• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM043: Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM043: Gym Battle! Z-Move vs Mega Evolution!!
Airs: September 21

Yeah, with them flaunting Z-Moves vs Mega's in the title I don't see Ash losing when theirs such a good chance to advertise Z-Moves which will be in USM where Mega's seem to be pushed to the side in-game.

If it's Ash against Brock's Mega Evolved Steelix, I will call supreme bullshit if he wins. None of Ash's current four have any business toppling that.
Nah, I think he's just battling Misty and leaving Brock to one of the other Z-move using classmates.

I know Satoshi hasn't been completely goofing off this saga but if the writers want to give these two episodes meaning they could have him lose pretty significantly and have the battle spark a change in him to train more and use different strategies.

I mean it probably won't happen and these episodes will probably be nothing more than fanservive but it's nice to dream.

I know Satoshi hasn't been completely goofing off this saga but if the writers want to give these two episodes meaning they could have him lose pretty significantly and have the battle spark a change in him to train more and use different strategies.

This please! I wanted Ash to be DEVASTATED after his Best Wishes league loss, and begin the XY saga with a character and self-reflection arc. Hope it happens here'

If it's Ash against Brock's Mega Evolved Steelix, I will call supreme bullshit if he wins. None of Ash's current four have any business toppling that.
Nah, I think he's just battling Misty and leaving Brock to one of the other Z-move using classmates.
They did say that Ash was reuniting with some of his old Pokemon, so maybe he'll use one against Brock?

They did say that Ash was reuniting with some of his old Pokemon, so maybe he'll use one against Brock?
They didn't say that, they said that he'll be reuniting with old friends and Pokemon, ones he faced faced before. I think this implies Brock's and Misty's Pokemon, which he has faced before.

I really hope Iwane animates this. It'd be nice for him to be able to animate these characters again.

I really hope Iwane animates this. It'd be nice for him to be able to animate these characters again.
He worked on the Mallow one so I don't know if we would do these ones, what is the average number of episodes between ones he animates?

He worked on the Mallow one so I don't know if we would do these ones, what is the average number of episodes between ones he animates?
Average? Lately I guess the average would be about 6 or so episodes in between 6 episodes, but in SM he has animated two episodes in a row.

Let me guess: Z-Moves are going to pwn Mega-Evolution...:cautious:

Inb4, Greninja conveniently comes back while holding a Waterium Z and destroys Brock's Mega Steelix with an Hydro Vortex while in his Ash-Greninja form. Now that would be overkill!

…But of course that won't happen. Let Ash demolish Mega Gyarados with an OP Gigavolt Havoc and Mega Steelix with a Continental Crush from Dusk Lycanroc, so that they can further hype up the power of Z-Crystals and the incoming games.

Let me guess: Z-Moves are going to pwn Mega-Evolution...:cautious:

This is my main worry, that they're going to show Z-Moves as the strongest thing ever and Megas have no chance against them. I don't doubt that Ash is going to win but I hope they don't show it as an easy victory.

This please! I wanted Ash to be DEVASTATED after his Best Wishes league loss, and begin the XY saga with a character and self-reflection arc. Hope it happens here'
To be fair, he did apologize to Oak for "only" finishing in Top 8, and reflected after returning to Pallet Town with nothing but his Unova badges. It was pretty subtle, but at least it was something.

I hope they finally end Satoshi and Kasumi's unresolved tension about their unfinished battle.

I am willing to forgive the writers of everything they've previously upset me with solely because they gave Misty a mega. I do prefer Z-Moves to Mega Evolution, but the chance to see the two go head-to-head, especially when it's Misty and Brock with the megas, is honestly just too good to pass up.

The Mega Evolution was seriously neglected when it came to the main cast last saga, so I think it's very cool that Misty and Brock become the first companions (Ash included!) to get megas. I'm very excited to see how the battles play out (the first battles I've been excited for in a long time!) and what each character learns about Mega Evolution or Z-Moves.

Regarding whole battle between Ash and Brock, Misty. Im aware how Z moves are next new thing coming from Nintendo and Gamefreak workshop, but does that really mean it would have to go down the alley of Ash demolishing Misty and Brock pokemon?

Making Rowlet, Lycanroc or Pikachu with Z moves as dominating unstoppable force, down playing incredible power mega evolution in itself presents?

With Lycanroc or Pikachu dominating over mega evolved pokemon despite that looking unconvincing and forced imo.

I dunno from story standpoint what sense would it make to bring back Brock and especially Misty after so much time and on top of that making them few of rare owners of pokemon capable of mega evolving ion entire pokemon world. Just to see them plummeted and destroyed by Ash in battle?

Especially when Steelix and Gyarados are in general incredibly powerful pokemon, real beasts(especially latter one), and with mega evolution their endurance and strength reaches a whole new level.

Beside who else is already bored by constantly seeing Pikachu defeating Gyarados?
First against Claire, than by Crasher Wake, followed by Lysandre Gyarados falling victim to Ash as well?

Isn't it time for this specie to have win for change instead of nerfing and downplaying its true potential, once again falling down easily to Pikachu yet again?
And Ash winning streak in SM is becoming rather highly uneven so far, so easy win for him once again would feel underwhelming and kinda forced, at least to me.

Its not like Z move cannot be survived leaving Pikachu vulnerable afterwards. Or if its well planned countered by some move of great power or even dodged. Granted with way Z moves have been portrayed that's hard, but not impossible.

Realistically im not expecting Gyarados defeating Pikachu, although i wouldn't mind because powerful water pokemon can overpower electric species, especially with power up like mega evolution.

However maybe there happens compromise with Ash battle vs Brock and Misty ending in tie?
Portraying both Z move and mega evolution as upgrades of equal power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom