• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM048: Full Force Pose at the Sleepover!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview
- Hobbes films Lillie and Snowy.
- Rotom and some of Ash's classmates fight over the TV remote.
- Lillie talks to Profesor Burnet on the beach.
- Gladion's Silvally runs at Lillie inside a cave.
- Professor Burnet and Professor Kukui walk along the beach together at night.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys-fw0Iv4Ao

Looks like this episode is directly leading into the next with Gladion possibly telling Lillie to meet him to discuss what happened to her. Also it looks like Burnet and Kukui's relationship is now forming which is cool to see!

Pokenchi Preview
Pokemcni Preview.
- Professor Burnet and Professor Kukui see Ash and his classmates do various things at the sleepover.
- Professor Burnet watches as Mallow does some cooking and Ash prepares some lettuce.
- Professor Burnet's Munchlax looks hungry as it seems the multiple plates of food in front of it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3b7VT2t4L4

I must say, these episodes (SM044-present) have been the peak of SM so far! They're actually giving us what the majority of us want: story.
I agree so much. Pre-Nebby SM was just pointless and boring, not to mention how disappointed I was with the small Kanto arc, as well as the lack of major development in all characters but (probably) Lana and Lillie. Post-Nebby, everything is finally starting to pick up, we see some more development for other characters, too, such as Gladion. This is actually pretty neat, though I kinda fear it's going to try to be like the XYZ arc.

Why do you fear that?
Unknown legendary under the care of a party member... check
Focused on a character and his/her relationship with the evil member... check
(Possibly) attempting to control Legendaries/UB for personal purposes... check
Inevitable battle with Ash and/or someone vs Lusamine/evil team admin... check
An overall sinister plot with the main characters being tricked and ultimately fighting for the right side... check
It may not be completely the same but the elements would be there

Most of those points happen each series/movie though. Only the taking care of said legendary in a baby form thing is sort of new.
What I fear is that SM would copy the XY formula instead of the other arc's formulas, judging by its success, and producing something mediocre
It happens a lot in movies and music

Most of those points happen each series/movie though. Only the taking care of said legendary in a baby form thing is sort of new.

Thing was done before a lot earlier than XY and Z

Larvitar is another baby pokemon that is part of a powerful evolutionary line that was under the care of Ash during the Johto series. It even screams loudly depending on the situation.

Last edited:
Thing was done before a lot earlier than XY and Z

Larvitar is another baby pokemon that is part of a powerful evolutionary line that was under the care of Ash during the Johto series. It even screams loudly depending on the situation.
Interestingly, Nebby can be seen as a combination of Larvitar and Zygarde (Puni-chan) too.

What I fear is that SM would copy the XY formula instead of the other arc's formulas, judging by its success, and producing something mediocre
I get why you feel that way, but don't you think that in almost every other way SM has successfully broken the mould set by other series including XY? I think there's good reason to be hopeful that things will pan out significantly differently. For one, very little headway was made in the Flare storyline until the last 1/3rd of the series, whereas this story is already rolling full steam only a year into the series, so the pacing is likely to be very different.

It feels like it's own thing to me already tbh, XY went their direction and SM has it's own and even if certain characters can be compared, they are still quite different. My example would be Gladion and Alain, 'Lusamine' and Lysandre etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom