• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM044: Satoshi and Hoshigumo! Mysterious Encounter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice that Rowlet and Litten are missing from the poster, evolution confirmed??
So are a lot of other Pokemon. They probably just wanted to show one of Pokemon that the Trainers own, except for Ash.

"An acquaintance of Professor Kukui", so they are not a couple in the anime yet it seems. I wonder if we're gonna see this develop.
"Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet's First Date!? The Ruins of Promises and the Presents!!"

Last edited:
I'd be more interested in seeing Kukui and Burnet first meet here with no relation and later develop into the couple we saw in the games, instead of her just turning up as his wife completely out of the blue. He's never mentioned her in this series yet.

Remember that they tweaked the Sycamore/Lysandre connection in XY too?

Loved the Lillie-Lusamine 'awkward' hug!
And it seems like Nebby will evolve into Solgaleo since I cannot see Lunala on that poster. And yes, no Litten and Rowlet on the poster.

Hoping that Ash atleast gets a Torracat and later Incineroar. Not sure about Rowlet since it can also shape up as the regional not-evolved starter.

Quick EDIT: ASH HAS THE Z-POWERED RING. So, his old one will break. And since Z-Powered Ring's Edge over the regular once is that it can use the USUM Z-Moves, I can see Ash getting one of the USM Exclusive Z Moves (Kommo-o anyone?). But of course, it may be just to show that Ash wears the new Z-ring the children are supposed to buy so they can relate to the Anime protagonist.

Quick EDIT: ASH HAS THE Z-POWERED RING. So, his old one will break. And since Z-Powered Ring's Edge over the regular once is that it can use the USUM Z-Moves, I can see Ash getting one of the USM Exclusive Z Moves (Kommo-o anyone?).
My guess would be Lycanroc's one, since he does have the Pokémon already.

My guess would be Lycanroc's one, since he does have the Pokémon already.

Forgot about that one. But I still think there may be some chance of Ash getting a Kommo-o down the line. Also I'm pretty positive Litten is evolving in this arc, give or take a few episodes.

I think Ash and Gladion will get their Z-rings upgraded at Aether Foundation.

Forgot about that one. But I still think there may be some chance of Ash getting a Kommo-o down the line. Also I'm pretty positive Litten is evolving in this arc, give or take a few episodes.

I think Ash and Gladion will get their Z-rings upgraded at Aether Foundation.
I already mentioned this but notice how BOTH Rowlet and Litten are missing, maybe both are evolving soon.

I already mentioned this but notice how BOTH Rowlet and Litten are missing, maybe both are evolving soon.

I didn’t mention Rowlet becuase, like I said earlier, it’s antics may point to it being the unevolved one (specially since popplio has shown a desire to evolve). I only spoke for Litten since I'm sure about it. Rowlet imo can go either way (but I'd personally prefer it becoming Decidueye).

The poster and now the preview?!?!? SUN AND MOON TOOK 41 EPISODES TO GET ITS RYTHYM nebby looks amazing, and Lusamine too! ALSO WICKE HONNNEEEYYYYY

Yes! Thank goodness, finally the plot is moving along. I'm glad we're finally getting introduced to the Aether Foundation.

The only thing I'm mad about is that Ash finds Nebby instead of Lillie. This is her main story from the games and it seems like they're giving it to Ash. I really hope he's just the one who finds it, and Lillie will become the main caretaker.

Rowlet and Litten are the starters though, why would they leave them out?
Why leave out Kiawe's signaute Pokemon and Team Rocket? They don't have to showcase them in every piece of merchandise. They probably just didn't want this poster to be too crowded, so, with the exception of Pikachu, they included one Pokemon for every Trainer, which is why Charizard is there and Turtonator isn't.

Hi, Nebby! :eek:

I thought you'd be dropped because of Shiron, but here you are. Though it looks like Ash till take care of you instead of Lillie -_-

Anyone else loling how Lillie's big in the poster while the classmates are kinda in the background? :LOL:

Though as just as I feared, poor Wicke has been given a breast reduction...:cry:

Think Litten is going to evolve, Lycanroc new USUM move will be learned which I really wan to see as it looks awesome. Think Nebby will be more with Ash at the beginning also then gravitate towards Lillie unless they are going to make Ash the main one which is also possible.

Airs: October 5
Now this can happen.
lmcknjn.jpg
I guess they finally dropped the whole "there is six main characters this time" charade and acknowledge Lilie's co-star status.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be so mad if they give Nebby to Satoshi. I know he's the main character but I'm sick of him always getting the special once-in-a-lifetime Pokemon.
Why are people crying about Ash finding Nebby and caring for it when we have no idea about who's going to care for it? Yeah sure that Bonnie took care of the Zygarde core she found and named it Puni-chan. Here we won't even know who that Nebby prefer to stay with since we seen it interact with Ash and his friends. Who knows, maybe they will take turns caring for it? Maybe that it really likes Lillie at the end of the next episode that it just wants to stay with her, until Lillie feels that it's in danger being with her due to Lusamine and have Ash and the others look after Nebby to hide it from her mother. The poster shows Lillie being more concerned for Nebby then Ash is concerned for it.
proxy.php

Doesn't anyone recall Togepi? Remember that Ash found the egg, but Togepi chose Misty (granted it believed she was its mom but it still chose her)
From the looks of things, Lillie will most likely have Nebby, as it seems like a HUGE part of her plot and character in the game.

Like the Aether Foundation is debuting. Now all we need are Guzma and Plumeri. :) I highly doubt the anime will go the game's route with how dark both organizations are though, I also wonder if the show will lessen the slapsticky, upbeat tone it has had up until now.

The anime's portrayal of Hoshigumo-chan is like some crying hard-to-please baby that was found by Pikachu in the wild instead of the timid, afraid-to-reveal-itself-for-obvious-reasons creature like it was in the games. It's a rather dull change. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom