• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM043: Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, I haven't watched the episode yet and am wondering if the episode will be interesting to me if I don't feel any nostalgia for Misty, Brock, or Ash's old Pokemon or if I should just skip it?
You can skip 42 and miss out on nothing - it's just one poorly-paced 20th Anniversary nostalgia fest for the fans who hate M20 despite not seeing it, and 43 is going to show what battles in SM could be, but keep refusing to be

We got close in the last ten seconds of Olivia's Grand Trial though, so there's hope we'll see them improve here on out...

I'd say watch 43 for the battles if nothing else, at least

and 43 is going to show what battles in SM could be, but keep refusing to be

We got close in the last ten seconds of Olivia's Grand Trial though, so there's hope we'll see them improve here on out...
Not at all. There's nothing wrong with the battles in SM. Just because they haven't included a big Pokemon like Mega Steelix fighting another big Pokemon like Turtonator, it doesn't mean it's better. There's nothing different about the battles in SM. They have action and they have strategy. I don't see why some people are still acting as if SM is worse in every department.

We already seen SM043's trailer, yet we still know nothing about SM044. Are they trying to hide something?
Maybe they're hiding something big. :eek: Don't keep your hopes high since we know nothing about SM044 and later episodes.

We already seen SM043's trailer, yet we still know nothing about SM044. Are they trying to hide something?
I have a feeling there might be a one week break after that episode and the next one will be in October. Who knows. Let's wait and see.

Doubt it, it's probably because of the fact that theirs a break before it and its airing next month though I think we might get something before Thursday just because I don't think an episode preview has been the first thing we've known for an episode before, though I could be wrong.

I have a feeling there might be a one week break after that episode and the next one will be in October. Who knows. Let's wait and see.

I remember I read in a thread here somewhere that after SM043 there will be a one week break.

Also, in the first summaries that were shared for this episosode there was smth like thiz:

"Is his journey towards becoming a Pokémon Master over?!

Of course it isn't! He's come to the Kanto region as part of an extracurricular class at the Pokémon School!

The journey is far from over!
And next issue, we'll present new developments!!"

So, maybe a new season will start after SM043...Like Best Wishes Season 2/XYZ.

As for this episode I am just hoping to see at least Misty's Horsea or Azurill having evolved.

Here's a new preview mostly focusing on Ash's battle with Misty. Enjoy! :)

Is Brock going shirtless?!! Haha there was a comment here in the thread predicting that. The overall animation of battles look so good for a SM episode. And Megas are back yayy..
Also, is Steelix using Stone Edge?

Is Brock going shirtless?!! Haha there was a comment here in the thread predicting that. The overall animation of battles look so good for a SM episode. And Megas are back yayy..
Also, is Steelix using Stone Edge?

Wow, that's two references to Gen I Brock and Misty. Brock was shirtless in the original games and Misty was in her bikini swimsuit as well.

All they need to do to complete this set is have Ash get his classical clothes, only this time in red.

Why do they take a break? Will they air a two-parter? It could be important.

Last edited:
What's interesting (at least I think it is) is that after the break, a magazine or magazines list the next episode as TBD or unknown or something like that. Why would they not reveal it? They've revealed future episodes months in advance before and they had the opportunity to name it, seeing as episodes get made several months in advance.

Just thinking out loud here: TRio were summoned back to Kanto by Matori, but they are yet to visit HQ. Is this what they'll be doing this episode? (Kenta Miyake is listed for Bakugames, I don't know what the order of importance is, but he could also be voicing Sakaki in this right?)

Just thinking out loud here: TRio were summoned back to Kanto by Matori, but they are yet to visit HQ. Is this what they'll be doing this episode? (Kenta Miyake is listed for Bakugames, I don't know what the order of importance is, but he could also be voicing Sakaki in this right?)
I guess, if they don't count his as important as Turtonator and I don't think they should, seeing as Turtonator appears more often.

Mind you I checked for SM 12 and Sakaki (rather than Bakugames) was listed so...

Did Turtonator even speak in SM012? I hardly remember it appearing in that episode all that much anyway. Either way, he can have a non speaking role or maybe he doesn't appear and they never actually get to see him in person, outside due to Bewear. But I hope he does and him being listed is just a mistake, like Ash's Tauros not being listed for SM042, unless their speaking role was just taken from a previous appearance.

Shirtless Brock, Dayum. I get the reference, and it works brilliantly. I think there is a week break afterwards because they are gonna announce gyms or Kanto in USUM after this episode airs, something is bring built up to with the Anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom