• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM047: Glazio and Silvady! The Mask of Punishment!!

I like how they use the totem pokemon theme whenever Lugarugan gets pissed.

The "UB arc" continues to amaze me. This episode did some character building, for both Gladion and Lycanroc. The flashbacks and Lycanroc's new enraged "mechanic" is what this episode pretty much brings, and it's great how both of these gets weaved into this episode, which itself is funny and serious when the time is right. Not going to do pro's or con's, this episode is the first SM episode I give a 10/10 for.

Also, Lycanroc's enraged form, since we only know one of Dusk form's ability, and since the other Lycanrocs have 3 abilities, is it possible that this "enraged" form is a new, Dusk form-exclusive ability?

Also, Lycanroc's enraged form, since we only know one of Dusk form's ability, and since the other Lycanrocs have 3 abilities, is it possible that this "enraged" form is a new, Dusk form-exclusive ability?
Reminds me of Infernape's Blaze Ability or the damage boost Ash-Greninja gets

Hopefully Lycanroc can master it, since Null was still more than capable of avoiding it while it was enraged - heck, it may not even be a power boost and simply means it's angry

I doubt it's anything more than Lycanroc just getting annoyed. We don't need to go around explaining every single one of its behavioural traits as a new ability, even if we know little about Duskroc.

Lycanroc has out-furried Lucario.

544.jpg

547.jpg

I feel like I've already seen these on Deviantart.

Did you guys watch the subs? It was really interesting tbh.
Seems like Gladion also is questioning why Ash was chosen and what makes him so special. Not to mention he was curious about Ash having a special Lycanroc and also why his mother allowed Ash to keep Nebby.
It's also interesting to note that he did not mention Faba in the flashback as if he never noticed him there as he was too scared to help Lillie, also proves his motivation for becoming a trainer is quite good.
I think now that Lusamine knew how Lillie was attacked but she does not know what exactly Faba was doing, makes me start to think that there is some hidden agenda with her sigh. Still sort of hoping she's good though.
Lycanroc's loss isn't looking that bad now considering he lasted two crush claws and two double hits especially with the last one coming after two swords dance as well.
All in all, these episodes are really good from a plot standpoint.

Hey anyone notice Lillie brother has a different z crystal is red not white or black

My guess is that he got his Z Ring from Nanu, I believe each Island has a different color Z Ring. You meant the ring right because that was red.

Meh, didn't care much for this episode. Seeing Gladion and Type: Null again was nice, I also like how Gladion calls Type: Null Silvally since he named the Silvally species in the game. I didn't however like seeing the annoying rock mutt act like an asshole once again. Like seriously, getting pissy and upset because his fur got dirty? It was Ash's fault for scaring Ltten. Get mad at Ash, not the innocent kitten.

I did like that we finally found out why Lillie is afraid to touch Pokemon. I would be too if I got strangled by a Nihilego. Gladion interrogating Ash with questions was funny to see. The battle was pretty meh. I only really enjoyed it because Lycanroc got smashed with an ax to the face by Silvally. The vicious monster hound is what ruined the the battle by once again losing it over getting dirty. Really, that's such a weird trigger for such an extreme rage.

The Detective Rotom part was funny. I like how he was trying to get Litten to help him with his stuff, but Litten was just not about to get up. Lol.

Overall, the episode was fine, but nothing super exciting. 7/10.

After all, Gladion and Ash made a promise. Gladion asked him not to tell anyone he is at Melemele island and not to tell Lillie and the others about his Type:null. I guess there won't be a new journal wrote by Lillie for the next episode because of this promise.

After all, Gladion and Ash made a promise. Gladion asked him not to tell anyone he is at Melemele island and not to tell Lillie and the others about his Type:null. I guess there won't be a new journal wrote by Lillie for the next episode because of this promise.

Plot twist, Lillie writes about thinking about Gladion a lot recently and how she wishes she was not afraid of Pokemon.

Let me get my criticisms out of the way: Swords Dance's animation is effing hideous and out of place in the anime.

Ok, now I can swoon freely at the brilliance of this episode. SM as a series is so beautifully genre savvy. Nothing exemplified this more than attempted-Edgelord Glazio questioning Satoshi's Chosen One status!! How much have we all been bitching about this recently (in light of him getting Hoshigumo-chan in particular?!), and then Tomioka just went and laid it bare! In another series, not only would the question never have been asked, but Satoshi might have been unresponsive enough to pull it off, whereas here it becomes immediately clear that he really is no more than the lovable fool whose affinity with legendaries comes from genuine lack of ulterior motive.

I grew to despise Alan in XY because they played his edginess so straight. Glazio is a similar type of character but written with a little more nuance. I think it helps that his motivations are so much more real. That flashback was actually quite harrowing to watch. (Is it me or was this episode also fantastically scored?)

Lugarugan is another case in point. Yes, he's a special orange snowflake, but his rage is driven by such a pathetic mechanism. I can empathise with that so much easier than some righteousness/random berserk/must-save-my-Satoshi driver. Also, I can't wait till Mokuroh evolves and the two can preen together :ROFLMAO:

Even Pikachu has a fully fleshed-out personality and role these days, Holy Mary Mother of God what in the world is happening?! I don't know how to curtail my expectations anymore!!

But in the end, Rotom remains the most relatable character - he cares, but not enough to skip his favourite show! We all know how that feels, right?...

But in the end, Rotom remains the most relatable character - he cares, but not enough to skip his favourite show! We all know how that feels, right?...

I really enjoyed that bit too! It was relatable. And, I mean what else could he do? If he has to kill time waiting for Ash to come back, might as well do something productive :ROFLMAO:

Hate of getting dirty and inadvertently attacking Ash…

DP50.jpg
DP53.jpg
DP60.jpg

DP148.jpg
DP149.jpg
DP151.jpg

And creepy enraged expressions…

DP290.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Yep, Dusk Lycanroc took some notes from Serena’s Fennekin/Braixen and Korrina’s Lucario, it seems.
Still doesn't come close to Iris' Dragonite. Anyway, this was a great episode. Once again, the better ones are where the comedy level is low. Though, really, when Lycanroc was cleaned up by Nebby's scream, I was all "Seriously? That's kinda wtf even by this show's standards."
I chuckled a bit at Gladion asking Ash on what makes him qualified to handle Nebby. If only he knew of Ash's long resume of out-of-the-ordinary experiences he had with Legendaries. (then again, Ash probably doesn't know either, except when it's probably convenient - lousy cyclical restarts)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom