• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM045: Hoshigumo Panic! A Sudden Teleport!!

This episode had some really nice moments. Nebby's crawling is adorable. Idk what's up with Litten and why he seems to be trying to compete with Lycanroc. First the speed eating, then the massive scream, and then...whatever they were doing at the house. It was just kind of weird to see. Anyway, my hatred for Rowlet increased a bit more. That dumb bird had no reason to be so rude and just ignore Nebby like that when he wasn't even bothering him.

The clay sculptures activity was cute, but honestly the entire time it was going on, I was just scratching my head wondering why it was happening. I mean, surely Kukui has some more interesting lessons...? I'm also really curious as to what face Lillie made to calm Nebby.

Overall this episode was pretty dull. Honestly I'm a bit upset that we had that massively rushed and crammed episode last week when this one felt so empty. They could have easily made last episode focused only on meeting the Aether crew while this one was finding Nebby and dealing with his teleport shenanigans. That would have been much better, imo. I'll give this episode a 5/10.

There was always a bit of a rivalry since it was a Rockruff and it used to always jump on Litten. I think it's a bit of foreshadowing evolution for Litten to keep up power wise. Rowlet is so far the comedy character so that's why they have him act like that, he just wants to eat and not be disturbed. He obviously loves Nebby if he always sleeps next to it.

Anyway, my hatred for Rowlet increased a bit more. That dumb bird had no reason to be so rude and just ignore Nebby like that when he wasn't even bothering him.
What are you talking about? Rowlet obviously wanted to be left alone and/or thought Nebby was going to steal its food and Nebby laughed when Rowlet fell over, yet Rowlet's the bad one? Hate on Rowlet all you want, but when you do, at least do it for things that is has actually done wrong.

The subbed version cleared up a lot of things for me. Nebby teleporting them where they were thinking about and then carrying Ash to all the places was nice to see. Nebby teleporting all the way to Akala island twice is quite impressive imo. Surprisingly, the thing that pleased me the most was when they addressed the fact that TR did not visit the base. I thought they would just leave it as an oversight but them getting in trouble for it was needed.

My thoughts on Rowlet ignoring Nebby.

Who here honestly likes people putting their faces up close while you eat and while they watch you eat? Pretty sure it was just a personal space issue, and Rowlet wanted to eat without someone right in its face. I'm pretty sure Rowlet was simply uncomfortable about being watched so close

I find it interesting how happy Nebby was around Team Rocket. Is this foreshadowing something or is it kind of like where Togepi would walk off a cliff obliviously?

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:
I find it interesting how happy Nebby was around Team Rocket. Is this foreshadowing something or is it kind of like where Togepi would walk off a cliff obliviously?
Here's what Bulbagarden says about Cosmog, which explains why it likes Team Rocket.
Bulbagarden Cosmog page said:
Cosmog has an overly trusting nature and it immediately takes a liking to whoever shows it kindness, even when that person doesn't have the best intentions for it.
This is why Nebby likes Team Rocket, and I'm sure that it'll try to like any human and Pokemon it meets. Once Team Rocket did something to make Nebby really upset or hurt it, it'll start to dislike Team Rocket.

This episode. I think is kinda of little bit disappointed for me. Because, nothing really happened except only funny scene. I bet, this trail is going to continue toward the end of the Arc. Where Gladion and Silvally appear again for Lillie memory recall of how she afraid touching Pokémon until where Ula Ula trip begins.

This episode. I think is kinda of little bit disappointed for me. Because, nothing really happened except only funny scene. I bet, this trail is going to continue toward the end of the Arc. Where Gladion and Silvally appear again for Lillie memory recall of how she afraid touching Pokémon until where Ula Ula trip begins.
Pretty soon, don't worry.

This episode was absolutely ace! Fantastically animated as well. (Funny fact: Shinohara also animated the XY episode when Satoshi almost fell into the volcano :p) It was just one of those lovely SM "fillers" in which every character who appeared got to do something/at least express some personality. Fujisaku is a new writer to Pokeani who has so far given us: Pokebase, Suiren vs Totem Yowashi, Mao+Yareyuutan and now this. THIS GUY HAS A 100% DELIVERY RATE SO FAR.

TRio: Don't know whose contributions I loved more in this episode. On one hand Musashi's indignation at Matori being the boss of her is so delicious (and MEGA PROPS for addressing the fact that they failed to achieve the purpose of their visit to Kanto!), especially the moment where she got it out of her system by shouting across the ocean. But Kojirou is just divine. I'm a big fan of him being the brains of the team, so it was really great to see him get it both really right (the battle plan) and so fabulously wrong (Petit-Dogasu!) The icing on the cake is how earnestly Musashi & Nyasu believed him on that!!
Scene elevated to God status!!

Satoshi: You dumbarse - don't you ever learn that the TRio only ever say the magical words seiseidōdō when they're planning something nefarious?

Hoshigumo-chan: Aww, you little bastard. I loved everything it did this episode. It is managing to be convincingly baby-ish and mischievous without being intolerable.

I have so much more to say but I've run out of patience, whoops. In short, Lillie, Kaki, Maamane, Nyabby+Lugalugan and above all Kukui were superb in this episode. Kukui's exasperated father act is just about my favourite thing. Best scenes were him dragging Satoshi away from the doughnut stall & looking like he'd been dragged through a hedge on the phone ?to the police!!

I legit have no chance in watching this episode yet, but judging by your expressions this is to be an exciting episode

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom