• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM047: Glazio and Silvady! The Mask of Punishment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see none of the other classmates (sans Lillie) are in the VA list. This would be the first absence of any student since SM023, which was 24 episodes ago.

Episode sounds pretty interesting.

No. See, Pokemon and characters have their names and the names that they are trademarked as. While the Japanese name for Onix is Iwark, it's spelled as Iwāku. Gladion's Japanese is spelled as Gladio, but it's romanised as Glazio.

s-l225.jpg
So, it's like Nyarth/Nyasu thing, where he's clearly called Nyasu but it's written as Nyarth.
Gladio refers to the Pokémon as "Silvady" and Satoshi decides to battle it with Lugarugan.
So, it's still Type: Null, but called Silvady.

Last edited:
Blacky is indeed Umbreon, nice to see all off Gladion's team have a confirmed Japanese voice actor

True, no Popplio means that she is voicing a different Pokemon now, like that one of Dugtrio. At least we know Professor Kukui shares the same voice as for Lycanroc (Dusk Form).

Interesting to see none of the other classmates (sans Lillie) are in the VA list. This would be the first absence of any student since SM023, which was 24 episodes ago.

Episode sounds pretty interesting.

Actually, Lana made a cameo during the PokeProblem segment only in Japan which unfortunately isn't dubbed in the International version. Also. Kiawe, Lillie and Sophocles made a small cameo during the training montage in SM040. We can't guarantee their absent, though, they may somehow make a small cameo here... And still we don't know who voices Lillie's Snowy? Rica, perhaps? Or Rikako Aikawa?

Last edited:
True, no Popplio means that she is voicing a different Pokemon now, like that one of Dugtrio. At least we know Professor Kukui shares the same voice as for Lycanroc (Dusk Form).

Actually, Kiawe, Lillie and Sophocles made a small cameo during the training montage in SM040. We can't guarantee their absent, though, 'cause they may somehow make a small cameo here... And still we don't know who voices Lillie's Snowy? Rica, perhaps? Or Rikako Aikawa?

Wish they would credit every actor/actress for each role per episode instead of just role role

Wish they would credit every actor/actress for each role per episode instead of just role role
Yeah. At least there is no Team Rocket causing trouble or interrupting battles here, and that's cool. Who needs them in every episode while there are backstories and developments, anyway?

Yeah. At least there is no Team Rocket causing trouble or interrupting battles here, and that's cool. Who needs them in every episode while there are backstories and developments, anyway?

Agreed, Team Rocket are boring and their plots are repetitive, with any luck Bewear will prevent them from leaving Alola when Ash leaves and that is the last we will see of them

Agreed, Team Rocket are boring and their plots are repetitive, with any luck Bewear will prevent them from leaving Alola when Ash leaves and that is the last we will see of them
Unless they somehow manage to catch it in some one point.

So Cosmog is the reason Ash meets Gladion. I was wondering how Ash was going to come across him. And either Gladion calles Type: Null "Silvally" for some reason or it evolves quickly and then Ash learns its name. That or it's a mistake.

Last edited:
First Preview
Preview
- Ash washes Lycanroc.
- Ash's Lycanroc gets angry at Nebby.
- Ash falls near a group of Pinsir.
- Ash's Lycanroc and Gladion's Type: Null battle each other.
- Pikachu and Nebby hug each other while being worried.
- Lycanroc surfaces from a pond and then gets angry.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIH-kUl4M_k

You know, I have a hunch that Lillie will appear at the beginning of the episode writing her diary about Aether Paradise and Ditto since there's no regular narration here.

You know, I have a hunch that Lillie will appear at the beginning of the episode writing her diary about Aether Paradise and Ditto since there's no regular narration here.
Unsho must be either annoyed or relieve that he doesn't have to be used as much lately.

Unsho must be either annoyed or relieve that he doesn't have to be used as much lately.
Agreed, but if Mallow and the other appear in the flashback from episode sm046, their appearance in flashbacks doesn't count as a regular appearance here.

Omg... If we have to see the same animation of Lillie writing in her diary reused a 3rd time I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Anyway, it's a weirdly depopulated episode. I'm not convinced Satoshi alone can make the best use of Glazio (haven't exactly found their interactions till now thrilling) but we shall see...

Omg... If we have to see the same animation of Lillie writing in her diary reused a 3rd time I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Anyway, it's a weirdly depopulated episode. I'm not convinced Satoshi alone can make the best use of Glazio (haven't exactly found their interactions till now thrilling) but we shall see...

I'm sure the reused scene of Lillie writing in her diary will go on until SM049 where she changes herself into a Z-Powered Form.

Lycanroc's red eyes are so cool, guessing that's going to be his special trait where when angry he unleashes his midnight Lycanroc ferocity. Still think in the end I wanted Pikachu vs Silvally as I feel that's the better battle. I could see it now, cut to the league finals, Ash Pikachu gets done the dirty and loses to Silvally when it's Lycanroc vs Silvally for the final match. In the end, by a small margin Lycanroc loses after even unlocking his 'rage' form and another league final is lost by Ash. Either that or Ash beats him in the semis with Lycanroc (should be Pikachu).

I wonder what happened that made Nebby want to start crying. Is it because Lycanroc got angry at it or is it because it wants Ash's attention and can't get it because Ash is busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom