• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM044: Satoshi and Hoshigumo! Mysterious Encounter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
VA List & New Summaries
The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Rowlet: Megumi Hayashibara

Litten: Chinami Nishimura

Steenee: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Gladion: Nobuhiko Okamoto

Lusamine: Sayaka Kinoshita

Faba: Mitsuaki Madono

Burnet: Sachi Kokuryu

Ana: Azu Sakura

Type: Null: Toru Sakurai

Tapu Lele: Risa Shimizu

Here are two new summaries of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash finds a Pokémon he's never seen before. He names it "Hoshigumo" and started looking after it, but since he doesn't know how it should be taken care of, trouble occurs...

Ash has dreamed that he met a legendary Pokémon. Then, the next morning, he finds a mysterious Pokémon on his way to the Pokémon School. There's not even anything on it in the Rotom Pokedex, so Ash names it "Hoshigumo" and decides to take care of it. But then Lillie's mother Lusamine appears before him and asks him if he'd please entrust it to her. But just what is Hoshigumo?

Last edited:
Nice to see Team Rocket absent, interesting to see that Gladion's Lycanroc doesn't have a voice role
They're still running on water back to Alola :p

If they aren't appearing next week, I hope to at least see Jigglypuff!

Last edited:
True. I wonder if Gladion's still in a cave at Akala Island?
I honestly hope so. It would be funny if after all this time, he's still in the same cave. If not, then it means he's in some other cave and experiencing the same problem, which to me is also funny that has to keep going to caves.

We did see Gladion and Null in a cave in the preview, and I'd assume they're still in Akala because why else would Lele be in this episode?

Ash has dreamed that he met a legendary Pokémon. Then, the next morning, he finds a mysterious Pokémon on his way to the Pokémon School. There's not even anything on it in the Rotom Pokedex, so Ash names it "Hoshigumo" and decides to take care of it. But then Lillie's mother Lusamine appears before him and asks him if he'd please entrust it to her. But just what is Hoshigumo?

Hmm… I find this summary particularly interesting.

When I first saw the awkward “hug” between Lusamine and Lillie, I initially thought that their relationship was watered down in the anime and that they had one of those popular “don’t embarrass me, mom/dad” type of relationship, rather than the broken kind of the games.

However, this summary seems to point in another direction, and that Lusamine is actually pulling a facade and pretending to be that kind of mushy mother. Maybe this is also why Lillie appears quite nervous around her, as she may know her mother’s true colors and doesn’t quite understand why she is behaving like that.

This is the kind of feeling the summary is giving to me. Would be quite interesting to see how Lusamine will be depicted (as long as she doesn’t become the cliched villain trope like Anime Colress did before her, that’s it).

And about the whole Nebby and Ash thing, we must remember that Nebby actually bonded with both the main character and Lillie in the games. Sure, the latter may have spent the most time with it and may have protected it from Aether’s clutches, but the gaseous critter has also been protected and has bonded with the player themselves as well. Heck, even Lillie sees this kind of bond, and goes as far as considering the player another “parent” and entrusting it to them, believing that to be the best for Nebby. Many people consider this to be stupid writing, but I personally think this shows how much Lillie has grown up and how much she trusts the player.

So, I wouldn’t be too worried about Ash and Nebby bonding yet. I believe that Nebby will still contribute to Lillie’s development, and may even help her get over her phobia. And who knows… maybe even Ash himself will get some actual development, and actual development for him is always welcome in my books.

What really interests me is that Tapu Lele is here...
Yeah, I wonder what Tapu Lele is going to do here even though she might be doing much. The only way to find out is to wait for the episode to air next week.

I think it will something like this.
Ash finds Nebby. Starts taking care of him/her/it and since it looks like it will have a "baby" type of personality. Ash will probably have many problems taking care of it because Ash is a stubborn, loud and crazy trainer and maybe Lillie will notice that Ash is having trouble with Nebby and since she is (obviously) the smartest in the group she will offer help by (idk) making him special food, telling Ash how to take care of it or something like that. I think and hope this relationship will be kind of like a "family" relationship. Ash being the fun and cool father who lets his son do anything and Lillie being the responsible mother, who will be the most serious and protective of the two and maybe Pikachu and Shiron will be the brothers of Nebby. I know that its never happened, but I think the writters know how much people like the relationship of Lillie and Nebby, so they wont take her out of the picture and since they love for Ash to be always important to stuff related to the box-art legendary pokemon they will/could make a relationship like I mentioned before. I hope they dont rush thing and do something like "-Episode 44 Nebby debuts" "-Episode 47 Lusamine is Evil" "-Episode 48 Ash, Lillie and Solgaleo vs Lusamine" and last but not least "-Episode 49 Goodbye Solgaleo". I mean it probably wont happen, but its really weird to see them make all of the bad guys appear from so early. In XY they appeared like in episode 94, in AG and DP they kind of also made their debut early but they only kind of foreshadowed things and only made some of the bad guys appear, but in SM they are going all-out from very early. I hope they do things like they did in DP, like showing the bad guys, but not making a rushed evil team arc plot. This anime is going to have a hard time with this plot + the USUM plot, not only do they have to include the SM characters from the game, but also the USUM characters. I just really hope they do things step by step. I mean they dont have to make the final battle happen right away, they could do like in DP, AG or XY. Showing the evil team, but not making the final battle happen right away. Team Galatic appeared early in the series but had the final battle at episode 152 and Team Galatic made their debut in episode 36, in XY Team Flare's debut was at episode 94 and the final battle was in episode 136. The writters really dont and I hope dont rush this arc. And if they do, then I hope they include all of the characters (Plumeria, Guzma and Ultrabeast-Lusamine) and I hope that if they do the whole arc "rushed" then it better be so that they can also include the USUM arc in the anime. Sorry for my bad grammar and/or english. Im not from an english-speaken country and my english has become "rusty" over the years. And sorry for my long comment. Im new here this is my first day so I dont really know how to do things here xD

well keep in mind that in the games it isn't revealed they are evil till later on, unlike Team Skull

Here are some new bits of information on the episode and the arc, which Dephender translated. There are also some new images.

dotup.org1349475.jpg
dotup.org1349477.jpg
dotup.org1349478.jpg
dotup.org1349479.jpg

From the first image.

Ash finally meets the legendary Pokémon!!
Legendary Pokémon appear before Ash! We have a scoop on new, super startling developments!!

...but it's just in a dream...
That's unfortunate! But at least he's lucky to see what they look like!

The legendary Pokémon of the Alola region: Solgaleo and Lunala!
The dream takes place at the Altar of the Sunne, which is located on Poni Island, an island Ash has never been to. Is this place related to the legendary Pokémon...?

The dawn of a mysterious morning and a startling encounter!
Further mysteries await Ash that day! He discovers a mysterious Pokémon in the tall grass!

He's made the amazing discovery of a new species of Pokémon?!
Incredibly, this is a completely unknown Pokémon there's not even data on in the Rotom Pokedex!

From the second image.

The new Pokémon Hoshigumo, which is a complete mystery to all, is a newborn baby?!
Having noted its fluffy body and the way it twinkles like a star, Lillie named the Pokémon "Hoshigumo"! But what kind of Pokémon is it?

Since it's a baby, it plays all the time!
The Pokémon School is full of new playmates. It quickly becomes friends with Pikachu and the others!

Since it's a baby, it sleeps all the time!
If it thinks it might have created a mess, it goes straight to sleep. It's the middle of the class, though, so will Ash be okay..?!

Since it's a baby, it eats all the time!
It's somewhat different from other Pokémon when it comes to food as well! Turn the page to discover what its favourite is!

From the third image.

A massive study! The secrets about Hoshigumo!!
Hoshigumo is still wrapped in mysteries! Here is the result of a massive study concerning three different subjects!

Everyone at the School takes care of Hoshigumo!
Hoshigumo is a new Pokémon nobody knows anything about! Everyone works together to ensure it gets raised healthily!

Subject 1: What does it eat?
All kinds of food gets prepared for it, but trouble arises when it doesn't eat any of it!

Salad, sandwiches, milk from Paniola Ranch, cake, Pokémon Food... it won't eat any of these! What can be done?!
They test absolutely everything, and eventually discover that for some reason, only konpeito makes it happy! That's the answer to what to feed it!

Konpeito? No problem!
Sophocles happens to have some!

Subject 2: How do you make it stop crying?
Hoshigumo's crying is more intense than a Pokémon move?! And there's no other solution other than just treating it gently?!

Kiawe has given up as well! Mallow, we're relying on you!

Subject 3: A group of adults want to research it as well!
The "Aether Foundation", an organization that protects Pokémon, has caught word of Hoshigumo! They immediately set off to meet with Ash!

Lusamine: Represents the organization and researches Pokémon. And she's also Lillie and Gladion's mother!

Professor Burnet: Researches an unknown space outside the world where Pokémon and humans live.

Wicke: In charge of the Pokémon protection.

Faba: A scientist researching Pokémon.

From the fourth and final image.

Get on board with the new developments in the anime!!
Hoshigumo alone is enough to make the anime really hectic, but it's also filled with intriguing stuff like Ash's dream and his new encounters! Make sure not to miss any episodes in the future either!!

Pay extra attention to what Ash's new partner Lycanroc (Dusk Form) does!!
Ash's Rockruff gained power little by little until it finally evolved! Now it's even cooler and even more reliable!
When it evolved, it saw the "Green Flash", which involves the sun shining in a green color!

Legendary Pokémon will appear! Don't miss out on the new developments that start with the episode "Ash and Hoshigumo! Mysterious Encounter!!" It airs Thursday October 5th at 6:55pm! (time and date varies depending on region)

The legendary Pokémon of the Alola region: Solgaleo and Lunala!
The dream takes place at the Altar of the Sunne, which is located on Poni Island, an island Ash has never been to. Is this place related to the legendary Pokémon...?

I think Nebby will evolve into Solgaleo, since it’s on the poster with Lunala being absent on it, and Ash visits the sun altar.

The part with the food seems to be quite funny.

Is it my imagination or is Pokemon Fan not allowed to reveal episode titles now?

The part with the food seems to be quite funny.

Is it my imagination or is Pokemon Fan not allowed to reveal episode titles now?
Maybe they just wanted to focus on this first episode, because if sets up the rest of the arc.

Satoshi having a prophetic dream about it implies that he'll bond with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom