• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM039: Mao Runs Away from Home and Yareyuutan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rath

Reaction score
A TV news crew is coming to Mao's father's cafeteria for an interview, so everyone's really busy. But then Mao and her father end up having a huge fight over something small and she runs away!

Date: August 24th

Interesting...this could be a good one.
However episodes that focus on mallow or ash and mallow don't really have a good track record.

We'll just have to wait and see. Where did you get this information?

I hope the writers will at least develop Mallow a bit. Her last focus was meh and didn't go well. What we want for this episode is more Mallow's development, not just a boring filler where a character does nothing or do crappy things.

Considering home is Melemele Island for Mallow in the anime - I suppose we know that in this episode at least they're back, not a moment to spare.

Mao has not yet proved herself, but if this carries any of the weight of Maamane's suprisingly insighful episode then this might be the making of her in my eyes!

Also Yareyutan is one of my favest new pokes so 8D

Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

v02PzP6.png

Mallow has a fight with her father and runs away from home, but...

What? I guess Mallow needs some eppys for herself. Even Lana needs more eppys.

So I guess the Oranguru belongs to Mallow's father?

Adamant said:
Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
So I guess the Oranguru belongs to Mallow's father?
Why?

Last edited:

Because the title is "Mallow runs away from home and Oranguru!", implying that it's her father's and lives at her house, not something along the lines of "Mallow runs away from home! Oranguru's psychic counseling!"

Don't get me wrong, I'd be perfectly OK with it being a wild one she meets in the jungle that gives her an epiphany of sorts.

Last edited:
Because the title is "Mallow runs away from home and Oranguru!", implying that it's her father's and lives at her house, not something along the lines of "Mallow runs away from home! Oranguru's psychic counseling!"
I don't think it implies that it's her father's. They seem like two different aspects of the episode. Look at XY083, the Japanese title mentioned Mamoswine and Abomasnow, but neither of those Pokemon met each other and look at SM015, the Japanese title mentioned Rockruff and Lycanroc, but the three never even interacted.

Here is a summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

vQOghL3.png

Mallow is acting odd for some reason during school. Incredibly, it turns out the cafeteria her father runs is going to be on a TV show. And when the filming starts, the place is really busy, since a lot of guests have shown up as well in addition to the TV crew. But in the middle of it all this, Mallow has a huge fight with her father over something small and ends up storming out of the house.

I wouldn't expect her to have a fight with her father over something small, especially in an important time like that. She seems like a daddy's girl.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Steenee: Chika Fujimura

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin’ichiro Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda

Nurse Joy: Risa Shimizu

Officer Jenny: Asami Seto

Abe: Kenta Miyake

Announcer: Azu Sakura

Bewear: Mika Kanai

Here are two summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Mallow has fought with her papa and ended up storming out of the house! She went into the forest, but got hurt and lost consciousness. Will she be able to make it safely back and make up with her papa?!

Aina's kitchen is going to be on TV, and Mallow is in high spirits. However, during the filming she had a fight with her papa and ended up storming out of the house?! She enters the forest, where she ends up getting injured. But then a Pokémon called Oranguru appears. Meanwhile, the evil clutches of Team Rocket descend upon Steenee, who went into the forest in pursuit of Mallow... what will happen now?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom