• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM042: Alola at Kanto! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone on the cast is getting a Raichu (or even a Pichu) because Ash has Pikachu.
I don't know... since the PikaClones are all in the cast. I wouldn't have predicted a capture otherwise, but the grass parting when Raichu is revealed looked a lot like the encounters in the games.

Maybe Raichu will just be Togedemaru's friend for the two episodes.

I would have suspected an Alola Raichu being on the main cast if anything.

That part about Kanto Marowak being shocked that Alolan Marowak is affected by Thunderbolt is really hilarious considering Pikachu used to be able to hit Ground-types in the past.
The Kanto Marowak is looking at the Alolan Marowak like, "HOW'S THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!?!":eek: It'll never look at electric type Pokemon the same again for the rest of its life.

That part about Kanto Marowak being shocked that Alolan Marowak is affected by Thunderbolt is really hilarious considering Pikachu used to be able to hit Ground-types in the past.
Alolan Marowak are Fire-/Ghost-Type Pokémon, so they're affected by Electric attacks

I want Ash to catch Jigglypuff because even if it's at Oak's it is guaranteed to come back eventually.

I want Ash to catch Jigglypuff because even if it's at Oak's it is guaranteed to come back eventually.
It's definitely not guaranteed to come back even if it was one of Ash's. Look at Kingler. We haven't seen it in the flesh since 2005. That's 12 years ago. It's completely absurd that they create so few chances for Ash's other Pokemon to make appearances. Heck, he has starter Pokemon that haven't been in official battles since Johto. Jigglypuff is not safe.

I'm still feeling too hesitant to get hyped tbh. Remember when we all got so excited for Ash's Charizard returning in BW only to do nothing of note after smacking Iris's Dragonite around a little bit? Imagine the backlash if this isn't better...
Hopefully it lives up to everyone's lofty expectations is all I can say right now.

I'm still feeling too hesitant to get hyped tbh. Remember when we all got so excited for Ash's Charizard returning in BW only to do nothing of note after smacking Iris's Dragonite around a little bit? Imagine the backlash if this isn't better...
Hopefully it lives up to everyone's lofty expectations is all I can say right now.

I mean, I don't know how other people's expectations align with mine, but for me personally, I'm just thrilled to actually see Misty and Brock again. I have very low expectations for these episodes (not in thinking that they won't be good, just that if I don't get tons of substance out of them I really won't be disappointed.) Misty is my favorite character and it's been 12 years since she was in any new episode, so at this point I'm pretty much just "show her to me and I'll praise whatever comes out of it."

Is that a good way to view it? I'm not sure. But when these kind of appearances get withheld for so long, I kind of learn to just take what I can get and be happy with it.

Ok, judging by the previews I think the chances of seeing any of Satoshi's non-Kanto Pokemon are almost entirely nil. We can see a whole landscape of Pokemon and it only includes ones from the first generation. My guess, in-universe, is that the class are there on a trip to study Kanto Pokemon and to avoid any confusion Okido has recalled all of Satoshi's non-native captures into their Monster Balls.

Ok, judging by the previews I think the chances of seeing any of Satoshi's non-Kanto Pokemon are almost entirely nil. We can see a whole landscape of Pokemon and it only includes ones from the first generation. My guess, in-universe, is that the class are there on a trip to study Kanto Pokemon and to avoid any confusion Okido has recalled all of Satoshi's non-native captures into their Monster Balls.

That is realistic but also depressing. :cry:

That sounds about right (can't we at least get the Johto mons too?).

I hope if we get field trips to other regions Prof. Oak comes along and brings Ash's mons from those regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom