• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM038: Mimikkyu's Disguise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Gigavolt Havoc would top them, even without the numerous users.
Yeah, they would be about equal it terms of how often it's used, but in terms of the move which has the highest number of different Pokemon that each use it, it would be Breakneck Blitz.

I'm excited for this episode! I can't wait for interaction and possible bonding between Jessie and Mimikyu! Also many episodes has it been since Team Rocket has done something in this series besides fishing up Bewear!? 8? I'm glad they're getting an episode to themselves after being gone for so long. I'm also I'm curious if they're going to tackle Bewear's backstory or foreshadow it in this episode.

Last edited:
Here's a new image of the episode.

img_170810_04.jpg

Actually, to me it reminds me a lot this.

latest

Mimikyu = "Ghost" with a disguise confirmed?

---

On a side not, can anyone edit the title and remove one "k" from Mimikyu's name? For some reason, it bothers me. Never mind that.

Last edited:
^ The titles use Japanese names and Mimikyu's name contains an extra k, so...

It does look like that ghost...!

I wonder how Jessie is going to put a paper bag, bucket, wigs, and other things on Mimikyu without looking at him and without making get very wear very quickly.

I wonder how Jessie is going to put a paper bag, bucket, wigs, and other things on Mimikyu without looking at him and without making get very wear very quickly.
I'm guessing she sees it and somehow pulls through or she just guesses where it's body is.

Does that mean Mimikyu could have another identity under the ghost?
I don't think the ghost is it's identity, but just a part of the ghostly aura that comes off of its body, that or it's a small part of its body.

No sign of Mimikyu's new form yet? How will they carry on with its new form for USUM? Its true form is hidden so no one can see it.

No sign of Mimikyu's new form yet? How will they carry on with its new form for USUM? Its true form is hidden so no one can see it.
Isn't there a Totem Mimikyu? They could reveal it with that if they don't here. I think they may just be keeping it a surprise for the actual episode.

I just realized something. Couldn't Jessie stitch Mimikyu's disguise back together while Mimikyu is in it's new form? I'm pretty sure stitching is something that's taught in nursing school unless they retconned Jessie going to nursing school but I don't think that's something you can easilly retcon. Retconning that is kind of like saying Jessiebelle never existed.

Nevermind that last part. That was me overanalyzing things.

Last edited:
II'm pretty sure stitching is something that's taught in nursing school unless they retconned Jessie going to nursing school but I don't think that's something you can easilly retcon.
But why would you assume they retconned the whole thing? It's way easier to simply assume she just never learned.

But why would you assume they retconned the whole thing? It's way easier to simply assume she just never learned.
Yeah I'm overanalyzing this. I'm pretty sure it was hinted that she knew how (I think in "The Ultimate Test") but very briefly so we could assume that she didn't learn how to do it there but there's also a possibility that she may have learned there. Sorry.

Last edited:
I kind of don't see the anime actually revealing what it looks like, at least not this early. Its true form seems like one of those mysteries that are mentioned but are never fully revealed, but we'll have to see. I would kind of like it too happen, but again, it seems too early.

I kind of don't see the anime actually revealing what it looks like, at least not this early. Its true form seems like one of those mysteries that are mentioned but are never fully revealed, but we'll have to see. I would kind of like it too happen, but again, it seems too early.
Perhaps it could be one of those cases where only Jessie knows until it's revealed by maybe Totem Mimikyu for example. Of course that would bring up the question of how she lived.:unsure:

I'm slightly worried they may not show Mimikyu's true form because of how they make it up to be. If it actually has a scary appearance, kids watching the episode could be terrified, leading to the episode (or the unveiling scene) to be censored in many areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom