• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM041: Dash! Dendimushi

It was nice to see Charjabug receiving some focus, it hasn't done much since it was captured

Must we see Team Rocket foolishly attempting to win a race by cheating, its boring

It was nice to see Charjabug receiving some focus, it hasn't done much since it was captured

Must we see Team Rocket foolishly attempting to win a race by cheating, its boring
Actually, Team Rocket always cheat when it comes to a race or contest. But yeah, that's boring involving them into this.

There was a lot of references in this episode. Those three girls with a female Charjabug looked like those kunoichis from Ninja boy Rantaro, Tomomi, Yuki and Shige.Ash Kiawe and Sophocles's reaction art looked like Speed racer anime a bit.

Gotta love Snowy freezing Ash, Sophocles and Kiawe, who were on fire due to their determination. She really loves putting out fires, which mind you, isn't a bad thing, but when it does this, it usually does it unnecessarily.

Well, I admit it was a bit fun. Those Charjabugs do look cute stuffed in those little cars.
It's one thing for TR to cheat, but why the heck are they the ones outraged after they were discovered?
Meet Bewear, the all-terrain vehicle, whether on the land, sea or air, it always comes when you need a ride home.

It's very nice to see Charjabug gets focus in this episode and we finds out that it knows string shot.

Team Rocket, I think it's time for you to learn that you'll never win by cheating by now over the course of 20 years. :p

Poor kid in one team constantly getting yelled at by his team mate, he's going to go deaf in that ear with all of the screaming.

This episode was really strong. Charjabug was adorable and had some nice focus here.

I really like the creative way Boldore, Castform and Sandygast were used here.

Mareenie was perhaps the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Mareanie and Bewear made this episode for me.

This episode reminded me of SM013 but it actually managed to stand out as its own episode thankfully. I'm hoping Charjabug evolves in the future so Sophocles will have a powerhouse on his team.

The ways the pokemon were utilized in this episode were great. I wish the girls could've did more in the episode though.

8/10

HIDOIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you all see how casual she was as well?!?!?! Episode MADE.

No but seriously, this was a great one wasn't it? Classic underdog race story, and who better to be the underdog in a race than uncool, unfit, unpopular (with you fussy lot anyway) Maamane?! I really liked the pacing in this episode - in a short period of time we got to see that they boys actually trained for a while prior to the race but we spent most of the episode on enjoying the ride (literally and metaphorically). I also am a fan of the girls excusing themselves from the proceedings early on, it's a nice way to pay the seiyuus without unnecessary cheerleaders having to interrupt the action every 5 seconds without their commentary.

Satoshi x Kaki is the best ho yay fun since ages.

I feel like there were a lot of references in this episode which I couldn't pick up on. Do you think that red Denjimushi was meant to look like that car from Cars? But all the special teams we got shown, and those faces our team made when they shouted "Dash, Denjimushi!", that purple Denjimushi (is it from Wacky Racers? That one I really felt familiar with...) as well as Musashi & Kojirou's outifts (which I read last week were a reference to something or other).

PS. Pretty sure one of those Runpappa racers was Yuuji Ueda. How many fake Takeshis is the guy gonna play this series?!

Well this was a fun episode packed full of Charjabugs in cars, tons of little references and a new move.

Next Week: Misty and Brock return and I head off into heaven at the fact we've got continuity.

HIDOIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you all see how casual she was as well?!?!?! Episode MADE.

No but seriously, this was a great one wasn't it? Classic underdog race story, and who better to be the underdog in a race than uncool, unfit, unpopular (with you fussy lot anyway) Maamane?! I really liked the pacing in this episode - in a short period of time we got to see that they boys actually trained for a while prior to the race but we spent most of the episode on enjoying the ride (literally and metaphorically). I also am a fan of the girls excusing themselves from the proceedings early on, it's a nice way to pay the seiyuus without unnecessary cheerleaders having to interrupt the action every 5 seconds without their commentary.

Satoshi x Kaki is the best ho yay fun since ages.

I feel like there were a lot of references in this episode which I couldn't pick up on. Do you think that red Denjimushi was meant to look like that car from Cars? But all the special teams we got shown, and those faces our team made when they shouted "Dash, Denjimushi!", that purple Denjimushi (is it from Wacky Racers? That one I really felt familiar with...) as well as Musashi & Kojirou's outifts (which I read last week were a reference to something or other).

PS. Pretty sure one of those Runpappa racers was Yuuji Ueda. How many fake Takeshis is the guy gonna play this series?!
Charjabug is a made to look like a Shiny Genesect and Zaku II from Gundam, hence the name Red Comet for their team and the little horn on top of Charjanbug's head. And I think those faces were a reference to Dash! Yonkuro. I thought it was a Speed Racer reference, but after googling Dash! Yonkuro, it fits better. Jessie and James's disguises were a reference to the series Bakusō Kyōdai Let's & Go!!. And I guess Yuji is preparing for his most important role for next week. :)

The fat dude on the shiny Dendimushi team was Ueda as well.

I'm so glad they finally gave Charjabug an episode.

This episode had s lot of funny and enjoyable moments. I like how the boys getting fired up in the beginning of the episode actually manifested into an actual fire that needed to be put out by Snowy. :D Also the PikachuXTogedemaru moments were really cute. :X3:

They gave a lot of these racers some good designs. The purple haired dude with the shiny Charjabug was easily my favorite. I also really liked the competitors that had Ludicolo hats. It was nice that they even tried to differentiate a lot of the Charjabug by giving some accessories like a bow, glasses, and stickers.

The race basically went as expected. I hated how TR once again intruded with a fake Pokemon. I did find it weird that Ash was allowed to jump in between the carts and stop them from crashing. I was under the impression that they could not interfere whatsoever. I can say that I was surprised by Sophocles's idea of using String Shot webs to move smoothly on the ice. Also, I lol'd when he slid on his stomach to get to them. Guess that's one way to do it. :ROFLMAO:

Overall I'd give this episode a 7/10.

This one was legit funny. The boys' hotbloodedness making actual fire and Shiron cooling it off - that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do a gag. No need for ugly meme faces.

I laughed hard at the Bewearcycle.

I like how the race was a team effort, I haven't been getting as strong of a brotherly vibe from Sophocles and Kiawe as I do from Clemont or Brock, but this is a step in the right direction.

Love all the shoutouts to other anime.

I did think TR got found out too soon but they were great in this ep so I won't complain too much.

omfg i cant
PmxTOlb.png

Omg I JUST REALISED she's wearing Kojirou's cap! Is she his actual girlfriend now?!?!??

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom