• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM041: Dash! Dendimushi

8O I thought you guys were kidding about Kiteruguma arriving on a motorcycle!!!!!

Edit:Um did Hidoide talk? According to the sub I watched, she apparently said "Permission".

Last edited:
This was a pretty good and funny episode. I loved the teamwork between Ash, Sophocles and Kiawe and the tactics and innovations they used. It wasn't just that they were faster than everyone else, as their Charjabug was considerably slower than the others due its Nature, they were smarter than everyone else and that's what made them win.

...Is it just me or did they almost played the entire XY-SM battle music repertoire back-to-back during the race?

This episode delivered! I'm pleasantly surprised.

Sophocles really shined this episode. I like him already as a character but he was fantastic here. Loved that he was the leader in all of this. The race was also actually really interesting. I liked all of the different elements it included.

The Red Charjabug team was super annoying but in a good way (if that makes sense?) Like I'm usually indifferent to CotDs but I couldn't stand these dweeb boys (especially the one who got more and more psychotic as the race went on lol) and I just desperately wanted to see the school boys beat them out. So I was actually invested. The female race team was mad cute too (I couldn't get over their Charjabug wearing the pink bow!)

Speaking of girls, I actually liked the girls' limited role in the episode. Reminded me of real school kids. Like "oh the boys are still obsessed with this racing stuff. Let's get tea instead!" They feel like real kids, it's awesome.

Ash getting hurt and actually not being able to finish the race was NICE. It was way more believable and gave Sophocles a chance to be the hero. I loved that!

Finally, Team Rocket's disguises the series have been outstanding. They looked so cool in this episode. I was really digging Jessie's hair! And of course Mareanie and Wobbuffett gave me a solid chuckle. Fun stuff.

TR's presence here honestly felt unnecessary and, quite frankly, shoehorned in since they showed up with no earlier foreshadowing or overt interest in this competition, nor did they affect proceedings. They had good reason/motivation to be in that pancake race but I really don't understand why those three wanted all those Charjabug products. Frankly, this is one time when I'd have preferred them to take the week off or at least not get involved. :cautious:

Aside from this one gripe, I rather enjoyed what we got. The mention of actual natures in the anime really caught me off guard.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom