• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM047: Glazio and Silvady! The Mask of Punishment!!

The episode was okay to me. It was nothing bad about it, but nothing great. I thought there were great developments, but its a plot setup episode more than anything.

I liked it enough to be excited for the next episode.

This one kind of fell flat for me. Other than the revelation of Lillie's trauma, the whole episode was pretty stale.

Lycanroc geniunely irritated me. I hate it because I LOVED Rockruff. Like completely adored it. Ever since they started the evolution journey into the actual evolution, it's become unbearable. I think the entire concept of it going on an uncontrollable rampage because its mane got dirty is so ridiculous. I mean, I don't even really like battles, but the fact we had one interrupted for Lycanroc to throw a tantrum was so dumb and a total waste of airtime. I really hope they tone that down, it was insanely annoying.

Silvally is pretty terrifying. I think that's cool. The sounds it makes really compounded that. Gladion also continues to be an interesting character. I find him to be pretty dynamic and I'm excited to see his involvement in this arc.

This was a rare misstep on SM's part in my opinion. I've really enjoyed most of the episodes so far and this is probably the first one I can say I genuinely didn't like. I also really felt the classmates' absence here. They really do seem to liven things up.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom