• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM043: Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh so is the break for the 28th confirmed or not??

First Misty in her Gen 1 Bikini, now this! :eek: (Heck, he didn't even take off his shirt in Origins!)

And looks like Popplio and Steenee are--
:cool:
TOTALLY DUCKED!

Just please tell me Z-Moves aren't going to own Mega-Evolution and the actual battles will be as long as these previews...:cautious:

What's more, will this mean more actual battles in the future, or will they just go back to kiddy crap in Alola? o_O

Last edited:
Misty use going to use Psyduck in a battle
I wondered ddi she finally trained him or not
unless used his headache for luck as always

Steenee and Popplio getting picked up by Psyduck's Psychic has me curious as to whether or not they will battle in this episode.

Also, I didn't expect to see Brock shirtless! This and SM041 just scream fanservice.

They have action and they have strategy. I don't see why some people are still acting as if SM is worse in every department.
What was the strategy in the Lurantis fight?

"Hit the stationary target."

What was the strategy against Palossand?

"Blow on it really hard. Then fan it with leaves. Then use fire, which should by all rights render the attempts to freeze it null and void. Genius."

What was the strategy in the Lurantis fight?

"Hit the stationary target."

What was the strategy against Palossand?

"Blow on it really hard. Then fan it with leaves. Then use fire, which should by all rights render the attempts to freeze it null and void. Genius."
Yeah, I wasn't talking about battles like the Lurantis battle, although Litten was used against a Grass-type and in regards to the Palossand battle, the fire was meant as a distraction and for Lillie to fan the Powder Snow to spread it was also smart. I was more thinking of Ash's Rockruff climbing the Rock Climb to attack Lycanroc and Ash's Rowlet sneaking up behind its opponents and using Leafage as a distraction to get up close to Crabrawler. Strategies are present. There is no denying it.

Last edited:
Misty use going to use Psyduck in a battle
I wondered ddi she finally trained him or not
unless used his headache for luck as always
Training Gyarados was nothing. Training Psyduck is the real achievement. o_O

I myself am glad we get to see Kiawe battle Brock. For those hoping Mega Evolution trumps Z-moves, I'd like to point out that Steelix is weak to fire, even Mega-Evolved.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about battles like the Lurantis battle, although Litten was used against a Grass-type and in regards to the Palossand battle, the fire was meant as a distraction and for Lillie to fan the Powder Snow to spread it was also smart. I was more thinking of Ash's Rockruff climbing the Rock Climb to attack Lycanroc and Ash's Rowlet sneaking up behind its opponents and using Leafage as a distraction to get up close to Crabrawler. Strategies are present. There is no denying it.
Like I said, the Olivia battle showed what the series is capable of
Shame it took 1/4th of the entire series to get there

Once USM is out, I expect the anime to get its act together now that they've wasted time getting used to the animation software

Someone speculated that they haven't revealed the next title because it'd be a potential huge spoiler, like Pigeot's return after decades of guarding those pidgey, or Greninja returning as well. I believe they did the same during the Kalos league final battle with not revealing the titles until the previews began.

Someone speculated that they haven't revealed the next title because it'd be a potential huge spoiler, like Pigeot's return after decades of guarding those pidgey, or Greninja returning as well. I believe they did the same during the Kalos league final battle with not revealing the titles until the previews began.
The final two Kalos League episode titles were announced in July and they aired in August. Unless you mean the final two episode titles for the Team Flare arc, which were announced nine days before they aired and I don't think those titles spoiled all that much. Pidgeot or Greninja returning now would seem a bit weird. If they're holding out on revealing them, it might be because of the upcoming games.

If anything I could see a mini arc dealing with Gladion and starting to move forward with Lillie's arc soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom