different episodes handled in different ways can have different ratings and opinions. It's perfectly normal.
We are lacking motivation. That's why we can't find any episode interesting. That wasn't so bad after all. At this rate, we'll lose interest to this show if they don't do something with it. Let's wait until they dub this episode.

Honestly...that was quite underwhelming. What was there to be excited about other than the brief evolution sequence and super short Gladion cameo? Pretty much nothing. Never thought that this episode would be mostly boring but that's what it turned out to be.

Honestly...that was quite underwhelming. What was there to be excited about other than the brief evolution sequence and super short Gladion cameo? Pretty much nothing. Never thought that this episode would be mostly boring but that's what it turned out to be.
It ain't that bad, at least Type: Null made its anime appearance which is good. Now that the Akala arc. is over, we will never see Olivia for a while. That means more filler Melemele episodes.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom