• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM038: Mimikkyu's Disguise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rath

Reaction score
The Rocket Gang has challenged Satoshi to a battle in order to get Pikachu today as well. They get defeated and blasted off, but Musashi and Mimikkyu end getting up separated from each other in the process!

Date: August 17th

It's been years since Jessie got a focus episode in the early XY series. I think it'll be something related to USUM stuff coming up in the newest trailed in 6th August. And I believe Ash and the others will go back to Melemele island after that grand trial and finding his Rockruff. This episode might take place on a Melemele island since Team Rocket still stick around here.

This could be a really good episode. Hopefully this is like SM012 and SM025, where Team Rocket are the main focus, but Ash and co. still have small appearances every now and then. I want to see more bonding between Jessie and Mimikyu. And maybe Jessie can host the Poke Problem segment this time.

Given the summary, I wonder if this is the first episode where Pikachu will actually defeat Mimikyu since there's no way Mimikyu won't fight in a battle against Ash since he'll almost certainly use Pikachu in said battle against Team Rocket.

OMG, I can't wait for this episode! A Team Rocket ep and a Musashi/Mimikkyu ep, a real jackpot!
Oh gosh I'd love to see some great bonding and learn more about Mimikkyu's backstory. Like, if there's a specific reason why it hates Pikachu so much?

And I thought we'd have to wait until SM063 for a Musashi ep, I'm relieved! I still want SM054 and SM063 to be Kojiro and Musashi eps though, this should be a tradition.

Wait, they get BLASTED OFF?! :eek: What happened to Kiteruguma? :eek:

There I was, scared shitless about starting a shiny new job tomorrow (wish me luck chaps!) when THIS SON OF A GUN HAPPENED.

Guys

This proves it

God is real.
c7cf248b635acfb50955ee14f7924ceb--pokemon-team-rocket-pokemon-gif.jpg

This could be a really good episode. Hopefully this is like SM012 and SM025, where Team Rocket are the main focus, but Ash and co. still have small appearances every now and then.
Except hopefully they'll have fewer appearances.
And maybe Jessie can host the Poke Problem segment this time.
PLEASE
Wait, they get BLASTED OFF?! :eek: What happened to Kiteruguma? :eek:
Good sodding questioN!

There I was, scared shitless about starting a shiny new job tomorrow (wish me luck chaps!) when THIS SON OF A GUN HAPPENED.

Guys

This proves it

God is real.
c7cf248b635acfb50955ee14f7924ceb--pokemon-team-rocket-pokemon-gif.jpg

Except hopefully they'll have fewer appearances.

PLEASE

Good sodding questioN!
Good luck and hopefully they won't be shown as much, but I have a feeling they might still appear just as much. Although, I feel like Ash and co. appeared less then they did in SM025 then they did in SM012, so there is a chance maybe they will appear even less here. Especially since so far, we don't know what else they could show Ash and co. doing. In SM012 it also involved Ash and co. going to the beach for a lesson and in SM025 they studied Z-Moves.

Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

v02PzP6.png

The rag covering Mimikyu ends up tearing.

Dephender said:
The rag covering Mimikyu ends up tearing.
I wonder if someone's gonna die in this episode! :eek:
Just spare Nyasu, he died twice arleady! xD;

That's more a Tairenar episode, so I'm not entirely sure why it's credited as a James Episode
I think he got some great focus in XY085, so I personally count it as a Kojiro episode (which doesn't exclude it from being a Tairenar episode as well). He even got a childhood flashback, something that didn't happen since... omg, DP?

Last edited:
Well wouldn't Meowth be the best candidate? He's already shown to have survived twice. Once by simply having buckets of water thrown on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom