• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM044: Satoshi and Hoshigumo! Mysterious Encounter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people crying about Ash finding Nebby and caring for it when we have no idea about who's going to care for it? Yeah sure that Bonnie took care of the Zygarde core she found and named it Puni-chan. Here we won't even know who that Nebby prefer to stay with since we seen it interact with Ash and his friends. Who knows, maybe they will take turns caring for it? Maybe that it really likes Lillie at the end of the next episode that it just wants to stay with her, until Lillie feels that it's in danger being with her due to Lusamine and have Ash and the others look after Nebby to hide it from her mother. The poster shows Lillie being more concerned for Nebby then Ash is concerned for it.
proxy.php

If you had actually read my post you would have seen I said "if". Of course we don't know what's going to happen, I merely stated this is one possibility that I do not want to happen. "Crying" or otherwise.

Just all around excited that the SM (USUM?) plot is starting to kick in. Great to see Lusamine, Faba and Wicke!

I'm intrigued that Burnet is mentioned to be a good friend of Lusamine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they had no real connection in the games. It was Burnet and Lillie that were friends. That, and Burnet being an acquaintance of Kukui. Like I mentioned earlier, I hope they gradually fall in love with each other through the series. It's something that hasn't really been explored yet in the anime (and no Ash x Serena does not count in my book).

As for Nebby, I don't think it will go with Ash at all. That would be stupid, and Squishy didn't go with Ash either. They just need to stick to the games with this and give Nebby to Lillie. It would also add nicely to her nicknaming Vulpix, making nicknaming the Pokémon she cares for a habit and a first for a main character.

Now here's hoping Nebby doesn't become a Squishy 2.0 but I have good hope the writers can do something good with it.

I for one would gladly accept Ash getting Nebby instead. First of all I hated the SM Games Story for reasons too long winded to type here without going off topic Second if the Anime does deviate from the games plot, it wouldn't be the first time it has done it, and this may actually make the Anime's iteration of the plot more interesting. This will allow Ash to be a bigger part of this Plot as well as Lillie. Lillie will obviously have a major role in all this I am sure. It should however be to help Ash and Co. deal with the baddies.(Mainly her Mother assuming Lusamine is the Main Antagonist here) rather than tow around a Space Cloud in a Bag all the Time. Make her develop as a Trainer while chipping away at her Fear of Touching Pokemon at the source and overcome that, which should be her Character Arc Instead.

I don't think it's irrational that people might worry that Cosmog might be Ash's; if I were to watch that trailer without the context of the Sun and Moon games, and you asked me my opinion on who do I think the Cosmog would most likely end up with based on that preview alone, I would probably say Ash. Bonding with his partner Pokemon, having no time dedicated to just it and Lillie, the title happening to be "Ash and Nebby" as opposed to "Lillie and Nebby"... it would seem indicative if I were to judge on that alone. Of course, I'm not going to do that - I will take the games, all else into account but I can understand and appreciate people's worries.

I wouldn't like that change in decision myself - I felt that Nebby was a very integral part of Lillie's character and helped the Lillie in the Sun and Moon games grow and develop as a person, along with her friends.

What I don't mind is that Burnett and Kukui are only acquaintances at this point in time - I mean, if they were married at this point in the anime, it would raise so many questions around that, and it would be very sweet to see the two of them fall in love of the course of the series, heart-warming even. I do hope that this sort of relationship happens at least; if they don't in any way fall for each other, that will be just a very disappointing adaption of their relationship as a married couple from the games.

It was so weird to watch the preview for an episode without knowing the title or what it was about first. They should totally do that more often.
Yes! Thank goodness, finally the plot is moving along. I'm glad we're finally getting introduced to the Aether Foundation.

The only thing I'm mad about is that Ash finds Nebby instead of Lillie. This is her main story from the games and it seems like they're giving it to Ash. I really hope he's just the one who finds it, and Lillie will become the main caretaker.
I just want to remind you and everyone that Ash found Togepi too

I'd be cool with Kukui and Burnet developing their relationship over time. I'm mostly just hoping they don't omit the relationship entirely. I don't mind the anime taking slight deviations from the games, so I think seeing that instead of having them already be married would be fun to watch throughout the show. That's not really something that's been done with the main characters, understandable since the majority of them are children. So it'd be something different, which I always find enjoyable coming out of this show. Plus, the way the relationship was written in the games was really great.

I'm also with everyone else who hopes Ash isn't going to be the one caring for Nebby. It's nothing against Ash as a character (although I do have to admit I'm also a bit sick of him getting the "special" Pokémon) but moreso that I want Nebby to be used to help further develop Lillie's character, similar to the games. They've done a good job with her development so far, but this could really be a major turning point. I do like that they seem to be showing the discomfort Lillie has around her mother; that was another thing I was worried they'd skirt around a bit too much. But the hug scene was super awkward and you could really see/sense how uncomfortable Lillie was in the situation. Hopefully that's built upon as well.

Overall, Nebby seems like it's going to be a fun addition. It was cute watching it interact with the different classmates and be a bit hard to please. My biggest concern with when they introduce Pokémon like this is the portrayal. I really didn't like the way Zygarde was handled, so I'm hoping they take a different approach with Nebby.

I really doubt they adapted Burnet as an "acquaintance" of Kukui's for nothing.
I'm having high hopes for their relationship to develop over the course of the series.

I hope Cosmog is still a bigger part of Lillie, but also by the looks of it, we might not get the full Lusamine mama drama in the anime which would be disappointing.

One thing that keeps me hopeful is that the player character was also close to Cosmog and managed to calm him/her down, so *maybe* Ash is the one that calms down a crying Nebby as Lillie is trying to force him/her into her bag?

Something tells me after seeing Necrozma coming out of an Ultra Wormhole in the new Japan Trailer, I think he'll make his debut in this episode and the main reason why Lillie is terrified of other Pokemon

This is my initial guess but I'm pretty sure Lillie has a fear of Pokemon because of her mother and Ultra Beasts, could be that she was attacked by one or saw her mom doing creepy shiz.

I want to see Jigglypuff more often. That's very much possible because it followed the group to Alola. Maybe Lillie will catch it.

Guys, have you forgotten that Lillie, anime Lillie, cannot touch any Pokemon except Snowball/Shiron and Pikachu? Giving her Nebby would go against what the anime has set up as a background for her. Anime Lillie =/= Game Lillie. Don't worry though, Lillie will be a major part in the arc and probably be a major hand in raising Nebby, and have her own troubles with Lusamine and Aether.

I predicted that Nebby would end up with Ash, but seriously. Nebby can't battle and is mostly just a baby who needs love, care and attention right now. Someone mentioned that Nebby is like Togepi but, as the picture shows, this version of Togepi likes the person who found it. Lillie will take care of Nebby too, if the preview tells us anything, but she won't be the primary caregiver. It balances out her role. Without Nebby going to someone else; Ash, Kiawe, Sophocles, Mallow and Lana would have no need to exist in the series as everything would be on Lillie. Sure, there would be some Power Z-Ring in the background but five out of the six main characters wouldn't have anything worthy to do with the plot. Plus, Lillie can't touch Pokemon. If Nebby went near her, she would scream and back away from it, even if it is cute.

I, personally, am excited about this, it's been a while since a baby Pokemon truly acted like this, the last one was Larvitar in Johto. Sure, you can argue Noibat but that was over with in two episodes. Nebby is gonna be the best thing in SM, no matter who it's gonna be with. But, think on the bright side, Lillie's gonna be a part of the rescue squad when Aether/Evil bad group inevitably kidnap Ash and Nebby for the Wormhole stuff.

Guys, have you forgotten that Lillie, anime Lillie, cannot touch any Pokemon except Snowball/Shiron and Pikachu? Giving her Nebby would go against what the anime has set up as a background for her. Anime Lillie =/= Game Lillie. Don't worry though, Lillie will be a major part in the arc and probably be a major hand in raising Nebby, and have her own troubles with Lusamine and Aether.

I predicted that Nebby would end up with Ash, but seriously. Nebby can't battle and is mostly just a baby who needs love, care and attention right now. Someone mentioned that Nebby is like Togepi but, as the picture shows, this version of Togepi likes the person who found it. Lillie will take care of Nebby too, if the preview tells us anything, but she won't be the primary caregiver. It balances out her role. Without Nebby going to someone else; Ash, Kiawe, Sophocles, Mallow and Lana would have no need to exist in the series as everything would be on Lillie. Sure, there would be some Power Z-Ring in the background but five out of the six main characters wouldn't have anything worthy to do with the plot. Plus, Lillie can't touch Pokemon. If Nebby went near her, she would scream and back away from it, even if it is cute.

I, personally, am excited about this, it's been a while since a baby Pokemon truly acted like this, the last one was Larvitar in Johto. Sure, you can argue Noibat but that was over with in two episodes. Nebby is gonna be the best thing in SM, no matter who it's gonna be with. But, think on the bright side, Lillie's gonna be a part of the rescue squad when Aether/Evil bad group inevitably kidnap Ash and Nebby for the Wormhole stuff.
You do have a point and I can see Ash, Lana, Mallow, Lillie, Kiawe and Sophocles taking turns of Nebby overtime until Lillie feels that she needs to hide Nebby from her mother and Aether/ Evil bad group by keeping it at her friendss homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom