• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM048: Full Force Pose at the Sleepover!

Oh man, the proper subs were really good, Kukui and Burnet are so nice together, I rather it like this where we see them bond, it's really adorable.
There was a scene where Pikachu was rolling on the clean carpet that was so adorable as well XD. He's honestly the thing I love most about Pokemon, love him and Ash so much.
Listening to the dialogue between burnet and Lillie and also Lillie and Lusamine at the beginning, it's quite clear Lusamine isn't evil, she has too much love for her children especially Lillie.

I rather prefer we'd see Burnet and Kukui already married as they are in the games. I don't see why they can't have have cute moments there as well.
I'm...not really invested into the whole Lillie and Lusamine relationship. I mean it's not bad, but compared to their games counterparts, it's just underwhelming. It's too tame for my taste. I kinda want it to fast-forward to the part where they reconcile.
As for the sleepover, it was meh. Thank goodness for Kiawe, leave it up to him to liven the party up. I'm surprised the house was still standing.
Well, apparently it didn't even take one episode before Ash's promise to Gladio was broken (certainly through no fault of his own). On the other hand, it showed that Nihilego might not actually be the reason Lilie is afraid of Pokemon. It was a nice twist, but it would have had a bigger impact if they waited down the line a bit more. I feel like the surprise wa spoiled a bit too early.

Last edited:
I rather prefer we'd see Burnet and Kukui already married as they are in the games. I don't see why they can't have have cute moments there as well.
I'm...not really invested into the whole Lillie and Lusamine relationship. I mean it's not bad, but compared to their games counterparts, it's just underwhelming. It's too tame for my taste. I kinda want it to fast-forward to the part where they reconcile.
As for the sleepover, it was meh. Thank goodness for Kiawe, leave it up to him to liven the party up. I'm surprised the house was still standing.
Well, apparently it didn't even take one episode before Ash's promise to Gladio was broken (certainly through no fault of his own). On the other hand, it showed that Nihilego might not actually be the reason Lilie is afraid of Pokemon. It was a nice twist, but it would have had a bigger impact if they waited down the line a bit more. I feel like the surprise wa spoiled a bit too early.

To each his own I guess but to me, seeing a relationship form is really nice imo, it's just beautiful on another level to me.

I like this side of Lusamine and Lillie because it shows something that is very realistic where children feel neglected because their parents work hard and while the parents want to do more for them, they just cannot atm. I think it will get worse before getting better though because I feel Lusamine will be taken by Nihilego due to Faba.

I didn't care for the sleepover itself, I was more interested in the dialogue tbh.

Nihilego is the reason for Lillie's fear imo, while it had Lillie, remember it gives off fear toxins so while Null was attacking Nihilego to save Lillie, she saw it as Null attacking her so it combined to traumatize her.

To each his own I guess but to me, seeing a relationship form is really nice imo, it's just beautiful on another level to me.

I like this side of Lusamine and Lillie because it shows something that is very realistic where children feel neglected because their parents work hard and while the parents want to do more for them, they just cannot atm. I think it will get worse before getting better though because I feel Lusamine will be taken by Nihilego due to Faba.

I didn't care for the sleepover itself, I was more interested in the dialogue tbh.

Nihilego is the reason for Lillie's fear imo, while it had Lillie, remember it gives off fear toxins so while Null was attacking Nihilego to save Lillie, she saw it as Null attacking her so it combined to traumatize her.
Like I said, the relationship between Lillie and Lusamine is not bad. I don't really care how realistic or not it is. It just comes off as too mild to me, as someone who inevitably compares it to their game counterparts. The contrast is just too stark.
Considering it's been what I assume years after the encounter with Nihilego, I think it's safe to say those toxins (which is a toss-up at this point whether they're gonna get addressed) would've most likely left her system by now. Speaking of realism, I'm fairly certain it was the scarring incident of a violent creature coming right at her that marked her more. Why else would Gladion go to such lengths to keep it a secret from her, even specifically asking Ash not to tell her.

The episode has its moments, but after the great quality of the last 2 I was expecting something better. The scenes are a prime example of SM's good comedy writing, but some of them didn't had much of a point or a contribution to the plot. And unlike others, I think the ending was rushed.

Like I said, the relationship between Lillie and Lusamine is not bad. I don't really care how realistic or not it is. It just comes off as too mild to me, as someone who inevitably compares it to their game counterparts. The contrast is just too stark.
Considering it's been what I assume years after the encounter with Nihilego, I think it's safe to say those toxins (which is a toss-up at this point whether they're gonna get addressed) would've most likely left her system by now. Speaking of realism, I'm fairly certain it was the scarring incident of a violent creature coming right at her that marked her more. Why else would Gladion go to such lengths to keep it a secret from her, even specifically asking Ash not to tell her.

Well comparing to the game counterparts is never a good idea imo, will almost always be disappointed, also I do believe that Lusamine is going to get worse before getting better anyways.
Yes the toxins will wear off but it doesn't change the fact that when under it, that's what she saw which is what her memory will keep hence it's PTSD. Also this isn't even taking into account that Faba most likely used Hypno on both Lillie and possibly Gladion. It would explain why she doesn't remember Nihilego but does have a inkling of Null's attack. I have my theories of what took place but in the next two episodes I'm sure they'll be answered and we shall see what happens.

Well comparing to the game counterparts is never a good idea imo, will almost always be disappointed, also I do believe that Lusamine is going to get worse before getting better anyways.
Yes the toxins will wear off but it doesn't change the fact that when under it, that's what she saw which is what her memory will keep hence it's PTSD. Also this isn't even taking into account that Faba most likely used Hypno on both Lillie and possibly Gladion. It would explain why she doesn't remember Nihilego but does have a inkling of Null's attack. I have my theories of what took place but in the next two episodes I'm sure they'll be answered and we shall see what happens.
It's kinda impossible not to compare the 2, because you know, the anime cannot exist without the games.
And my point was, she didn't really need any toxins to be traumatized.
I simply cannot take your explanation seriously because it requires too much speculation. Could it be true? Perhaps. But it currently relies on too many variables.

It's kinda impossible not to compare the 2, because you know, the anime cannot exist without the games.
And my point was, she didn't really need any toxins to be traumatized.
I simply cannot take your explanation seriously because it requires too much speculation. Could it be true? Perhaps. But it currently relies on too many variables.

Well you don't need to take it seriously, we'd see if I'm right or not soon :)

This episode was sooo cute (well, until the end at least). This had pretty much everything I felt was missing last episode and brought all of the qualities in SM that I love.

It was pretty cool to see Lillie acting a bit bratty towards both James and her mother. She of course has every right (at least I believe she does) but it's nice to see those dimensions and not have them be skirted over in favor of Lillie acting cute and sweet all the time. It makes her more endearing as a character.

The classmates are such gems. I just love them all together, acting like real kids. I actually laughed out loud when Kiawe used Inferno Overdrive during the Z Move game. So funny and well timed.

Kukui and Burnet are perfection. I was a little disappointed about the lack of marriage at first but honestly the possibility of getting to watch them build the relationship is too cute to pass up. I really hope we get more of that. Also, Lillie admiring Burnet like a mom! So cute! More of that too, please!

The twist at the end was pretty crazy. I'm into it. This arc really has me interested in what's going to happen next. Excited to see where Lillie goes from here!

Did you notice that Lusamine stopped talking to her phone after Lilie closed the screen? Did she just fake the call to get away from Lilie? :eek:

omg this episode is so good! perhaps one of my favourite thus far. The set up for Kukui and Burnet's romance. <3 The development of Lusamine and Lillie's characters. <3 <3 The story telling was really on point here!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom